Helmet electronics and external power supply UPDATED!

Nice work! I unfortunately mis-read that last ebay one posted and ended up getting the 15k 2 port version which I guess I'll just use as a regular everyday charger. BUT... I randomly picked up the correct one on amazon for the original price just yesterday. So now I have to really concentrate and follow Tony's walk-through and try not to burn anything out.

I was able to purchase a new device on ebay for 88.00. It arrived without a power cord. Obviously not new.

Get this...They guy refunded my money and said I didn't have to return the anker? What? Really? Wow!

So I have a free 1lb paper weight without a power cord. Any pics would help me hunt one down. Thanks in advance Tony.

Wow, you're lucky! I just need Echo to catch up and send me a bracket kit with extra switches so I can wire it up. Hopefully while I wait, Tony figures out a better solution than using the USB drive to regulate voltage. This is some cool stuff that's overkill but I never settled for "good enough" in most cases. 

• Like 1

Alright good news so far. I've been running the new antigravity battery power pack for 5hrs straight running a 70mmx30mm .3A fan and charging 2 different cell phones. and have 1/4 battery life remaining. For those of you who know charging cell phones takes an enormous amount of battery draw especially if they're powered on. The kicker is 12v and 5v are ready to go. No power button required. Just plug your devices in and it goes, no mv requirement. Major kudos so far.

For those following this thread hold off on buying any cabling used to run the your power source to the accessories. I'm testing some Cat6e that can handle up to 5amps of current with zero loss over a 4ft cable. Using female extensions to wire into the power pack and helmet electronics we should be able to create a relatively simple and inexpensive harness system, granted internal wiring insulation is sound. We don't want fan modulation noise interfering with any audio devices.

Anyhow... back to work

• Like 1

For those following this thread hold off on buying any cabling used to run the your power source to the accessories. I'm testing some Cat6e that can handle up to 5amps of current with zero loss over a 4ft cable. Using female extensions to wire into the power pack and helmet electronics we should be able to create a relatively simple and inexpensive harness system, granted internal wiring insulation is sound. We don't want fan modulation noise interfering with any audio devices.

Thanks for the update, although it too late for me. I already purchased the din stuff, but would prefer a cat6e any day. Good luck with the test.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I had my Anker purchase refunded? I'll order that one so I can be up to date with your changes. Cat6e will be a cool option as I'm very familiar working with it. The only thing I am concerned about is some of the Amazon reviews said they were sent counterfeit batteries so I will just order straight from the company.  

Alright so here's my new direction so far. There are large 12v leads coming off the battery, the positive has a fuse-able link (not sure what amp it is) which is getting cut off and a inline 5amp fuse will be installed.  I'll be wiring the battery 12v and USB 5v circuits to a cat6e harness, connected to a rj45 female connector. I haven't decided which terminals (out of the 8 available) will carry the battery power but will most likely the outer two wires on each side though I may go with color code. It won't matter inside the jumper cable itself being the wires may run next to each other though insulated. My goal is to avoid having the two different power circuits next to each other at the connector. More to come...

• Like 2

Good news, helmet harness will remain the same except for the mini din female connector will be replace the similar RJ45 female connector illustrated above.  

Good news, helmet harness will remain the same except for the mini din female connector will be replace the similar RJ45 female connector illustrated above.

That'll be like a million times more convenient. I like it already. Looking forward to the final funny papers on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll be like a million times more convenient. I like it already. Looking forward to the final funny papers on this one.

Disclaimer: I've been asked many times to build battery supply systems and here's my reply.

"Most, if not all the batteries I've mentioned are being used in a way they were never intended. Do they work? yes. Is it the best solution, no, but it's something to work with. Point being, though something works doesn't mean it's perfectly safe to use. That said I have no plans on selling anything that I'm not 100% comfortable with. The helmet electronics thread is to inform others of solutions to battery supply issues that plague this hobby. The information discussed is up to interpretation, discussion and and as always, free to use at your own risk. If you lack the electrical knowledge to build a harness system and/or modify existing battery supply equipment I'm sure there's someone here you may be able to commission."

Cheers        

• Like 2

Almost done with my Anovos armor. Mid-section shimming, shin re-do and helmet cleanup are still needed. But I also want to get some unique electronics mods in place. Working on turning the left 4 vertical ab buttons into working on/off switches. Anyone attempted this?918f89e2acabf8964e1301a225e64512.jpg

184f02cc92c1e5117f1b02b1a46d19b9.jpg

936b1d51234140e684cf57afa72c648a.jpg

• Like 1