Some RS Armor adjustment help needed!

Lidocaine

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking and reading for quite awhile, and it's amazing how once you get that glorious big brown box in the mail your mind goes blank. Anyway, I didn't trust my craft skills and asked that RS build my armor for me, and I believe they did a great job! However, I've dropped about 40 pounds since I sent over the measurements so I'm looking at armor that may not quite fit right in spots. Specifically my thigh pieces seem a little big, and with the webbing belt they supplied it's tough to get them to stay in place properly, I get a lot of sagging after walking a bit. I'm looking into a more secure rigging system for them currently. I do feel like my "side-butt" is showing a little more than it should, could that be remedied with the thighs fitting better?

Some previous feedback from my local garrison included maybe downsizing the biceps and forearms, any other adjustments folk think I should make? Here comes the bevy of pictures, I appreciate and value any and all help! 

IMG_4841.JPG

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4843.JPG

You know, it didn't even occur to me to shorten the elastic snap on the side, I'll check it out tonight and report back!

For the glue, I'm not sure, I should probably mention this is the PVC version of the RS armor. 

Edited by Lidocaine

Try putting the bicep parts in the freezer. After a deep freeze, sometimes the CA glue will fail. **be careful** you do NOT want to put so much pressure on the rest of it as to crack your armor!! That will be weakened as well as the CA glue. If it is PVA glue, you would need to cut the armor next to the seam (the edge that goes UNDER the other), then take a Dremmel tool out, and sand the doubled edge down to a single edge. Then re-glue it to fit you. Good luck!!

Edited by ozz

Looks fine to me. If you ever wanted to adjust the thighs you'd have to remove that CA glue (if CA glue was used) and if I were you I wouldn't as it already looks ok as it is. You aren't showing too much "side butts" either. You look good :duim:

If you are uncomfortable with the webbing belt where the thigh loops hang about, you could always use a black leather belt instead. It works better than those black webbings. And if I recall correctly, weren't black leather belts used in the films?

Thanks everyone for the help! I'm going suit up tonight and see how the final set of pictures turn out for approval. 

The main issue I have with the thighs is that they have the loops made out of elastic, and they're just a bit too stretchy for my comfort. I've got a black belt, and maybe just using that and hiking it up to mid chest will keep them in line!

In my opinion, your biceps don't look their best and need to be adjusted by taking them up higher. Not sure if they look "loose" as well but definitely need to be raised up under the bells more. The thighs are an easy fix as long as they didn't use plastic welder. With care, you should be able to pop the cover strip off on the backs and trim as needed to give them a better fit. Looks like you have lots of room there to bring them in. 

Biceps must be higher, and they seem a bit too big. But if they're just higher (not a big modification) it will be very nice. And I find that the thighs are a bit too high, it must be difficult to climb stairs ;-) Great armor besides that !