Star Wars Weekends

Scott M.

OK, I had a few folks tell me they want to do this, so I am asking again before I start making reservations. I had 4 TK's tell me they wanted to go, so that would work out the $140 a person for a three night stay in Florida. This would get us Thurs, Fri, and Sat night IN Florida, less than 7 miles from the park. There is a parade on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so we can march all three days if desired.

The weekend I am planning this is June 6th - 8th. I plan to fly in Thursday night, and fly home Sunday afternoon/evening. This will allow me to march all three days.

Are my 4 posters still in, and are there others? Based on Hotel rates, this is not bad for 3 nights, but it would be much better with a few more troopers.

So, if you voted and are 100% sure you want to do this, please post here. I will probably ask for a deposit of funds so I can reserve the house. Also, if others want to go, that would be great.

There is a series of threads on the Florida Garrison forum, and I can help with sign-up if you are serious. The parade is at 11 AM each day, and you march for about 10 minutes. Total time in armor is less than an hour, but from what I understand this is a blast!!! I am hoping some of our FL clean brothers can help out and fill us in, but I am ready to really get moving.

Keep in mind a couple of things:

1) Only 501st, cannon costumes are allowed. If we all go TK, we are cool

2) There will be a check prior to marching, so we just need to make sure we look good.

3) I will be "fronting" the payment for the house, and I will only ask for the deposit to make sure you are committed. Final payment will not be due until you actually arrive, so please make sure you are serious.

4) I will be asking my local Garrison to see if anyone locally will be joining me, so feel free to do the same.

All right, let the posting begin!!!

:trooper:

OK, I reserved the house today, as well as an SUV for the weekend. Here is the house I have reserved for the weekend:

-----------

I have not heard much yet, so I am hoping some of you are just checking schedules. If we can get a total of 8 people, the total cost for the house would only be $30 per person, per night. (let Orbitz find you a better rate!!!).

Plus these is a pool, full kitchen, game room, BBQ!!

So anyone in? Like I said, I already have the house and the car, so I am just waiting to see who else is going.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Any active legion members who are interested in participating in this years Star Wars Weekends are encouraged to come over and sign up on the Florida Garrison forums..... http://fl501st.com/boards/index.php any and all information pertaining to the four weekends will be posted in the private SWW "members only" forum. Once you sign up on the boards, go to "Usergroups" at the top of your screen and request access to the member’s only forum. You will be required to produce your active legion ID # to gain access to the private forum. You may also want to introduce yourself in our newbie forum, (hint = may speed up the time to process you into the private forums. LOL!!!).

The parade is actually about twenty minutes long, but the two to three hour wait before is always a blast, and a great chance to mingle and get to know other legion members. This year we have troopers coming in from California, Arizona, Nevada, Costa Rica, Germany, and Japan, and that's just to name a few.

During the first and last weekends we always have a mixer dinner, and there is quite a bit of partying going on if that's your thing. LOL!!!

Any way, if you can make it, come on down to Florida. We would love to have you troop with us at our annual super bowl of troops.

Scott-

Thanks so much for taking this on. I will try to work out a flight today/tomorrow and I will let you know ASAP if I am 100% able to go. I probably would fly down Friday evening and leave Sun morning/afternoon. A short Tour of Duty ;-)

Scott, I need to kick my an impolite person and check how much it would be for a plane ticket that week end .. I'd love to attend and meet you guys ..

Awesome. So far, I have zero 100% confirmed on this, so the house may go bye-bye if we don't have enough people to split the cost. I have a Plan B, that will require a little more travel, but if we only have three or four people, will make a lot more sense.

By 100% confirmed, I mean no one has sent me a PM or asked about a deposit. Until I get someone to do that, I am assuming the worst.

BTW, if we go to a plan B, and the overall cost is no more than the house.

I would like to ask for a $50 deposit to secure a spot. If you are in, please PM me for deposit instructions. I have already spent $200 of my own funds to secure the house, and I promise to show anyone who wants it the overall bill, and be 100% up front with this process. Every person will pay the same, and I am not making a penny on this venture. I am even renting and SUV ON MY OWN, that we can use for transportation while in Florida.

BTW, I just learned that the passes we receive are good for 18 months, so the will not expire until December 2009!!!

Thanks for all who have expressed interest.

Scott

OK folks. I know things are crazy, but I need to set a deadline for interest. Anyone who would like to join Steve and I in Florida for SWW needs to get me a deposit prior to Wednesday, April 23rd. As of right now, there are only two of us going. I will need to release the house 45 days or so before the rental date to not lose my deposit. So, if you are interested in coming and doing the weekends, please let me know and lets get moving. I just saw a list on the Florida Garrison site, and there are over 100 troopers signed up for this weekend, so the turnout will be huge!!!!

I know more are interested, so please let me know!!!

Thanks,

Scott (and Steve)

Got it, thanks!!!

So far I have three confirmed and another three interested. The house has room from probably another 2 or three people.

Any takers???

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!!

OK, I still have room for 2 or 3 other people to share the house. Right now, I have 4 beds spoken for.

Anyone else?? I did this based on the Poll I did a while back, and I know there are at least 2 more FISD people who said they would be interested and would come for this event, so let's go troopers!!!

Scott, I had expressed an interest in this, and it's still there .. but we received our game milestone a month ago, and I'll definitely be stuck working overtime and crunching this summer .. perhaps it will still be possible, but I prefer to let you know in case I was one of those pending persons ...

Great initiative .. and I'll make sure to let you know if I ever can make it! I'd be glad to meet you all!

Al

Anychance of some names of those attending and on what dates, It would be great to meet some of you.

If i'm right the troopers come out from somewhere by pizza planet..i think so.

we will be around there or star tours. I'll be the mad Brit shouting...501st ROCK :D

myself and the family will be there. Sadly my armor won't be ready in time.