Helmet electronics and external power supply UPDATED!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya ukswarth I think what you have done is awesome and I'm going to do all this to my helmet, so thanks for posting the list of parts and how to do it.. I'm new to the trooping world and I'm starting to get my armor together. First with the helmet, i ordered a diy standard helmet from originalstormtroops.com

post-22845-142997526791_thumb.jpg Iv got all the parts you have listed and I'm getting started. Could you tell me what kind of diode you have used on the hearing aid just so I can add it.... Once again Awesome work dude !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just need the specifications and you should be able to buy them from a electronics store in your country. 

DIODE 1N5349B DIODE ZENER 12V 5W AXIAL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That really looks amazing. I wonder if all these electronics could be enhanced with a Raspberry Pi. So the ideal setup would be the EAS, Hovi Mic speakers, integrated mic and the Anker battery. With the Raspberry you could do all the stuff the MP3-Player does plus other things: The fans could be temperature controlled, you can install the Raspberry camera module between the teeth from the inside to make photos and videos. There is even an Amp-Module so all functionalitys of the RomFX module could be emulated by the Raspberry. You could use a WiFi/GSM-Modul for Video-Live-Streaming and maybe a Voicechat-Client. With the GPS-Module you can publish your location. And to control all this you could integrate a touchscreen in the arm parts.

Endless possibilities ...

• Like 2

That really looks amazing. I wonder if all these electronics could be enhanced with a Raspberry Pi. So the ideal setup would be the EAS, Hovi Mic speakers, integrated mic and the Anker battery. With the Raspberry you could do all the stuff the MP3-Player does plus other things: The fans could be temperature controlled, you can install the Raspberry camera module between the teeth from the inside to make photos and videos. There is even an Amp-Module so all functionalitys of the RomFX module could be emulated by the Raspberry. You could use a WiFi/GSM-Modul for Video-Live-Streaming and maybe a Voicechat-Client. With the GPS-Module you can publish your location. And to control all this you could integrate a touchscreen in the arm parts.

Endless possibilities ...

That is an excellent idea Sebastian. Surprised I didn't think of that being I build high end gaming rigs for people. DOE! 

Looks like Mr ukswath might begin a new project haha hint hint !!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predict generation 4 helmet electronic are just around the corner. :laugh1: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...