Helmet electronics and external power supply UPDATED!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi tony, Do you have a part number/link to the single pins used to attached the wire to the back of the female din socket. I didn't realize the sound board came as unfinished parts kit. first time for everything I guess. :o

Edited by cjdesign

Hey, the female DIN socket wires are soldered. Was there another question regarding the sound board itself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hey Tony, the anker power bank you're using has doubled in price and is harder to get. Any other equivalent options?

$92. cheapest on the net, compared to 180.00 elsewhere

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anker-2nd-Gen-20000mAh-4-Port-Aluminum-Portable-External-Battery-Charger-9V-12V-/272153102594?hash=item3f5d96c902:g:DM8AAOSwWTRW1k4V

Edited by cjdesign
  • Like 1

Hey, the female DIN socket wires are soldered. Was there another question regarding the sound board itself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Besides the overwhelming feeling of having to soldering everything on this board.... :huh:

Yes, what is the reasoning behind the voltage regulator and diode? Thanks!

Edited by cjdesign

Hey Tony, the anker power bank you're using has doubled in price and is harder to get. Any other equivalent options?

Holy smokes I better go by a backup. No, none as of yet

Thanks for the link Carl

Besides the overwhelming feeling of having to soldering everything on this board.... :huh:

Yes, what is the reasoning behind the voltage regulator and diode? Thanks!

Regulator was due to the SHA (hearing) is run off the 9v circuit instead of the 5v. The fans run off the the 5v which causes PWM (whining noise) in the hearing unit. 

• Like 1

Regulator was due to the SHA (hearing) is run off the 9v circuit instead of the 5v. The fans run off the the 5v which causes PWM (whining noise) in the hearing unit. 

Thanks!!

Edited by cjdesign

Thanks. That thing was $79 for what felt like forever..well at least since Tony started this thread, then all of a sudden it just jumped up.

Thanks. That thing was $79 for what felt like forever..well at least since Tony started this thread, then all of a sudden it just jumped up.

Better hurry up I just bought one of the three the guy had for sale. I'm kicking myself now for not buying another at $79 a couple months ago.

This is one of my projects coming up. Dang Tony making me spend all my money. There's got to be something equivalent. Maybe an updated model. The headphones Tony uses also went up in price and are discontinued. I ended up buying some nice Bose in-ears. 

What about this: http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B00HFMUBYG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458593744&sr=1-13&keywords=anker+Astro+Pro

The one Tony uses with from $79 to $230! 

Edited by Airborne Trooper

This is one of my projects coming up. Dang Tony making me spend all my money. There's got to be something equivalent. Maybe an updated model. The headphones Tony uses also went up in price and are discontinued. I ended up buying some nice Bose in-ears. 

What about this: http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B00HFMUBYG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458593744&sr=1-13&keywords=anker+Astro+Pro

The one Tony uses with from $79 to $230! 

Dang these things are like gold now. Dreading the day they give up the ghost, or smoke. Any earbuds will do actually.

The battery supply is another issue. The Anker Astro Pro 2 is unique being it can power the 5v and 12v/9v post simultaneously. Unfortunately it's replacement will not from what I understand. BUMMER!

I would love to see more peeps make this, or at least something similar.

Ya, what about the RAVPower 23000mAh? Has 9v/12v as well. Looks like a perfect alternative, considering the ebay auction i posted is sold out.

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B00HFMUBYG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458593744&sr=1-13&keywords=anker+Astro+Pro

Edited by cjdesign

Ya, what about the RAVPower 23000mAh? Has 9v/12v as well. Looks like a perfect alternative, considering the ebay auction i posted is sold out.

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B00HFMUBYG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458593744&sr=1-13&keywords=anker+Astro+Pro

Definitely looks like a viable option, thanks for the support

I found another sale on ebay for $99 free shipping. Don't want to risk buying anything else until someone confirms they can get it to work. This will be a nice spring project to do. Just need Echo to catch up and hit me up about selling me his fans in kit form. 

I may have to buy the RAVPower just to see how it functions. Regardless, as tech changes, components getting smaller and more powerful it's a bright future for us, though it would be nice to predict what's coming down the pipe so a universal harness can be made that's interchangeable. 

Well maybe see if you can find the RAVPower's spec sheet to find out what the minimum Mah is. If there isn't one, you won't need to worry about only 2 usb ports and not need the thumb drive. Speaking of which, which thumb drive do we buy? I see you had to go through 1/2 a dozen to get the right one. 

Also, I already have your SHA and Hovi speaker tips. Is there anything I need to add to in order to convert these from the battery sleds/power amp (SHA) to get this to work with the Anker setup? 

Edited by Airborne Trooper