Doopydoos- Patience is a virtue...

justjoseph63

Hi all... Just a quick note for all those who order from Doopydoos... Be patient! I was more than a little miffed when after 28 days my order had not yet arrived, so I contacted Paypal to open a dispute. (They don't provide tracking numbers). I had sent them several emails after 20 days asking to find out the status, but received no replies. Guess what happened.. the very next day is was on my front door step!

I guess what I am saying is to hurry up and wait, but in the meantime, follow the GREAT posts/tutorials on here, and get everything ready to go. You will be glad you did! Best of luck on your build! Joseph

• Like 1

I ordered mine on December 29.  I sent 5 emails over the following 2 weeks asking for an update and never got a reply.  Just yesterday I got an email stating that my package had been shipped.  I had expected it to take a while, but the lack of communication is difficult for me to understand.  Oh well, at least I know it's on it's way :)  Thanks for posting this!

Brian 

Patience is indeed, a virtue. Now that you've got your kit, you'll come to truly understand that. LoL

It took mine about a full month to arrive from December of 2013 to January of 2014.

As for the lack/delay of communications, I believe that Doopydoos is basically a family business of sorts. They are probably the number one sole provider of E-11s to the Legion's Troopers, and they also do a good deal of other business. If you ever look around their site, they are not just an E-11 shop. :D I mean, they make those E-11 kits there and sell Care Bears, too. Looking at their inventory and different lanes of business, and the fact that they appear to be a small operation....

I'll go back to an old Army saying: Either your work is good, or your paperwork is in order, but not both.

Or you can go with the alternative.... me.

Great communication, great product. Work is good and my paperwork is in order! :D

I second that!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Glad you finally got your Doopy kit though. But certainly contact Derrek in the future if you plan on another resin build! 

Yes, Doopydoos is in the UK, but I had ordered a Hasbro upgrade kit from them a few months before, and it took only 9 days! I must say that I am VERY happy with the full kit. Apparently they have done some upgrades, and I have only had to do a few small gap fills. The only thing that really bothered me was their failure to answer emails. Otherwise, very pleased!

While DD sells a very good e11 for the price, I think what actually happens is sometimes they wait for funds to accumulate then buy resin to build. Of course a supplier should never sell what they technically don't have, but it does explain why some have to wait. I've had their product shipped to me in 2 weeks and then it took two weeks just to get the sales confirmation, then another two weeks to get the product.

They never reply to email, but they do always deliver eventually.

I must be one of the few, never had an issue with Doopy's, I think I've had about 12 kits over time, always had emails replied to when I've asked anything and shipping has always been adequate time wise, could it be Australia doesn't have hold ups in it's customs, who knows.