TK-11721 Requesting ANH-Stunt EIB Status [MC][428]

Due to the fountain of information available here on the boards, I've torn apart and re-glued my build more than I care to admit, but I'm finally able to submit! Thank you for your time and consideration!

Pete Hague

Dewback Ridge Garrison

Armor: MonCal

Helmet: MonCal

Blaster: DVH 2013 resin pipe build

Height: 5’10â€

Weight: 155

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: self-made

Hand Plates: MonCal

Electronics: none (Sometimes I make a “pksht†noise after speaking sentences while in my bucket. That count? J)

Neck Seal: self-made

Holster: TK Bondservnt

EIB-Full-front_zps024c90ba.jpg

EIB-Full-back_zps5ff48891.jpg

EIB-Full-SideRight-down_zpse5baecde.jpg

EIB-Full-SideLeft-down_zps1c642e95.jpg

EIB-Full-SideRight-detail_zps8ebab632.jp

EIB-Full-SideLeft-detail_zps351ee48b.jpg

EIB-AbDetail_zps6c57fea7.jpg

EIB-action_zpsca08c52e.jpg

EIB-ShoulderStraps_zps0db3578b.jpg

EIB-CodAttachment_zpsac1e5767.jpg

EIB-strapping_zpse917ead4.jpg

EIB-Helmet-front_zpsc4f68ff3.jpg

EIB-Helmet-left_zps52311b55.jpg

EIB-Helmet-right_zps681dba32.jpg

EIB-MicTips_zps7558e487.jpg

EIB-Helmet-inside_zpsb84803d3.jpg

EIB-blaster_zps5379ef40.jpg

EIB-NeckSeal_zpsa2440ceb.jpg

EIB-detonator_zps41af2f13.jpg

EIB-belt_zpsab508ed0.jpg

You could move your belt boxes out a little towards the end of the belt. Also abb button colour looks a little off and you could paint the buttons a little larger, grey humbrol no 5, blue humbrol no 14. Good luck with approval

You could move your belt boxes out a little towards the end of the belt. Also abb button colour looks a little off and you could paint the buttons a little larger, grey humbrol no 5, blue humbrol no 14. Good luck with approval

Thanks for the reply! As far as belt boxes go, are you referring to how they sit in the full body pics while I'm wearing the belt or how they are resting while the belt is on the table? If you're referring to the table photo, the boxes can easily slide along the belt to go further outwards. If you're talking about my full body pics, then I may need to think about moving snaps (I "strategically" placed the snaps to keep the boxes from sliding too far outwards).

The ab buttons are painted with the actual Humbrol paints borrowed from another TK in my garrison, so they are definitely accurate colors, but the photo may not be showing that. Painting the ab buttons bigger can definitely be done, if need be!

Looks great Pete! Your armor fits you like a glove, and I don't think I see anything to change in your build. I was only accepted a week or two ago it's good to have more EIB's in our garrison! Good luck!

Looks great Pete! Your armor fits you like a glove, and I don't think I see anything to change in your build. I was only accepted a week or two ago it's good to have more EIB's in our garrison! Good luck!

Thanks, man! And congrats on earning EIB status!

Hello, Pete!!! Usually, I let these applications go for a couple days so other troopers can look your armor over, but I was on and thought...."why not?"

Anyway, thank you for your application for EIB!! We don;t get too many opportunities to see Mon Cal armor and you have done a great job with it!! Let's look at it a bit closer!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. There are two things that will need to be repaired. First, as Rhodie mentioned, your ab buttons can be increased in size slightly but more important are the colors. I have strained my eyes and used two different web browsers to convince myself that those three buttons are NOT black. A clearer picture can easily clear up that they are indeed the french blue. IF they are not, then you fix that when increasing the buttons themselves to the 12 ish MM size. Next is your helmet frown. The teeth on the ANH frown must be painted and NOT exceed the tooth itself. post-12041-0-78550600-1418064598_thumb.jpg

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

You have a really nice, detailed overall build. In this section, suggestions are made that go towards an improvement in the overall look/accuracy of your armor. Nothing suggested here, unless specifically stated, will affect any application. 

With pleasure, I can say that there really isn't much that can be added here! 

Although not a requirement, adding black, slot head screws rather than "X" head or phillips screws can add to the accuracy of your thermal detonator. Nice build on you blaster. You have heavier weathering, but the way you did it is nice and is not excessive looking. I do believe your blaster can benefit from a lower scope rail. Whether the scope rail runs between the rear sight or is attached to the main receiver tube, you can see by these screen shots that the overall height of the rail goes no higher than the center of the rear sight.gallery_12157_11_337652.jpggallery_14191_31_27237.jpggallery_14191_18_258564.jpgs

I think you get the point.

Centurion Suggestions:

I hope at some point to see a Centurion application at some point in your future. There is a little work that will need to be done prior to your application, though.

The two items I mentioned at the top will need to be addressed first. 

You will need to acquire latex/flexible hand plates. You already have the chemical gloves it seems.

For you Centurion photos, please make sure the outer edge of your belt boxes align with the outer edge of your belt.

This next one may take a little work and hopefully you used E6000 to assemble your suit. The cover strips for the butt joint construction are different sizes depending on which part they were applied. On the arms, the strips measured in the neighborhood of 14-16 mm in width, the thigh fronts were in the 20 mm range and the rears can be between 20-25 mm. The strips on your arms seem to be the same size as the ones on your thighs. You are not a bigger trooper that required a wider strip to cover a gap in construction of the two halves so unless the camera angle is playing tricks on me, the strips on your arms are too wide. Either I am seeing things( a pic with your arm cover strips and a measuring tape will confirm/deny this), or there is a need to trim these down a bit. 

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. 

Let us know when you have addressed the top issues and we can move forward with your EIB badge!!!

First, as Rhodie mentioned, your ab buttons can be increased in size slightly but more important are the colors. I have strained my eyes and used two different web browsers to convince myself that those three buttons are NOT black. A clearer picture can easily clear up that they are indeed the french blue.

I will get a hold of a larger size circle stencil and repaint the buttons within the next couple of days! The paints are definitely the correct Humbrol colors, but for the next go-around I'll take a brighter photo to better represent the colors (the bottles of paint may be conveniently placed in the photo as well ;) 

Next is your helmet frown. The teeth on the ANH frown must be painted and NOT exceed the tooth itself.

I'll clean those up ASAP! Is there an easier solution than what I was thinking of doing: attacking at full force with a Q-tip and mineral spirits?

Although not a requirement, adding black, slot head screws rather than "X" head or phillips screws can add to the accuracy of your thermal detonator.

I'm actually ordering a new detonator/clip combo fairly soon! Also, some latex hand plates from Karin are on the list (as soon as weather permits)!

On the arms, the strips measured in the neighborhood of 14-16 mm in width, the thigh fronts were in the 20 mm range and the rears can be between 20-25 mm. The strips on your arms seem to be the same size as the ones on your thighs. 

Hah! Curses, you are definitely correct, sir! Don't know how I missed this... Pulling my armor apart again may prove to be a bit rough to correct this mistake. I'm looking at my biceps and forearms, wondering if my Dremel/sanding skills are good enough to trim the cover strips on the armor. Oh, the dread! Centurion may prove to be more elusive than I thought, but I think I'm bound and determined.

It sounds like a solid plan in place. Mineral spirits is the safest route to take with your frown. Great insight on that!

Take your time and tackle one thing at a time and you will get there! Let us know when you have addressed the first two points and I can get your EIB badge put through!

I know that accuracy is everyone's passion here on the boards, but I am still no less impressed that the size and shade of painted buttons can be assessed with 100% accuracy from a simple photo!

"gmrhodes13", you were absolutely right about size and color. I used Humbrol Midnight Blue #15 (which was also specified along with #14 French Blue as approval worthy) and the size of my buttons were about 40% too small. Incredible! I've since purchased the French Blue and should have new pics up tonight! 

Thank you for helping me here and getting my armor to where it needs to be! Also, thanks to the couple of comments expressing encouragement and kind words!

I believe I've made the changes necessary Expert Infantry in the photos below. I'll wait to hear!

Areas between the teeth on the helmet have be cleared of gray:

EIB-Helmet-front2_zps9ae2b01c.jpg

Ab plate buttons have been enlarged to 12 mm diameters and the blue has been changed to "French Blue":

EIB-AbDetail2_zps640451c1.jpg

Standing and applauding, Pete!! Well done! Those ab buttons are exactly the way they should look. And your frown has been corrected leaving paint on the tooth only. 

Now I can officially congratulate and welcome you to EIB!! 

If you plan on applying for Centurion, make sure that these corrections show up in your pictures on your application. 

Thank you all! I'm super stoked about this and motivated to keep making changes that better my armor build!

Congrats Pete! Are you going for centurion? I think I am but I just need some rubber gloves!

Shooting for Centurion is definitely on the agenda! I'll need to lower the scope rail on my blaster, get some black slotted screws for my detonator, and get some rubber hand plates (which I've ordered). I also need to cut down my cover strips on my upper body (totally dreading that). If you have any trouble finding gloves let me know! They were easy to come by near me.

I have some leftover sets of vinyl stencils I made for repainting my ab buttons the right color (French blue) and size (12mm dia.). I'd be open to paying it forward and mailing out the 3 or 4 sets remaining. PM me with an address and I'll throw them in the mail!

AbButtonStencils_zps790f57aa.jpg

Edit: There are 10 stencils per sheet. But, if you're good, you should only need 9 ;)

Edited by Robo Tarot