paint and cell blocks

Darth Voorhees

Has anyone noticed that the number of the grey paint for the frown of the ANH trooper helmets,the testors brand, number 1138, is the same number of the cell block they were "transfering chewy from" in ANH? after the officer says "where are you taking this ....thing"..luke says "prisoner transfer from cell block one one three eight" weird lol :rolleyes:

i guess that makes it easy to remember huh? :D

I don't find it that odd, personally. *heh* The "11-series" are Testors' ¼-ounce bottles of hobby enamels for model-building. Testors has been around since 1929, and I don't know if George ever built models, but it's entirely possible he subconsciously imprinted on the flow of that particular number. Here's the whole list, because I'm pedantic:

1103 -- Gloss Red

1104 -- Gloss Dark Red

1108 -- Gloss Light Blue

1110 -- Gloss Bright Blue

1111 -- Gloss Dark Blue

1112 -- Gloss Light Yellow

1114 -- Gloss Yellow

1116 -- Gloss Cream

1124 -- Gloss Green

1127 -- Gloss Orange

1133 -- Gloss Light Brown

1134 -- Gloss Purple

1138 -- Gloss Gray

1140 -- Gloss Brown

1141 -- Gloss Wood

1144 -- Gloss Gold

1145 -- Gloss White

1146 -- Gloss Silver

1147 -- Gloss Black

1148 -- Enamel Thinner & Brush Cleaner

1149 -- Flat Black

1150 -- Flat Red

1151 -- Gloss Copper

1152 -- Gloss Metallic Red

1162 -- Flat Sky Blue

1163 -- Flat Battle Gray

1164 -- Flat OD Green

1165 -- Flat Olive Drab

1166 -- Flat Military Brown

1167 -- Flat Tan

1168 -- Flat White

1169 -- Flat Yellow

1170 -- Flat Light Tan

1171 -- Flat Beret Green

1172 -- Flat Sea Blue

1180 -- Flat Steel

1181 -- Flat Aluminum

1182 -- Flat Brass

1183 -- Flat Rubber

1184 -- Flat Zinc Chromate

1185 -- Flat Rust

The missing numbers are from colours that have been discontinued or only exist in other forms. "XX01" for example is "Champagne Gold", which now only exists in the 12-series of 3-ounce spray cans.

Add to that, I agree that the original paint for the Stormtrooper helmets was more likely the darker Humbrol No. 2 "Gloss Ad Grey". Testors No. 1138 looks too light. :)

Now that I've told everyone more about Testors than they probably ever wanted to know, I'm off to go be a wet blanket somewhere else. ;)

--Jonah

There's a controversy among the surround sound guys over the THX thing. Many figured it was taken from THX-1138 but Tomlinson Holman helped Lucas develop the standards for THX certification and says it comes from the Tomlinson Holman Experiment. Either way it makes my theater rock! I love when people see Star Wars again for the first time in my theater! It's worth every penny to see the jaws drop! ;)

I blame the Girl Scouts

Girl Scouts scare me! I try to go into the bank and they are sitting outside with a table full cookies! Might as well just sign over my paycheck!

Well ... when I logged on , I had no idea that I would learn so much information that I'll store away in my meagre brain, and never use again ...

Thanks to you good people , there is no need for me to step outside the house and commune with the common folk today , my day is complete !!!