Canadian Garrison Roger Christian Induction (Holiday Party)

Clamps

During the Canadian Garrison's annual Holiday Party, we had the distinct pleasure of inducting Academy Award winner Roger Christian, A New Hope's set dresser and 2nd unit director , as an honorary member of the 501st Legion. He was joined by his lovely wife Lina and other family members.

Myself and TK 9418 (Ken) were asked to kit up for the induction ceremony. When we were asked we didn't know what the exact reason, but how could we say no knowing that something awesome was gonna happen.

During his remarks. He asked who the troopers were that attended his wedding as he really wanted to personally thank them. Both Ken and I raised our hands. Buckets came off and hand shakes ensued. Not to mention a few stories from the evening. Check Star Wars Insider issue 145 page 8 for the wedding announcement and couple of photos.

Here are a couple photos of the induction from last night.

8A15934D-12E3-4752-88CE-695F31FC5FFE_zpsrbnmsdxl.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 4

PS: your weirdo FISD XO was FaceTiming into the Holiday Party. Whatever he may tell you he saw is an absolute fabrication of the truth... so yeah NONE of that happened (well most of it anyway).  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2

Nicely done Clamps. I'm sorry (and glad) there are no photos of you in a sport coat.

That was a full suit my friend. Someone had to class that joint up a little bit! Though perhaps the Star Wars Vans were a touch out of place with the suit...

• Like 1

Such an awesome time!  And listening to the man (Roger)  who designed the E-11 was pretty sweet!  A very worthy recipient of the honourary member title.

• Like 2