TK-12169 Requesting Incinerator Trooper EIB Status [CfO][APPROVED] 2nd

TK-12169 requesting EIB status for his Incinerator Trooper armor (Cast from Original - ROTJ)

• Name: Michael Seeger
  • ID: TK-12169
  • Forum Name: Trooper Mitch
  • Garrison: German Garrison
  • Armor Maker: Cast from Original (CfO)
  • Helmet Maker: TE2
  • Blaster Type: Self made
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 72 kg
  • Boots: Busse Jodhpur (painted white / weathered)
  • Canvas Belt: Self made / weathered
  • Hand Plates: Self made (latex painted white / weathered)
  • Neck Seal: TK-2647

The following pics are "small" versions. Each section is followed by thumbnails which are links to the preceding pics in their original (higher) resolution.

Full Body

tk12169_icn_01_frontaqgu3o.jpg

tk12169_icn_02_backarvfu13.jpg

tk12169_icn_03a_leftaanjs4.jpg

tk12169_icn_04a_rightw5j4q.jpg

tk12169_icn_03b_lefta00krd.jpg

tk12169_icn_04b_rightmoku4.jpg

tk12169_icn_01_frontaozjuv.jpg tk12169_icn_02_backar55k57.jpg tk12169_icn_03a_leftaadsft.jpg tk12169_icn_04a_rightkfs3f.jpg tk12169_icn_03b_leftad2spd.jpg tk12169_icn_04b_rightb9sf9.jpg

Action

tk12169_icn_99_actiona0uzv.jpg

tk12169_icn_99_actionfsbti.jpg

tk12169_icn_99_bucket2cuin.jpg

Armor Details

tk12169_icn_05a_abbuti3shj.jpg

tk12169_icn_14_codandptu0h.jpg

tk12169_icn_15_interi1cu2b.jpg

tk12169_icn_05a_abbutl3jq3.jpg tk12169_icn_14_codandxrstx.jpg tk12169_icn_15_interi1pscx.jpg

Helmet Details

tk12169_icn_18_helmetqiuel.jpg

tk12169_icn_19a_helmegbuab.jpg

tk12169_icn_19b_helmed1uo0.jpg

tk12169_icn_20_helmet5nu6e.jpg

tk12169_icn_21_helmetbgu9m.jpg

tk12169_icn_22_helmetfaua3.jpg

tk12169_icn_18_helmetbes5h.jpg tk12169_icn_19a_helme8idnr.jpg tk12169_icn_19a_helmey8s22.jpg tk12169_icn_19b_helme8pir2.jpg tk12169_icn_20_helmetwde7h.jpg tk12169_icn_21_helmetiti24.jpg tk12169_icn_22_helmet49cg6.jpg

Blaster Details

tk12169_icn_50_plasma9ppc8.jpg

tk12169_icn_50_plasmardo1x.jpg

tk12169_icn_50_plasma45el4.jpg tk12169_icn_50_plasmawwesz.jpg

Here you'll find the build thread of this Plasma Rifle: My Plasma Rifle Build

Accessory Details

tk12169_icn_26_necksep6uxb.jpg

tk12169_icn_27_thermagfugz.jpg

tk12169_icn_26_necksem0f5k.jpg tk12169_icn_27_thermaqui6x.jpg

Well well, Michael! All I can say is...impressive! Such good work and attention to detail has brought the Legion another incredible incinerator trooper. Let's take a look.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements: 

All required photos have been posted and your armor contains all elements required for EIB. Congratulations!!! 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This section is to summarize observations made by myself and your fellow troopers. Suggestions made here do not affect any application unless specifically stated. 

The amount of detail and points to keep track of on a build of this character are enormous. ANH details mixed with ROTJ with added Incinerator details means a person can get lost very quickly. You kept track of everything! I also feel it was a good decision to go with the TE helmet,

I would recommend investing in an undersuit that fits a little tighter.  

I am a little undecided as to the amount of weathering you have. The weathering should be limited and the armor shouldn't have a dirty feel to it. But in re-visiting dozens of photo references, some are definitely dirtier than others.gallery_14191_33_52344.png This guy here....not so muchSWTFU2011-03-1112-26-18-31.jpgI saw where you were going but aside from specific spots would like to have seen the weathering a bit lighter But a great job overall. I will mention one additional point regarding this down below.

I do need to clarify one thing. Like I mentioned before, the general armor base for this is ROTJ armor. One major difference is the thermal detonator. This issue is being worked on now and the CRL will be adjusted accordingly. The ROTJ TD belt clips in no way resemble the ANH/ESB ones and are not only thinner, but positioned farther inward than the others like Micheal has them. 

Centurion Suggestions:

A specialized character like this is about its details. One detail I would like you to strongly consider is to feather out the edges of the red paint in areas to appear more weathered. Although the CRL photos show this mostly unweathered, I believe this was for paint pattern clarification. According to all images, the red paint has significant wear at the edges and with the amount of weathering you have on your armor, I believe this would create a needed balance. Although this example may be a bit extreme:gallery_14191_33_253048.pngYou get my general point. Sometimes less is more. 

Thank you again for your fine work and congratulations again!!!

• Like 1

Hello Steve,

thank you so much for your quick and absolutely positive response  :) What should I say? :D ... I did it, again ...  :D ... and it cements my attitued to this: Stormtrooper once and forever :salute: I'm so glad that all the details are all right. But balancing the weathering as suggested lets me get enormous headaches because the complete armor is finalized with clear varnishand the red paint sticks to the plastic like pitch. At frist look I'd say I have to break this up completely and do an overall rework :shok: in order to meet this need and get a more balanced look to finally get the armor properly Centurion certified.

@all: Could somebody give me hints on how to achieve a kind of red-part-weahtering as shown above, but a little bit slighter? My skills in painting and stuff like that are very, very limited especially when it comes down to weathering ... :blush:

Edited by Trooper Mitch

To weather paint just use sandpaper. Start fine and if it's not giving the best results go coarser.

Looking great mate, I've nicked a few photos for my info I send out. Hope you don't mind.

Thank you for the tip using sandpaper I already tried very fine graining before weathering but wasn't that successful. I didn't want to go coarser in order not to make any deep scratches ... I found something like sandblasting but using dry ice. There's a company close to where I live. I'm going to ask them if they can remove this very, very sticky paint from the ABS in order to get the weathering I need ... hope that won't cost that much.

As for the pics: No problem! Hope they'll help ;)

Do your tests on an area like the back of your thigh that is out of the way. Mild sandpaper (220) will take off the finish you need without scarring the armor itself. You can even wet sand it to make the process more gentle.

• Like 1

Hi Steve, hi Mark,

thanks for the tips! I'll be very careful with the sandpaper and will take my time for this final step. Good things have to take their time. I also want to do some additional research before I start. I'd like to post the progress of this rework in here. I think this would be the right place ... so stay tuned ;)

Edited by Trooper Mitch

Thank you all for the congratulations and the tips about the further weathering !!!

Congratulations Michael, that's a beautiful Incinerator...  So much so that it makes me "THINK" that I'd like to have one someday.   ;)  Nice work!

It's not that hard to build an INC, Tim. The Helmet is ANH but the ROTJ armor from CfO  is much easier to handle than ANH/ESB only the painting and weathering is a little bit cumbersome... ;)  Whenever you got questions: Feel free to ask :duim:

• Like 1

Steve, just one question: The improvement of the weathering was just a suggestion, right? The armor could go for Centurion as it is, I suppose ... I'd do the improvements but the longer I look at this pic the more I find it personally all right. Yes, the pic was "slightly paintshopped", but anyway! ... I know your point of view but what do you think about my sudden doubts?

003-red-stormtrooper-7mar2.png

Also sudden Update:

I finally came to the conclusion to give it a try and while I was doing some damages I thought that it was good. Here's my first attempt with a slight weathering which is not finalized, yet ... I only added damages to the areas which are not or just slightly weathered ...

bd_rightthighback_smawoprg.jpg

bd_rightthighfront_smw0rb9.jpg

How about this ?

Edited by Trooper Mitch

Congratulations on your EIB!  It's great to see another incinerator achieve this award.

Thank you very much, Todd! Incinerator Troopers simply rock :jc_doublethumbup:  There's still another German INC waiting for 501st approval ;)

Thank you very much, Todd! Incinerator Troopers simply rock :jc_doublethumbup:  There's still another German INC waiting for 501st approval ;)

You guys are spreading like wildfire ;)

• Like 1

OK, battle damages and re-weathering is done, so far ... Sandpaper didn't work. It drove the paint into the plastic so that it became pink. Trying to scratch the paint off with a very, very sharp kitchen knife did the trick :duim:

bd_complete_smallbnrpp.jpg

The pics for Centurion will be shot tomorrow :) and my Centurion Request is going to follow :D

Edited by Trooper Mitch

Looks amazing! Good luck. :duim:

Thank you, Mark! Pics for Centurion are done :)

Edited by Trooper Mitch