TK76626 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM][430]

James Roman

TK76626 (76626 is Roman on a telephone keypad)

Star Garrison -- North Texas Squad

Mandatory Information

Armor Maker = AM

Helmet Maker = AM

Blaster Type = Hasbro/Doopy Doo Modified (Replaced barrel, trigger, trigger guard)

Optional

Height = 6.1â€

Weight = 235 lbs

Boots Maker = Bass Amsterdam painted white

Canvas belt = Homemade

Hand Plates Type = AM (abs)

Electronics = Helmet Fan

Neck Seal Type = Homemade

Holster Maker = Homemade

Pictures

Full Body

Front - Arms at Side

EIB-FullBody-Front_zps2ca6e12e.jpg 

Back – Arms at side 

EIB-FullBody-Back_zps96d47197.jpg

Left – Arm raised 

EIB-FullBody-LeftSide_zpse56e427c.jpg

Right – Arm raised 

EIB-FullBody-RightSide_zps613b7635.jpg

Right Side Detail – Arm raised 

EIB-FullBody-RightSideDetail_zpse2ab07bc

Left Side Detail – Arm raised

EIB-FullBody-LeftSideDetail_zps598aea64.

Armor Details 

Abdomen Details 

EIB-Armor-AbdomenDetail_zps8a224142.jpg

Action Shot 

EIB-Armor-ActionShot_zps7de25f56.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment 

EIB-Armor-CodButtAttachment_zps801314c2.

Interior Strapping

EIB-Armor-InteriorStrapping_zps5193f4ab.

Helmet Details 

Front 

EIB-Helmet-Front_zpsf1b1d11b.jpg

Side 

EIB-Helmet-SideRight_zps99a067c2.jpg

EIB-Helmet-SideLeft_zps2a638f27.jpg

Back 

EIB-Helmet-Back_zpse3aa3894.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail 

EIB-Helmet-HoviTipDetail_zps8d089c44.jpg

Lens Color

EIB-Helmet-LensColor_zpsed5c2a45.jpg

Blaster Details 

Blaster – Left 

EIB-Blaster-Left_zps7c03f0ae.jpg

Blaster – Right

EIB-Blaster-Right_zps58b2d9a3.jpg

Accessory Details 

Neck Seal 

EIB-Accessory-NeckSeal_zps8538087c.jpg

Thermal Detonator – Back 

EIB-Accessory-ThermalDetonator_zps416639

Holster Attachment

EIB-Accessory-HolsterAttachment_zps8be77

Thank you for your consideration.  I'm looking forward to the feedback and any opportunity to improve.

Looks good, James!!!

Only little thing I'd say to look at changing for accuracy's sake - nobody will ever see it while you're in armor - is to get flat-tipped screws for your TD instead of Phillips.

Should be quick and painless!! Good luck, Star brother!! ;)

Looks good, James!!!

Only little thing I'd say to look at changing for accuracy's sake - nobody will ever see it while you're in armor - is to get flat-tipped screws for your TD instead of Phillips.

Should be quick and painless!! Good luck, Star brother!! ;)

Thank Tim, I've been on the lookout for some but so far no luck.

• Like 1

I want to aplologize for my short absence. It is that time of year that I am commissioned to build several Christmas gifts and I was hit with two that were both complicated and short of time. I have reached the point where I can get back to business. Sorry for delay again, troopers!

Mr. James! Thank you for your application for EIB! I want to add a comment for you newer troopers. Jim's armor is a perfect example of finding the correct armor that works for your size. Jim is in the category of a "larger trooper". At 6'1" and 235, I certainly wouldn't mess with this enforcer! But his research led him to AM and it was a great choice. The armor is a wonderful fit for his frame! Well done, Sir! So let's look at your kit a little closer!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. Nice work!

Your armor contains all necessary elements for EIB. That saying, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assmembly: This section is for suggestions to be made by myself and your fellow troopers that go towards improving the overall look of your armor. Unless specifically stated, these suggestions will have no affect on any application.

You did a very nice job on your build. It was well thought out and executed. Again, the fit is great for you as well! There was not a lot to add in this section which is always a good thing!!

I did want to mention a comfort suggestion. There seems to be a lot of return edge at the top of your forearms. I just wonder if this cuts into your arms at all and/or restricts your movement. You can remove some or all of this if it is uncomfortable in any way. Also, there is nothing removed on your left forearm at the inner portion of your elbow. This can also be scooped out a bit if your movement is at all difficult. If you have no issues here, leave it be.

Congrats on the handpainting of your helmet details. I applaud anyone who challenges this task. Although some lines are a bit choppy, the overall product has good character. Since we are on the subject of your helmet, I wanted to bring up your brow line. Again, this is totally up to you, but why I bring this up is the path of the brow trim itself. In the film, the spacing between the tops of the eyes and the brow trim itself varied greatly as seen here:gallery_12157_11_613593.jpggallery_12157_11_746003.jpg

Although the gap differences were minute, they were different. Which is fine. The path of the brow in relation to the eyes, however, remained constant. It was for the most part level across. On yours I noticed a fairly good drop in the center. I marked the right circle as much lower than the left circle. post-12041-0-98668100-1419184223_thumb.jpg By comparison to the screen used helmet.post-12041-0-80608200-1419184416_thumb.jpg I have run into this situation before and by removing the brow trim and trimming the browline then replacing the trim this can be remedied. If this is something you want to tackle.

Lastly, with a couple neatly placed drops of CA (super) glue, you can hold that mouth screen in place with a little more reliability than tape.

Tim had mentioned replacing the "X" head screws with slotted screws for accuracy sake. But that is also up to you. Very nice thermal detonator by the way!

Centurion Suggestions:

You thoughts towards Centurion were obvious in your build. There are a couple things that will need to be upgraded first.

Your blaster will need to be upgraded to a Sterling based blaster. DVH or Doopy Kits are most commonly used.

You will need to get the latex/flexible hand plates and glue them directly to the back of the gloves

You have been around long enough to know about the chest and back upgrades needed. If you do decide to make these upgrades, make sure the straps that hold your shoulders in place allow them to be pulled up to come close to if not touch the ribbed shoulder bridges.

Congratulations again!!! Your Garrison should be proud to be by your side!

Woot and wooyay.  Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate the insight on the brow line and the screen for the frown.  The return edge for the upper forearm is on my adjustment list; it is by far my most troublesome spot and it bruises my arms every time.  I am looking forward on working towards Centurion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...