TK vs. KW helmet

I remember there being some. Myself am in the camp that a standard TK helmet is just to big, even a small one like a T/MC helmet

03C9D5E9-E15D-4D9D-96EB-52E3F64B305F_zpsdqvyr1fw.thumb.jpg.6c19829e4fad7d3c415a14c46b82f6e8.jpg

I dont know of any smaller ones that are up to par with 501st standards but if there is, I would love to know!

That is my only concern over the use of a standard TK helmet with this costume

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

It's not our decision to make. But I would assume the LMO will require the KW helmet for the legacy armour.

I say it's not our decision is because Jes doesn't belong at FISD. Why is that, you say? Because when we had the discussion, I required the costume to include a helmet, just like the TK. And that resulted in them making Jes a "No Detachment Affiliation" costume. So asking for a helmet to be worn when in costume seems to be too much, even these days.

"No Detachment Affiliation"?!?

When did that happen?

I thought it was definitely going to be an FISD Costume w/ or w/o the helmet.

Weren't folks saying here that it should be here?

:(

- Berbs

Checking back on my emails, the first email was sent to me on Oct 17 and the "NDA" status was the original idea of the LMO, so nothing really changed. I had my say of course, as I mentioned before, but it ended up as the original suggestion coming from the LMO.

I think many simply assumed it to end up as an FISD character, but it is also an EU character, which is why the DL of Flagship Eclipse was also part of the discussion. Either way it's an approved costume now. Just not officially a part of FISD.

• Like 1

... Come to think of it, isn't it only approvable WITH the Bucket?
:D

How could they NOT make it part of the FISD? (well, you make a good point about EU)

But, you're absolutely right! It IS approved!!

:D

- Berbs

Edited by Berbs42

Not yet :) We'll see what happens in 2015.

-Eric

Well, I did already say in the conversation with the LMO that FISD would accept Jes. But only with a bucket-on requirement, just as any other character we manage. We don't do "off duty" characters.

• Like 2

So... what if there were two CRL's; like the ANH Hero / Stunt?

Could they be split, with one being NDA and the other FISD?

- Berbs

I don't think Jes should be seen in public without the helmet, period. The whole of 501st doesn't do "off duty" characters, not just FISD.

I'm just surprised that they accepted the helmet, wich was sculpted after the GG statue, while demanding another backplate, because it didnt look like the comics... What is the LMO smoking, and where can I get some??

• Like 2

Personally, I think Jes should be treated like any other 501st face character. She would need red hair/wig if trooping without the helmet, and only one should be present at a troop. Thinking like Daala, Isard, etc.

My wife loves trooping with the bucket on (especially when we're doing a parade in the rain, haha!) but she also really enjoys interacting with our young female fans bucket-off... just to show little girls that yes, ladies can do this too!

• Like 2