Adjusting Sniper Plate

I am running into a problem with finishing my suit.  I purchased Trooper Gear ABS kit earlier this year.  This selection was mainly made for the fact the their kit could accommodate a guy of my height.  I stand 6'5" and my calve armor is wider than normal to fit my lower legs.  The sniper plate that comes with the kit is too small to fit.  I have cut down the material on the plate and it is fitting much better but still not right.  

Are there any other ways to adjust the plate so it could the the wider than normal calve armor?

Thanks 

You need 22 or 23mm(please someone correcte me with the right width) with of cover-strip. It's too wide. Knowing the material that comes with the AM, i would trim from the front and leave more material in the back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kyler: Did you overlap the front of your shin? It kinda looks like there is too much of it if you did... or its as the other Eric said your cover strip is too wide for fit the sniper knee. Typically most folks leave the front sorta about 22-25mm ish for a more accurate look and just shim the back to accommodate wider calves. 

-Eric

... and my calve armor is wider than normal to fit my lower legs.  

As the others have said, the front cover strip should be a lot less (and actually there, not just overlapped for more accuracy). Keep that at the 20-25mm and do any shimming at the rear. You may need to actually add extra wide shims onto the rear section of the calves if need be.

The problem is that when I measured the armor to also fit my boots and my legs, I could not get everything to fit unless I left the fronts so wide.  Trooper Gear told me that I was right on the edge of for their kit to fit an individual.  I will try playing more with the sniper plate to get it to fit correctly. Thanks everyone for your help.