Joblesspunk's Ap Stormtrooper Build

JoblessPunk

Wow for a joblesspunk you sure have nice things in that room...lol  :laugh1:

As for your list:

Required: 

1 - Adjust Forearms so they are not as large around. [GGG] NOT REQUIRED, suggested

2 - Fix belt location on ab plate [C] Required

3 - Tone down the gold on Blaster [C] Required

Suggested: 

1 - Adjust thigh garter to lower thighs [GGG] I personally think they're fine where they are. If they're aligned with the ab and don't pinch your groin I would leave them as is.  Choice is yours

2 - Trim length of cover strips on some parts [C] Highly recommended

Great job Tim

lol yeah, I'm running out of space in my small studio apartment, so right now my girlfriends and my collectables are all pushed into corners  ^_^

Thank you for clarifying the list!

I can't wait to start working on fixing these changes. 

Off topic.... where did you get that action figure display case????????????????????

I had it custom made at Tap Plastics  ^_^

It holds 140 figures (10 rows, 14 figures per row), has a mirrored back, and a full magnetic closed door. It was a bit pricy, but I love how it looks! At my previous apartment I had more room, and it wasn't all jammed in a corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.  I know Tap Plastics is major $$$$$$$$$ . . . 

so worth the presentation and its super awesome!

Thanks! 

Yeah I love-love the presentation and worth every penny  ^_^

Hey All,

Sorry for such a long gap between updates, but here we go  ^_^

A few weeks ago I received my helmet bag from trooperbay and patches from a fellow GGG member:

9NkZwcz.jpg

OztDowB.jpg

*I'll be putting these patches on my helmet bag soon.

About a week ago received a new trimmed ab plate:

XfxweyU.jpg

I also ordered these painting templates (Star Wars Stormtrooper Abdominal Plate Masking Template) for the ab buttons. I wanted to play around with them and I bought both sizes. But one set was too small, and one set was too big… so I just took my plates off my other ab plate and glued them onto my new one. 

ySA716b.jpg

Le40Lf2.jpg

This time, I waned to make sure I put the belt on correctly. Since the belt was already built it took a bit for me to figure out a good way to line it all up. In the end my girlfriend and I came up with this simple and accurate way to line it all up. We used the putty you hang up posters, placed the belt where it needs to go and then pushed into the putty to see the outlines of the snaps. Once I had the placement I used a pencil to mark the center of the snap. 

Worked pretty well, here’s some photos:

Uv1BPmA.jpg

MM2FA9M.jpg

joLXQMT.jpg

9wBAMGh.jpg

vftB4wG.jpg

Also yesterday, I finished up all the rest of the requirements and added the snap plates on my new ab plate. 

fGrQvmW.jpg

CuHwwui.jpg

q6CQopj.jpg

h10vO5Y.jpg

Lastly, used some acrylic paint and toned down the gold. 

*Please let me know if I should tone the gold down more.

Sq1LI8W.jpg

WcE5loi.jpg

Today I’m working on the two last things, cutting down the cover strips and adjusting my forearms. 

I’m shooting to be done this week and take some new photos soon!  :smiley-sw013:

Side Note, I do have one question about the rubber gloves. I took them off my mannequin and it looks like the black rubber is becoming oxidized?

0no71a2.jpg

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm going to pick up some tire cleaner to see what I can do. I think it will work fine, but I was just wondering what everyone else does :)

Edited by JoblessPunk

Day 2:

Trimmed down all the cover strips:

7H6NO9R.jpg

Cut down my forearms a bit:

3zeWEfS.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll glue the other side of my forearms, and then the next day I’ll trim down my forearm cover strips. 

If everything goes well I should be all done with the requested adjustments this week. I’m shooting to take new photos sometime next week, so let me know if there’s anything you would like to see before then. 

Thanks again for everyones help  :smiley-sw013:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all  ^_^

Two things:

1- I bought Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Foam to deoxidize my gloves:

EbiZmmp.jpg

It worked great!

2- I will be taking my Centurion photos this Friday! 

Please let me know if anyone would like to see anything before I take the official photos  :smiley-sw013:

Congratulations! For the forearm trimming, do you mind going into some details on how you did it?  How did you remove the cover strips, and how did you decide how much to cut off, and where?

Thanks  ^_^

Lets see if I can help ya out. 

I don’t have any photos but here’s basically what I did:

1 - Peeled off the coverstrips trying not to bend them too much. 

- E6000 is very forgiving and you can peel parts apart if you need to. 

2 - Cleaned off the E6000 Glue.

- I peel as much as I can off with my hands. With all the rest all I do is take a towel and vigorously rub it over the glued area. It easily comes off, kind of like the glue that comes on the back of a new credit card.

3 - Cutting.

- I eyeballed how much I needed to trim. My main concern was to be able to fit my fist through the opening, so make sure you can do that.

- As for cutting, I “drew†a straight line with Blue masking tape and either used an razor blade to score and snap the ABS plastic, or the other way is to use heavy cutters and cut of the excess ABS plastic. 

4 - Glued it all back up.

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions :)

Thursday update!

Finished the shoulder bridges with white elastic holding them down in the back:

1J5aduk.jpg

A3a9K3D.jpg

Glued ab button plates on:

4VEVgUE.jpg

Finished Thermal Detonator:

KmGLtH2.jpg

wOAPnXj.jpg

Trimmed my thighs down a bit:

YVWQHdk.jpg

All thats left in my to-do list:

1.) Shoulder/Bicep elastic 

2.) Glue belt snap covers on

3.) Fit biceps a bit more to my body

I’m waiting for a packages to arrive in the mail for tasks 1 & 2. Once they come and I complete the tasks 1-3 I should be 100% done!!  :smiley-sw013:

Tim,

Hi, Fantastic Build. I have 2 questions.

1. Your A.P. Thighs look like they came from the screen! Did you Trim the back of them? How much did you take off?

2. Did you Heat Bend the Thigh Ammo Pack?

Andy

Tim,

Hi, Fantastic Build. I have 2 questions.

1. Your A.P. Thighs look like they came from the screen! Did you Trim the back of them? How much did you take off?

2. Did you Heat Bend the Thigh Ammo Pack?

Andy

Thank you!  ^_^

Lets see if I can help:

1 - Yes, I did trim the back. If you look at this photo:

hZ8m2i3.jpg

The 2 strips in the red circle is how much I took off, I basically took off the return edge that is molded into the back of the AP thighs.

As for the cut, I used blue tape to make a "line" that I wanted to cut, used a razor blade to score the line, then flexed the plastic back and forth to get a clean break. 

2 - Yes, I used a heat gun and popsicle sticks in between the ammo boxes. The popsicle sticks ensure an even bend when curving the thigh ammo pack. Just do it r-e-a-l-l-y slowly, you don't want to heat the plastic up too much or you will melt it. I personally didn't run into any problems, but I was very careful and took my time. 

Hope these tips help!  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by JoblessPunk

Thank you!  ^_^

Lets see if I can help:

1 - Yes, I did trim the back. If you look at this photo:

hZ8m2i3.jpg

The 2 strips in the red circle is how much I took off, I basically took off the return edge that is molded into the back of the AP thighs.

As for the cut, I used blue tape to make a "line" that I wanted to cut, used a razor blade to score the line, then flexed the plastic back and forth to get a clean break. 

2 - Yes, I used a heat gun and popsicle sticks in between the ammo boxes. The popsicle sticks ensure an even bend when curving the thigh ammo pack. Just do it r-e-a-l-l-y slowly, you don't want to heat the plastic up too much or you will melt it. I personally didn't run into any problems, but I was very careful and took my time. 

Hope these tips help!  :smiley-sw013:

Tim,

THANKS!!!! It Helped!!!

Andy

• Like 1