ESB CRL update

gazmosis

It was a point that was in the "Centurion" section of the CRL that stated that NO small elastic shall be on the back of the ribbed shoulder bridges. Since the elastic IS indeed seen in the film, this point has since been removed. You may leave your white shoulder bridge elastic.

post-12041-0-60781000-1421188896_thumb.jpg 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

It was a point that was in the "Centurion" section of the CRL that stated that NO small elastic shall be on the back of the ribbed shoulder bridges. Since the elastic IS indeed seen in the film, this point has since been removed. You may leave your white shoulder bridge elastic.

attachicon.gifesb shoulder straps.jpg

Must've took the guy ages to go through the blu-ray and get all those screen caps together ;)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I found out, that it's possible to use the same armor for ESB and ANH, since they did the same on the movie set. Only differences are: Helmet (decals & frown), Handguards & Belt/Holster - am I right?

But in the CRL of the ANH Stunt it says about the shoulder straps, they "may free float in back". In the CRL of the ESB trooper it says "These shall be affixed in the back".
Is the small elastic enough for fixing them or do I have to glue them on for centurion status? (Because then it's not the same as on the ANH armor...)

Can I get an ANH armor Centurion approved, purchase ESB gloves/handguards, helmet, belt/holster and blaster and then let the same armor be centurion approved as ESB?

• Like 1

This is what I'm doing Christoph, I bought new handguards and correct ESB decals, am painting the helmet to ESB spec and have looped my holster on the right side

------------------

These are AM 2.0 hanguards cut to my hands proportion I obviously am going to have to round it out a bit more though

On 2/9/2016 at 3:36 AM, Ripper_L said:

Hello. I found out, that it's possible to use the same armor for ESB and ANH, since they did the same on the movie set. Only differences are: Helmet (decals & frown), Handguards & Belt/Holster - am I right?

But in the CRL of the ANH Stunt it says about the shoulder straps, they "may free float in back". In the CRL of the ESB trooper it says "These shall be affixed in the back".
Is the small elastic enough for fixing them or do I have to glue them on for centurion status? (Because then it's not the same as on the ANH armor...)

Can I get an ANH armor Centurion approved, purchase ESB gloves/handguards, helmet, belt/holster and blaster and then let the same armor be centurion approved as ESB?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

But do you know if the loose/fixed shoulder straps mentioned in the CRLs matter for EIB or Centurion?<br>

Seems like the ESB CRL wants us to glue the shoulder strap on both sides, while the ANH CRL clearly says no glue on the back!

"

• The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece."

I'm pretty sure they float and are held down by the elastic to the white fabric strap that joins the back and chest

The centurion wording is wrong and/or misleading. I could have SWORN I fixed that some time ago.

These shall be affixed in the back (no snaps, rivets or brads shall be visible).

Yes they should float and be held down by the elastic. 

-Eric

• Like 3

So no velcro in the back?  Keep it the same as ANH?  (Confirming for a friend!)

Yes please. 

If your GML has a problem with it send him to me.

-Eric

• 1 month later...