help with Sniper Knee plate

TK Rome

What's the best way to go about attaching a sniper knee plate? I've tried glue and rivets but because of the funky shape of my knee plate (I think it might have slipped off the mold during casting) it won't fit my shin correctly and is lopsided. But I'm determined to get this thing on! Any clues on how to attach it and keep it from digging into my knee??

Glue and a lot of clamps is the way to go. Let it cure for a day or two after clamping it into submission. Who made your armor?

Post a few photos of it and we may be able to make more recommendations.

A little bit of foam behind the sniper knee at the top of the shin will stop it from digging in.

Rivets are inadvisable from an accuracy standpoint. 

-Eric

• Like 1

to Eric you listen! Very few if any sniper plates just slide into position. Almost all that I have seen need extensive clamping and some even need to be heated to fit right. Hey...has anyone done that yet??? Put the whole sniper in a hot water bath??

I started by glueing the middle part and clamped the heck out of it and then struggled with the sides and clamped the crap out of the sides.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I had a tough time with my AP sniper plate. After looking at many other members builds to make sure I got it right, I used zap a gap glue...that stuff is strong and dries really fast so you have to be careful.

Edited by Snaps

Snaps: yeah I figured just zap it. I gorilla glued it but I did it wrong and the top was digging into me just above my knee and after a few steps it just popped off. Sithlord: I did a fair bit of swearing. I said things within earshot of my nephew and i spent a week trying to get him to stop. Polartrooper: I find after a few hours of yelling at my armor, some fireball whiskey soothes the throat and keeps the cold at bay.