Tie fighter helmet build

Bonnox

From personal experience, they are not much of any help...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Really?!  That's too bad.  Why can't every detachment be like the good 'ol FISD?  :duim:

Really?! That's too bad. Why can't every detachment be like the good 'ol FISD? :duim:

Clonetrooper detachment and Imperial Officer Corps are top notch, like the FISD.

Have you tried asking your helmet kit vendor if they have any detailed instructions? I know DA has them.

I also know there are tons of detailed WIP Tie Fighter Helmets building threads on the Jolly Roger Squadron Forum. Just register and look under the Tie Fighter Helmet Section. Here are a few:

http://www.jrs501st.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9305

http://www.jrs501st.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9086

http://www.jrs501st.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4619

Best of luck.

Really?!  That's too bad.  Why can't every detachment be like the good 'ol FISD?  :duim:

Clonetrooper detachment and Imperial Officer Corps are top notch, like the FISD.

Because the IOC DL is a badass TK and the XO founded FISD. The XO of CTN is also a TK. So maybe that's why?

-Eric

• Like 1

it's a numbers game

It is definitely a numbers game. They just don't have as many committed members. I can imagine the ratio is pretty close to the "White Zone" but it still leads to many un-answered questions and lots of waiting for that helpful member to finally log on. Blackwatch is a ton of help. If Vern's help doesn't satisfy or if you have other questions pm him and he will surely get back to you with answers. Good luck Pilot!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I have a PDF showing in detail how to assemble one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxg5723bhg9mhkz/Helmet%20tutorial.pdf?dl=0

andy did it.

Apologies for the thread resurrection but I could kiss you right now  :D

Having successfully built the TK, TB and TS this is the one I'm dreading.

Yea gotta echo that the Rogers board is pretty useless. been posting there for a while. Or at least trying. Even did the 501'st registratin to hopefully get full acces to the site.. Still no luck. Now i have a finished Tie and am about to submit it for approval. Wonder if i'll get access there.

Yes i know i was working on a TK but got a smoking deal on the Tie armor helmet and box so going for the quick cirt so i have some armor. I love my ID but who we kidding Armor gets all the love at troops hehe. And the TK is takeing me a lot longer than i expected hehe

• Like 1

Yea gotta echo that the Rogers board is pretty useless. been posting there for a while. Or at least trying. Even did the 501'st registratin to hopefully get full acces to the site.. Still no luck. Now i have a finished Tie and am about to submit it for approval. Wonder if i'll get access there.

Yes i know i was working on a TK but got a smoking deal on the Tie armor helmet and box so going for the quick cirt so i have some armor. I love my ID but who we kidding Armor gets all the love at troops hehe. And the TK is takeing me a lot longer than i expected hehe

It's an addictive thing.  I built the TK, finished other halfs TB with him and daughters snowy and got to the thumb twiddling stage.

I've always liked Tie but it wasn't until spending time in a TK that I realised the luxury of being able to sit (something husband and daughter have with their TS and TB).  I figured just one more little build wouldn't hurt and here I am waiting for a box to come in the post again  :)

Added to this I figured if I have to cross London next summer on the Tube for the celebration it's a hell of a lot comfier in a Tie than a TK  ;)

• Like 1

If I may suggest, post your build threads on the JRS forum and help others who may need it.  I will when I build mine.  Pass on the help received here.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 8/26/2015 at 5:43 AM, Jane said:

Apologies for the thread resurrection but I could kiss you right now  :D

Having successfully built the TK, TB and TS this is the one I'm dreading.

And four years later I'll say thanks, too! That PDF helps, even now. There are plenty of videos available these days but all of the builders are missing one very important tool; LIGHT! Dark foreground and black plastic don't give much detail.