FISD Website Outage

Darth Aloha

Considering there's quite a few detachments on this server, perhaps we should start a donation thing along with the other detachments :)

We do it every year around July. Are you new?

-Eric

I was unable to find an online backup etc etc) even more when I noticed one site (not FISD, no worries lol) had been lacking making backups for a while.

Good thing we keep offline backups at my place then. ;)

Me too Vern, I thought perhaps my donation was insufficient, hence no supporter badge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just never got around to making the graphics for the new supporter badges.

I too have donated to the site, but I don't mind. In fact, I've removed some of the badges I could have. It's just too much otherwise.

I only recall seeing donation requests once since I've been a member.

That's what I was thinking, but it could be done more often too, if it's done only once a year :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Good thing we keep offline backups at my place then. ;)

After that instance it doesn't really matter for that one site on this server, considering I keep my own backups for them.

That's what I was thinking, but it could be done more often too, if it's done only once a year :)

It takes less than 24 hours to raise more money than we need for hosting fees. There is no need to do it more than once a year. 

I know for the sure I've done it for the past two Julys. 

-Eric

It takes less than 24 hours to raise more money than we need for hosting fees. There is no need to do it more than once a year. 

I know for the sure I've done it for the past two Julys. 

-Eric

I would donate to get the website moved to a more stable host that doesn't have us waiting minutes to execute searches, and crash so often.

I would donate to get the website moved to a more stable host that doesn't have us waiting minutes to execute searches, and crash so often.

That's the plan. Probably right after elections.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admin a site that is hosted by Vbulletin. Very trouble free and not too expensive either. 

Unfortunately we need some more than just "hosting". Hence why we want to move to a more powerful solution.