E11 by ASH

ash

Hi everyone, First of all....happy new year to all....

I´m back again with another creation, ... the blastech E11 blaster....

It has been created from my 3d designs and then printing all pieces with a 3d printer. After this process I took molds from all pieces and cast them in resin.... I followed the same process as my DLT-19....and here you have the result....

I have to finish some minor details but it is finished at 99%...

I know that is more canon painted black...but I like this kind of rusty look...I´m always on time of spraying it with black......

16lTNMr.jpgA1Y8hEJ.jpgYakmdxO.jpgcGtH3OI.jpgkHtSOV9.jpgEgqSK6j.jpgDPubpWd.jpgDW5Xd3J.jpgzCHtN3C.jpgKm4zGEV.jpglpRCtrm.jpg

tKkAtE5.jpg

QUy395A.jpg

Well....as I have said...there are few details that I have to finish like back connections of the capacitors...the clip key (I don´t know its correct name) of the magazine.....the capacitors cables....and the back ring that I´m waiting to be delivered to me soon...

EDITED - The E11 weight is about 960 gramms...

I DO NOT SELL IT IN KIT...I SELL IT FULLY ASSEMBLED AND PAINTED WITH THE SELECTED LOOK...

I hope you like it....anyone interested...send me a PM ans I´ll tell anything about it.

Many thanks and best regards.

If anyone has interest in viewing the overall process of this building it can be seen in the spanish garrison public forum....here I put the link...

http://www.legion501.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=9209

Looks great Ash. Couln't understand a word of your thread on the spanish garrison, but the pics were really interesting. Amazing the detail you can get by printing separate components as you did. Oh, to have the tools and machines. One can only dream....

Only criticism's would be the front sight could do with a bit of work, the magazine probably doesn't need to be that long, and the printing "ASH" over all your photos was really annoying.

Great work. Are you mass producing/selling these?

Hi Ian...I understand that you couldnt understand any word of spanish but the pictures describe quite well the process....they are a lot and I think that is easier to put a link to them in order not to put all of them again in every forum where I show my work.

Many thanks...I am very happy that you like it...but I don´t understand when you talk about the front sight...

The magazine is 4 cm long...it is removable and everyone has the possibility of cutting it till it has the desired length...and about the printed "ASH" is because I have found many times my photos in internet signed by other people...this way... if anyone wants to use one of the photos of my work without my permission, he or she will have to make a previous photoshop work to quit my mark.

Of course I´m selling these....if you are interested put me a PM and I´ll give you all the info you need.

Many many thanks again for the kind words.

Edited by ash

Very cool Ash! Looks great for a 3D printed/casted blaster. The details are really sharp. I don't know much about 3D printing but that grip looks amazing. That's really made from a printed grip?

Just imagine, maybe in the near future someone can pay you, you send the data to the customers designated 3d printer and they get a printed parts kit to instantly print out and build.

Well done!

Hi Ian...I understand that you couldnt understand any word of spanish but the pictures describe quite well the process....they are a lot and I think that is easier to put a link to them in order not to put all of them again in every forum where I show my work.

Many thanks...I am very happy that you like it...but I don´t understand when you talk about the front sight...

The magazine is 4 cm long...it is removable and everyone has the possibility of cutting it till it has the desired length...and about the printed "ASH" is because I have found many times my photos in internet signed by other people...this way... if anyone wants to use one of the photos of my work without my permission, he or she will have to make a previous photoshop work to quit my mark.

Of course I´m selling these....if you are interested put me a PM and I´ll give you all the info you need.

Many many thanks again for the kind words.

Yes, pictures were great. Made it much easier to understand the process.

Your pictures may be deceiving, perhaps it just looks long - For reference, my DVH magazine housing is about 4.5cm long and Steve's (gazmosis) magazine is about 3.5cm long from where it goes in up to the clip.

Aaron (usaeatt2), has posted some great detailed pics of many components of the Sterling (can't put my finger on them now), but has also detailed some exact measurements here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28936-e-11-pvc-pipe-build-templates-imperial-and-metric/.

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work. If you advertise these I'm sure you will sell a lot!

Well ash, you are two for two out of the box. The amount of work that went into this had to be astounding. Congrats!! I would definitely consider tweeking a few things, though.

From back to front:

The buttcap has excellent detail, but is missing the "d" ring retainer on the end. Secondly, the main receiver tube has a collar with locking tracks that the butt cap locks on to. This is slightly larger in diameter than the main tube. The main charging bolt is short. As you can see here,post-12041-0-97602300-1420551889_thumb.jpg the bolt extends to almost the back of the pistol grip. The tracking strip on your bolt is way high as well. Looking at that same pic, you are missing the rivets on the hinge point of the folding stock.

The mag area is a topic brought up,a lot. The walls of the originals were 1/16 th of an inch thick (just under 2 mm post-12041-0-70798600-1420552380_thumb.jpg I don't understand why your walls need to be so thick. It gives the magazine a flattened appearance. Lastly, I would make the front sight pin a bit smaller. The detail you have achieved here is mind blowing. You have a gem of a product developing here!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Made from nothing more than computer files and rolls of plastic rod, then cast in resin.

And the brass plates photo-etched with the finer details?  BRILLIANCE.

I'm definitely showing your thread on the Spanish garrison to my wife to further support the purchase of a 3D printer.

Have you seen TrainWreck's 3D printer work (posted recently)?  The two of you may want to share files?

So many questions...

What printer are you using?

Have you considered selling parts on Shapeways?

Would you be willing to share files?

Just finished up midnight shift at work - this made my day and I'll sleep happy!   :)

Very cool Ash! Looks great for a 3D printed/casted blaster. The details are really sharp. I don't know much about 3D printing but that grip looks amazing. That's really made from a printed grip?

Just imagine, maybe in the near future someone can pay you, you send the data to the customers designated 3d printer and they get a printed parts kit to instantly print out and build.

Well done!

Sorry for not explaining it at all....I have explained it in the spanish garrison forum so here I forgot to mention somne things like the grip is an original grip bought in online store with authentic parts of sterling and another guns...

The problem with selling or sharing the 3D files is that they will appear in the net for free and for all....all the people swear not to share the files but finally people share these files with a friend that swear that he/she will not share with nobody else but they finally do and those swear the same and they finally do and finally.... why have people to pay for something that may be found in the net for free?....I don´t know if I have explained myself well.

Again...many many thanks for your words.

Best regards...

Edited by ash

Well ash, you are two for two out of the box. The amount of work that went into this had to be astounding. Congrats!! I would definitely consider tweeking a few things, though.

From back to front:

The buttcap has excellent detail, but is missing the "d" ring retainer on the end. Secondly, the main receiver tube has a collar with locking tracks that the butt cap locks on to. This is slightly larger in diameter than the main tube. The main charging bolt is short. As you can see here,attachicon.gifimage.jpg the bolt extends to almost the back of the pistol grip. The tracking strip on your bolt is way high as well. Looking at that same pic, you are missing the rivets on the hinge point of the folding stock.

The mag area is a topic brought up,a lot. The walls of the originals were 1/16 th of an inch thick (just under 2 mm attachicon.gifimage.jpg I don't understand why your walls need to be so thick. It gives the magazine a flattened appearance. Lastly, I would make the front sight pin a bit smaller. The detail you have achieved here is mind blowing. You have a gem of a product developing here!!!

Hi...many thanks for the comments...I know that there are a couple of details to finish it perfectly....the back d ring...the cables of capacitors....the ribets....you´re right with the bolt...I´ll try to correct it....and the walls of my mag area are so thick because of moulding issues...I have made the mould in one piece in order to keep all texts and the details without repairing any joint...this way I have a perfect piece just out of the mould...that´s why my walls are so thick...because the resin needs more space to enter...

UNBELIEVABLE!

Made from nothing more than computer files and rolls of plastic rod, then cast in resin.

And the brass plates photo-etched with the finer details?  BRILLIANCE.

I'm definitely showing your thread on the Spanish garrison to my wife to further support the purchase of a 3D printer.

Have you seen TrainWreck's 3D printer work (posted recently)?  The two of you may want to share files?

So many questions...

What printer are you using?

Have you considered selling parts on Shapeways?

Would you be willing to share files?

Just finished up midnight shift at work - this made my day and I'll sleep happy!   :)

Hi....I´ll try to answer your questions the best I can...

The printer is froma friend of mine....the model is 3D UP!

I don´t think about it by the moment because more soon or late they will be shared freely by anyone...With this I have answered the two final questions....

Thank you very much for your words...I´m really happy if anyone is happy with my work....

Thanks again and best regards.

Pedro,

I don't know if you're familiar with Shapeways - Google it!

If you open a shop on Shapeways, people can view and purchase your products globally.

Then Shapeways 3D prints the ordered products based on your material specifications.

They handle everything from production to shipping to customer service.

They charge a 3.5% payment processing fee and you get the profits!

I'm sure LOTS of troopers would purchase your parts - they're super clean and look very accurate!

I know I would. 

If you search the Shapeways website under Star Wars, you'll find all kinds of weapon and costume parts.

Something to consider...it would save you a ton of time producing parts!

Aaron

Many thanks for the kind words.

I´ll not share the 3D files sorry ...it would be the same that if you ask troopermaster or RS or ATA for the moulds of their armors just to build it by yourself....... I´m not an enterprise...I´m a craftsman but I have the same right to protect my work.

I hope you understand it....sorry

On 1/6/2015 at 6:14 PM, ash said:

Hi everyone, First of all....happy new year to all....

I´m back again with another creation, ... the blastech E11 blaster....

It has been created from my 3d designs and then printing all pieces with a 3d printer. After this process I took molds from all pieces and cast them in resin.... I followed the same process as my DLT-19....and here you have the result....

I have to finish some minor details but it is finished at 99%...

I know that is more canon painted black...but I like this kind of rusty look...I´m always on time of spraying it with black......

Many thanks for the kind words.

I´ll not share the 3D files sorry ...it would be the same that if you ask troopermaster or RS or ATA for the moulds of their armors just to build it by yourself....... I´m not an enterprise...I´m a craftsman but I have the same right to protect my work.

I hope you understand it....sorry

Well said, and no worries.