Bat Trooper possibly in the works

RichTrooper

So i've been brain storming for ages now about putting together a cross breed, Batman & Stormie

I've been on Evilbay and bagged myself a bargain set of armour to modify  

I've coloured in a mock up drawing (that I'm trying to upload but can't for the life of me get it on here as the file says it's too big, help?)

It's going to be patchy with greys and blacks to mimic the different areas of armour Batman has

I now just want to gauge peolpes thoughts about how it should look and what elements would be important to it?

Any help would be greatly received ^_^

Importantly though is do I bin the bucket and go for the cowl....and where the heck am I going to get a cape big enough from?

Cheers in advance my intellectual, idea filled buddies :duim:

In my opinion, you need to have the bucket, as that is the part that screams "stormtrooper".

Otherwise the armor could be mistaken as a kind of average"alternate" bat armor.

Swap the stormy ears for Batmans' and you are good to go.

For the cape, go to the bay and look for pleather, but the thin one, not the one used for furniture. There is a difference ...

• 6 months later...

You will need to use Photobucket, or another hosting site to post pics, Richard.  I did a full latex (32 pounds) Batman for a Halloween cruise with some friends several years ago..  8 months and $1700. to build, and I wore it for 2 hours.  Lost 9 pounds.  Wife made me put it on ebay the day we got back.  

You might want to think about painting the armor black, like a Shadow trooper, and attach some "bat ears" to the bucket.  Can't wait to see pics of this!!!!

IMG_0348_zps5upvafyq.jpg

It's a work in progress and also my 1st real build so I'm being cautious!

Already sprayed most of the armour black but I'm looking for the right red to highlight the cover strips and also match the lightsaber I have (not going for a blaster)

Managed to get some shin guards instead of the normal armour as I want to move freely

Where did you get the bat cloak from? I've been looking around but nothing has really taken my fancy. Also toying with a sleeveless sith robe but again, nothing really doing it for me!

I'll check out photobucket now...

Got the cape from ebay, and like Bone said, it was "pleather".  Only weighed about 4 pounds.  Something else I was thinking about... Perhaps you could cut out some small fin shapes and attach them to your forearms, like the ones that came on my gauntlets, (see pic).

Got the cape from ebay, and like Bone said, it was "pleather". Only weighed about 4 pounds. Something else I was thinking about... Perhaps you could cut out some small fin shapes and attach them to your forearms, like the ones that came on my gauntlets, (see pic).

Any chance you still got the link for the Cape? All I can find is small squares of it :-/

Edited by RichTrooper

It has been quite a while, but I got it on ebay.  It wasn't cheap, though.. I remember paying about $180.00 for it, but it look sooo much better than the cloth ones.  

The gauntlets look AWESOME!!!!  Another thought...   Since Batman always has a buckle on his utility belt, maybe you could make one with a TK helmet in the center, and the Batman wings on the side.  Damn, I can't wait to see this complete!

It's been suggested I go for a dark gold to colour the belt but I'm thinking either alternative red "boxes" on the belt or I have mini bat symbols, about 2-3 inches across, and put one of those on there?

I like the idea of a trooper head, that could work! It's the mounting of it though. It'd have stand proud of the belt because of the "boxes" hmmmm, thinking caps on for that one......

I've also brought knee pads instead of using the normal trooper calf pieces but I'm not sure, it'll make it easier to walk but I'm not sure. I'll post up a pic (almost ready to strap it together, will put up on dummy first) let know

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the positive feed back ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ˜Š

Had a little test fit this evening

Pics are a little blurry but you'll see the idea

Still umming and arring over another colour, I'd like too but I'm just not brave enough to try it!

Plus I'm

Sort of looking at staying with the red because of the whole Sith thing with the blade etc. but who knows, maybe on my next one?.....

Also still got the Cape to sort out. I've got someone looking into it (someone I found on the RPF) apart from that it's just tweaks now

I'm thinking turtletrooper if this works out. Going too far? Maybe.......

Edited by RichTrooper

• 2 weeks later...

Go to www.runboard.com and look for the Brotherhood of the Bat board. Lots of good information there. Like FISD for troopers.

Do a search for a 6 panel cape pattern and buy some black pleather. I had one I made and wore for years. But sold it to a fan film director.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by DroidHunter

That looks perfect! Don't suppose you remember where you got it from?

I'm waiting on a response for one from someone I found on therpf.com for a custom build and I've also got someone willing to give me their Vader robes (their upgrading theirs) I'm just not sure which way to go