A little help getting started ^_^

Hello! :)

My name is Kevin, I am 20 years old, and I live in Denmark :) I have been following the amazing work of the 501st for more than a year now, and I would very much like to join the legion and do my part for charity! :D

I have absolutely no experience with creating costumes, but I feel like I would get the most joy out of making the costume myself, even though my hands are usually shaking ^_^ I do not have the experience required (Nor the equipment) to make molds and whatnot. I found and read this post, which I found quite helpful to a certain extend:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I am very much in doubt about which kit would suit my height the most (Since there seem to be some differences between them on that part), so I hope you can guide me on that one :) I am quite slim, and I am only  about 173 centimeters tall, but that is hopefully not too short to become a Stormtrooper ;) Which kit would you recommend for that height?

I should also mention that my goal is to get an as movie accurate ESB costume as possible, well knowing that this will cost a lot of time and money to acheive :D

Best regards

Kevin ^_^

Hello! :)

My name is Kevin, I am 20 years old, and I live in Denmark :) I have been following the amazing work of the 501st for more than a year now, and I would very much like to join the legion and do my part for charity! :D

I have absolutely no experience with creating costumes, but I feel like I would get the most joy out of making the costume myself, even though my hands are usually shaking ^_^ I do not have the experience required (Nor the equipment) to make molds and whatnot. I found and read this post, which I found quite helpful to a certain extend:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I am very much in doubt about which kit would suit my height the most (Since there seem to be some differences between them on that part), so I hope you can guide me on that one :) I am quite slim, and I am only  about 173 centimeters tall, but that is hopefully not too short to become a Stormtrooper ;) Which kit would you recommend for that height?

I should also mention that my goal is to get an as movie accurate ESB costume as possible, well knowing that this will cost a lot of time and money to acheive :D

Best regards

Kevin ^_^

At your size, almost any kit will work for you, so it comes down to researching the different suits, and their prices.

However, for your size, I would generally stay away from AM, RT and FX armors. FX is old and inaccurate, and the AM and RT are geared towards larger troopers. RS has a few pieces like the kidney which are a bit wide as well, but can be heat shaped to form the body a little better.

Hi Kevin,

in case it helps: I am 175 cm tall and chose the armor from Troopermaster in the UK.

If you click on "ANH Stunt TM" in my signature below, you can see how that looks on page 2 (need to scroll down).

Have fun.

Edited by T-Jay

I know AP would fit you well if you are slim, you have the correct shape.  I'm at  180cm and 180-185 lb, and I had to shim the sides a bit.

Oh, and welcome !

Edited by Spycee

Welcome Kevin! Check out Adam's Expert Infantry thread if you haven't already http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27490-tk-24336-requesting-esb-eib-status-mtk405/

He's about your size (as I am) and did great work with making his ESB armor from MTK.

Good luck on your decision and future journey.

Hi Kevin, I have an AP kit my waist is 32" so I did not need the shim the sides it fits me like a glove and Mark who owns AP is awesome to deal with.

Good luck on your quest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for all of your replies! :) I think I might go with AP :D

Not sure if I should buy it "ready to wear/modify" or not.. Although I would love to make it from scratch, I am really worried about messing it up, especially since my hands shake, so doing small details will be quite the struggle for me, since it would be quite expensive to go and buy a new kit if I screw it up too much :/

Check out ata as well. Very affordable, i got mine a while ago and i am still building it. I am really bad in building stuff but even i got it to the point where i am satisfied! Build it by yourself!!!!

I am 179cm/180cm and it fits pretty good so far. My buddy is a little shorter and i think if we build it for him it would look even better with his bodysize than it does on me. He is pretty much your height so i can totally recommend ata. There is a long wait but i think it's the most "bang for the buck"...!

Keep on reading and check out all the build threads :)

Edited by ex507