DH-17 question

Robo Tarot

I know it's a bit odd posting here, but I'm having no luck on the Jolly Roger side of things. Also, weapon knowledge seems to be all encompassing, (not just limited to E-11's and whatnot) so I figured I would pick a brain or two here!

I'm looking for a DH-17 blaster to purchase or build for a TIE pilot friend in the legion, but am realizing I may be able to mod a toy blaster if need be. Problem is that the only ones I can find now are Nerf versions... for over $50... made a couple of years ago. Is this correct?

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. I realize that I'm looking to buy something, but wasn't sure if my question about altering and building a blaster had a fit here!

A photo of a DH-17:

dvd_dh17blaster01.jpg

Edited by Robo Tarot

The Hasbro Nerf DH-17 looks very similar to the screen used blasters (compared to other toy blasters) and doesn't require a lot of  modding unless you want to make it 1:1. Basically, all you need to do is cut off the dart holders on the right side, sand down all the logos, cut the cocking handle and add a d-ring, and paint it. Here's a good picture tutorial on how to do a simple conversion of the blaster and this thread is pretty good at showing the differences between the Hasbro and Master Replicas 1:1 scale blaster. 

• 5 years later...