Helmet electronics and external power supply UPDATED!

Well maybe see if you can find the RAVPower's spec sheet to find out what the minimum Mah is. If there isn't one, you won't need to worry about only 2 usb ports and not need the thumb drive. Speaking of which, which thumb drive do we buy? I see you had to go through 1/2 a dozen to get the right one. 

Good point, your best bet is to contact the mfg technical support and ask them directly. Most do, as a safeguard.

Thumb drive, wish I had an answer for you. I know the older ones were not very efficient. What I need to do is sit down and find a realistic solution. It's not rocket science, finding the right components at a reasonable price is crucial. Until recently I was the only one on here interested this sort of stuff. Time to do some digging.

I was lucky enough to find the same Anker as you for only a few bucks more than the sale yesterday. Let me know if you find the thumb drive/current solution. Is there something I need to do since I will no longer need the amp for the hovi speakers? 

I'm basically copying your exact setup except I have an ICOMM. I own your SHA kit and Hovi Kit that I bought like a month ago so need to convert those to run off the anker. Since the Hovi kit comes with the rechargeable amp/powersupply I just need to know if there's anything special I need to do or just rip it out and proceed with your schematics. 

The amp power supply battery is 7.4v. Good news I just found a voltage regulator. Once it arrives I'll test it and post the results here. Now to find something to replace the dreaded usb drive 

• Like 1

I may have to buy the RAVPower just to see how it functions. Regardless, as tech changes, components getting smaller and more powerful it's a bright future for us, though it would be nice to predict what's coming down the pipe so a universal harness can be made that's interchangeable. 

My new Anker powercore 10000 & 20000 stay on regardless of the power draw. Maybe the minimum power draw issue has been resolved in newer products. I agree!! the options will only get better and smaller. Let me know if the RAV works for you.

Edited by cjdesign

Breathe easy... This is different. 15000. only two usb ports

Ran across a new battery type. Being I got shafted with the Anker purchase I'm gonna try this.

http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-AG-XP-5-USB-Port/dp/B00MYA6OCW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1458680161&sr=8-8&keywords=Antigravity+Batteries

Ran across a new battery type. Being I got shafted with the Anker purchase I'm gonna try this.

http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Batteries-AG-XP-5-USB-Port/dp/B00MYA6OCW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1458680161&sr=8-8&keywords=Antigravity+Batteries

3.3 lbs wow!

And battery jumper cables to boot. that is one serious power cell.

Right!? Power all my electronics and jump start my bike if the need arises haha 

• Like 2

Let us know how that one works. Think I may jump on that used one on ebay. 

I don't like the reviews on that one but I'm interested to see how it turns out. Looking forward to the USB drive fix for the original Anker too. 

I didn't like the reviews either, good news is I won't be using it for anything the reviews are complaining about. Fingers crossed gentlemen.

• Like 1

I was able to purchase a new device on ebay for 88.00. It arrived without a power cord. Obviously not new.

Get this...They guy refunded my money and said I didn't have to return the anker? What? Really? Wow!

So I have a free 1lb paper weight without a power cord. Any pics would help me hunt one down. Thanks in advance Tony.

Edited by cjdesign

I was able to purchase a new device on ebay for 88.00. It arrived without a power cord. Obviously not new.

Get this...They guy refunded my money and said I didn't have to return the anker? What? Really? Wow!

So I have a free 1lb paper weight without a power cord. Any pics would help me hunt one down. Thanks in advance Tony.

Well you're in luck my friend, send me a PM