My first build. RS Armor

Now that I figured out how to post pics I thought I show what I've been doing so far. I bought an unassembled RS kit locally from a member via the boards here. So glad I joined. Here is a pic of the kit.

1D65A4D1-05A0-4016-8F29-4C02EE69A80D_zps

So after all my research and discussing the build with people I decided to start at the forearms. That first cut is the most nervous. And having to study what half goes to what it's quite a headache. Once I got into it it all fell together. I finished the forearms in one evening and I'm so stoked. See, I'm smiling. (I know the shirt isn't to specs with the green stitching)

76AAFB58-22F5-4A39-8303-EE2F58D97174_zps

Since then I've finished the biceps, shoulder bells, and both shins. The pic here only shows my left shin but I completed the right one last night. I velcroed some foam in the front knee of the shin to help with some contact with the plastic to my knee.

9B272511-04F9-4237-B825-57AAD37B474A_zps

I hope to start on the thighs tonight. More pics to follow.

Thanks guys. It's been really fun so far. I finished the left thigh last night. This was one of the most difficult to fit since there is so much leeway to the top and bottom sizing. Also making the back strip run the direction I wanted it to go. I tried the best to make it run parallel with the front strip. Another reason it was difficult was the length of the strip and using CA glue I really had to plan my moves out and go quickly. I'm pretty happy with the results.

C2C0EBD6-5B4E-4392-9661-C1D669429C15_zps

BEFFAA8D-3F59-4481-A004-6B82B868F1B3_zps

I find the PVC to be pretty solid. I've bent parts pretty far to break the scoring and it only snaps where I cut. I've heard the PVC can be more durable and it is a brighter white than ABS. The purists tend to go ABS for the more off white shade but I wanted originality along with a new shine so it works for me.

I have stormtrooper legs! The legs are done minus the ammo packs. Everything fits great! I'd have pics but my wife was passed out so no one could take one for me. Hopefully tomorrow. Now I need a garter to hold up the thighs. I'm thinking of buying one via someone here on the boards but might make my own instead. Not sure yet. I'm really starting to study the torso stuff. I think I'm going to use the screen accurate harware that came with the kit. I just have to lay it out and figure out what is what. I've got a good idea so far. I'm figuring you start from the shoulders and work your way down.

Legs minus the ammo packs are done with a self made garter belt. I have to say it's pretty comfy. I think I'm going to chop the backs of the knees out a bit so I have better movement. The picture in the ANH requirements shows them cut out so I think I will do it to match.

C97D6BF7-7F82-44CD-81A3-16631D635435_zps

Remember when working on the proper location for the hardware on the ab, the dimples are SUGGESTED placements. Make sure you have them placed properly for YOUR build.

You have done a bang up job so far!!!! Excellent work!

• Like 1

Thanks. I am hoping to keep it clean throughout the build. A couple spots where I got some ca glue on my fingers and touched but I plan to buff them off.

I took a break from armor the last couple days since my E-11 blaster parts came in. Here is my progress so far.

2441C77C-1841-492A-8960-D06304CA57EB_zps

F6821940-0BAD-45AC-BD44-013329669460_zps

I like your style, no muss no fuss, just fast progress! The blaster looks very good.

If you need t-tracks for it, i'd recommand these:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29188-new-t-track/

• Like 1

Thanks again. Everything is going quick and smooth. I got all the torso pieces trimmed. It really helped to go off of someone's completed armor. Now I just need to sew up some elastic loops for the clips and install them so I can put front and back together.

I seem to be missing one T track for my blaster. I'm not sure if they only sent me one or I misplaced it. Are there any sellers willing to sell just one?

I was going to ask the same question Brian. Assuming it's a doopys, but the pipe is definitely different. Looks good.

And I'm sure sellers with part with 1 track at a time. I only bought 2 from Marv when I got mine as I already had some from a mates build. However, I'd make sure you get the same maker as they're all different.