What about this eBay armor?

jeff.t.hammond

To late its being on the way 1 week ago.he said its a anh original mould armor and his friend has being making since decades and that the maker has made for 501st and has had photoshoots with 501st legion

I'd be stunned if it's got lineage because the crap he sent me was badly recast FX armour.

Can I suggest you post this up in the armour general discussion as things down here can be missed:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/29-hard-armor-general-discussion/

I'm quite new to this myself, but the advice I got when I bought the same armour was to run away quickly.

Hello all troopers..I also bought this armor from ebay..it should arrive this week..I got it for a fair price.i recommend

You are sadly getting yourself in a lot of hard work for a recast. Usually (99.9% of the time) these armor are very cheap in quality, meaning that they will crack or even break in a small period of time.

The helmet, I cannot put my finger which one it is, but, the armor is definitely an FX recast.

Good luck with your build.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

If this is getting you down, you always have the option of selling it, saving some more coin, and talking to the vetted sellers here on FISD. We only have your best interests in mind. If you decide to push on and modify this armor, we are still here to support you and help where we can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got caught in this guy's trap when I bought my first set of armor.  HORRIBLE!  The bucket was the size of a Volkswagon!   I did think briefly about selling the helmet by itself as a "Star Wars baby bathing tub", but it was too big. :P

This was the image he used initially to advertise the auction...

ScreenShot2014-10-14at182619_zps9fca4d08

I still have the images from the box of armour he sent me.  Worryingly the back piece was cracked out of the box.

20141014_153241_zps59b60655.jpg

20141014_153213_zps9071d4e9.jpg

20141014_153307_zps5a918be7.jpg

20141014_153330_zps2f5effb5.jpg

20141014_153515_zps59e2bf57.jpg

20141014_153613_zpsb4906aae.jpg

You get the idea.  Fortunately I was able to send the whole lot back as I say.  

• 3 weeks later...

I got duped too...doh. I actually blame it on medicine...and impatience. Apparently restless leg medicine cause binge shopping. Who woulda thunk. Fortunately I went to FAC for my other kits (TI kit should be in mid month).

Unfortunately, if return shipping is anything close to what I paid for it to get to the US, its hardly worth the refund I'd get. I knew ahead of time from reading the CRLs and such that I'd need to get a bunch of extras and knew I'd have to assemble it so I have ordered glue and already have the under suit, boots, gloves, and other accessories from trooperbay, so I've kinda got a lot invested already. Not sure if I want to try to tackle the work to get it passable, after buying a new helmet at least, and although I'd only be able to get level 2,I know its possible.

Or if I want to try to sell it for a bit of a loss, making sure to let the buyer know its not 501st worthy and that its FX. Maybe someone would buy it for a costume party or something. And use that money for a better kit.

Just not sure what to do about it. Like I said I have some quality kits from FAC coming soon so either way I'll be in the 501st.

Edit: decided to bite the bullet and return it to him as soon as it arrives. That way I don't even have to worry about unpacking/repacking.

Edited by darthcashman

Repacking it was an utter swine.  It's very tightly packed in a small box (probably what caused the backpiece to crack in the first place, so I think you are doing the right thing by not opening it at all.

Sorry you got caught too  :angry: