Is this helmet fixable?

It actually looks like you have the cap a little high and angled downward. The end of the brow trim seems to be sitting a bit higher than it is between the eyes. Keep the location between the eyes and lower the seam line and you will see that gap go away a bit.

• Like 1

Hey Harrt, from what I can see, looks like some more trimming is required on The lid, and may have riveted a little high and far out...I would grab a set of vise grips grip the shop end of the rivet..to keep it from spinning, and try to gently drill the outer head off . There is a few assembly how to's here in the forums.

Good luck sir!! Hope I was of help.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

As others have said, it's probably better to just remove the rivets and start all over. Note, this is why it's a good idea (according to several tutorials here) to not rivet the helmet in the beginning. Just use nuts and screws to put the bucket together while you assemble the bucket. When everything is done, you can always go back with the rivet gun.

That said, you can always carefully use a heat gun to mold the plastic pieces closer together. My tubes didn't line up exactly too. So, I just used a heat gun to heat up the tube area and used a soft microfiber cloth and just rubbed the heated bucket into the shape I wanted. However, my bucket wasn't that off.

completely fixable. My ATA was much like that at first as well. You cant really tell, maybe you can, by the angle of this picture but I had the same issues.

10801575_10204107514981979_1827668666349

The ears surprisingly cover a lot. I was too afraid to use a heat gun so I used the daughters hair dryer. Punched out the rivets, re positioned the two pieces and still had a large gap. I heated it up very carefully and massaged it to where it fit as close as it was going to get. I used the same rivet hole on the back piece, the interior one on the front was off but it didnt matter. 

completely fixable. My ATA was much like that at first as well. You cant really tell, maybe you can, by the angle of this picture but I had the same issues.

10801575_10204107514981979_1827668666349

The ears surprisingly cover a lot. I was too afraid to use a heat gun so I used the daughters hair dryer. Punched out the rivets, re positioned the two pieces and still had a large gap. I heated it up very carefully and massaged it to where it fit as close as it was going to get. I used the same rivet hole on the back piece, the interior one on the front was off but it didnt matter. 

Polar,

LOL....I don't see any issues with your buckets!  Looks good to me!