Is this helmet worth $200?

waynee

Not worth $200 in my opinion.

Fiberglass is heavy for a TK helmet and not accurate. You can get a ATA kit for $140 or so within a week or two and build it yourself or get a well built one with proper lineage for around $250 or so. It will look quite a bit nicer then this one as well, which just looks wrong.

• Like 1

It's actually not a bad helmet. From a basic prop standpoint. The helmet was done in "Hero" fashion, but it has a problem...it is supposed to have only three rank bumps on the ears not 4. If the ears are molded into the sides, that could be a problem unless you alter the helmet back to the "stunt" version.It also has the incorrect neck opening trim. That should be an "S" style trim. Also if you are buying this to troop in, most armor packages come with a helmet unless you specify it NOT to. Unless you want two helmets. Just somethings to think about.

• Like 1

As Steve has correctly pointed out some of the errors in construction, I'd also like to add to his list of errors on the assembly of this helmet.

• Tube Stripe Decals mounted in non accurate position.
  • Chin / Vocoder paint job is not painted correctly.
  • Brow trim is cut incorrectly at the temples.
  • Hovie Tip tusks are not the correct design or color.

As has been suggested before there are better ABS kits out there.  you also might want to contact WALT on here

his helmets are slightly more expensive than an ATA, but in my opinion are just slightly more accurate than an ATA.

• Like 1

the frown is the hero design. the helmet is a HERO design, but it is close.. and yet still fails.

close but no cigar.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

As you're based in the UK, i would try to contact TrooperMaster or RS Props before all these US based makers quoted above. They're the best when it comes to stormtroopers, and even though the helmet will be more expensive, you will almost save the difference with the packaging and postage.

You can reach both via FB, or you can PM Paul aka "Troopermaster" here on the FISD. And RS also has a website available.

Thanks for the nice words vern!!!......this time i do agree with the 5th horseman...grab one from your side...it will work out about the same cost or a touch more

If you want my opinion....................i cant give it...both are great...tm is a great guy to deal with and very helpful..rs guys just the same

Oh heck....just get a FX lid!

As you're based in the UK, i would try to contact TrooperMaster or RS Props before all these US based makers quoted above. They're the best when it comes to stormtroopers, and even though the helmet will be more expensive, you will almost save the difference with the packaging and postage.

You can reach both via FB, or you can PM Paul aka "Troopermaster" here on the FISD. And RS also has a website available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, just joined (previous quote post could be deleted). Is there a guide for newbies? Just reading a few posts around and had a look on the RS Website it's all pretty impressive stuff. Would there be an option for an IC suit. I'm in the UK (Midlands)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...