Pic taken with TK at Disneyland - let the critiques begin!

maxsteele

You should have slapped a FISD sticker on the back of him so people would run here first to find out what a real stormtrooper replica armor looks like.  There are many many people who see this at Disney World or Land every day and think that this is the way its supposed to look.  Those same people get sucked into JediRobe probably.  What was your conversation like Ron?

Yeah...  Clearly not accurate, clearly altered to allow them to do their dances, etc.

Definitely interested in the possible conversation that (might have) taken place.

You should have slapped a FISD sticker on the back of him so people would run here first to find out what a real stormtrooper replica armor looks like.  There are many many people who see this at Disney World or Land every day and think that this is the way its supposed to look.  Those same people get sucked into JediRobe probably.  What was your conversation like Ron?

The troopers at Disneyland are mute.  You only get hand signals from them.  They're constantly on the move also, so you have to chase them down to get a pic with them.

The button box is upside down for crying out loud lol

The suits at Disneyland are supposed to be ROTJ.  The button box is the correct orientation, although the buttons are much too wide.

Of course, if they're supposed to be ROTJ, the frown should be painted black.  They do have the "lip" around the chest and back plates though.  Those shoulders are way too far away from the shoulder plastic.  The rivets on the shoulder plastic were what my eyes were always drawn to.

• Like 1

Actually that's the accurate way to do it:

15844009521_741885067f_c.jpg

So it is!  We need a CRL change for ROTJ EIB / Centurion!

Shoulder Straps

For 501st approval:

• These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive. 
For level two certification (if applicable):

• No visible rivets are allowed.
  • Shoulder straps shall not have a flat end at the ends of them. They shall be ribbed 100%.
For level three certification (if applicable): 

• These shall be affixed in the front (no snaps, rivets or brads shall be visible).
  • These shall be affixed in the back (no snaps, rivets or brads shall be visible).

• 1 month later...

I am thinking that these poor souls have absolutely no clue, and simply get paid 8 bucks an hour to "put on a costume" that who knows how many other people have worn. I mean, geez, even as a newb I can see that it fits like cheap ebay armor! Disney needs to step it up, otherwise they will be put to shame during Star Wars weekends!

We get to talk to many of these guys during Star Wars Weekend in Orlando.  Those suits are designed specifically with movement in mind.  They have to be able to move around freely and do some things we would never do (like dance.)

I will also say this, be careful with the "critiques."  The mouse has ears, big ears.

The suits that Disney and Marvel tour with are generally not ever close to the level we put into ours. Like Eric said above, they are created with movement in mind, but even beyond that, it is about budget, weight durability as well.

The Marvel IronMan Tour suit is horrendous as well. It's a really badly proportioned and designed plastic suit. It's injection molded I'm sure and is tough as any plastic toy, so is great for touring. I'm sure the same is true with that ROTJ kinda Rubies suit.

It is why they engage us for their special events.

Pictures like that just make me sad knowing Disney owns the franchise :(

Honestly, I have no issues with them owning it... but this... idk.... meh :/

• Like 1

Agree with everything that's been said, but I would never try and dance in my screen accurateTM armour*, and there is definitely a place that needs to be filled with silly dancing like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5WqRnFejI or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUS3xAAfZCc

stuff like that is doing a lot for the Star Wars brand and for the 501st.

:)

*unless ordered to by the Emperor

Edited by zebedee