FISD Website Outage

Darth Aloha

Yep. The database that supports FISD fell down and went boom last night. I couldn't fix it myself so I opened a ticket with our hosting provider this morning. They pulled a few levers from behind the curtain and the site is back. I'll be doing an extra site backup today just to make sure. 

During the break I hope you enjoyed either A ) Other legion related forums B ) real life

-Eric

• Like 6

During the break I hope you enjoyed either A ) Other legion related forums B ) real life

-Eric

I enjoyed neither. I just sat here pressing refresh until it came back up.

• Like 3

The fun part about real life is being able to be a part of this forum.

I had 5 PM's to answer, new projects to start, Tutorials to work on

and products to pick up at the post, as well as prepare to send.

in some way the FISD is actually a major part of my life.  really!

I'm sure glad that we have a good backup!  perhaps we should consider a monthly backup schedule? a cron job perhaps!>?

giphy.gif

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 2 weeks later...

its happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sSW_deathstar: 

I'it happened', coz you weren't able to post during the time ;)

Anyways, yeah, it did indeed occur again. I was online at the time and it was quite a scary thing to see this time around (it was different from normal as databases were accessible, but shown as completely empty). It happened on most (if not all) of the other detachments hosted in this server as well. It gave me quite the scare, because it kind of looked like a hack had occurred (in addition to the empty database, logs were gone, I was unable to find an online backup etc etc) even more when I noticed one site (not FISD, no worries lol) had been lacking making backups for a while.

Anyways, we're back online, Eric was informed as soon as it happened. 

Time for more FISD donations me thinks. :)

Considering there's quite a few detachments on this server, perhaps we should start a donation thing along with the other detachments :)