TK-55239 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [NE][432]

Hi there, I'd like to request EIB status for my NE ANH TK Stunt build.

Thank you for the review- and as others before me I welcome any and all thoughts, suggestions or feedback!

TK-55239

Armor - NE

Helmet - NE

Blaster - Doopy Pipe Build

Height - 5'11"

Weight 187 lbs

Boots - TK boots

Canvas Belt - Trooper Bay

Hand Plates - Trooper Bay

Neck Seal - Trooper Bay

Holster - Trooper Bay

Photos:

0FK816p.jpg

nVRhB4F.jpg

hpvUdgJ.jpg

kZF4YPH.jpg

qeTu7bD.jpg

TfMuBjd.jpg

i2cVckg.jpg

OnMyO40.jpg

xSxQMrd.jpg

bntmAYF.jpg

kHQQSDJ.jpg

sYEgsl6.jpg

hqpVIqP.jpg

10j8b1s.jpg

lKvZxpM.jpg

ApXSSAm.jpg

qtQHecK.jpg

R31JaDm.jpg

ulUZPV4.jpg

sdlLypt.jpg

jQJPBSB.jpg

XExRq9m.jpg

vy8jVdm.jpg

DV2tHYd.jpg

CiVXnHH.jpg

dwMMOdC.jpg

o4pO4JC.jpg

ib7WUYF.jpg

Cwta4QP.jpg

jJR4ct0.jpg

lhi1JHC.jpg

s0QI4AD.jpg

Edited by Pencap510

Armor looks great Ty. Only thing jumping out at me from a looks point of view is the uneven positioning of the thighs. I'm sure that's just how you happened to put them on that day.

However, Steve might pull you up for having no cylinders on the magazine of your blaster.

Good luck!

Great job!  Looks fantastic.  I dont know if the black paint on the screws of the TD is needed for EIB or Cent only, but that's the only thing I see.  Little adjustment of the garter will fix that thigh right up.  

Good catch on the thigh. True story- worked to get that garter perfectly even before the pics were taken. Right before pics were shot- my 7 year old, 2 year old and 3 month old all decided at the same time the world was ending. I spent more time running back and forth solving crisis- than standing still to take pics. At least I know now I'm ready for my first troop this morning!! The thigh was really the only thing that shifted a little ;) nothing else came undone or unsnapped

Looks very good! The only thing I could see to better your fit would be your shoulder bells. They could come in a little closer to shoulder bridges. Also they look big to me. Your last photo confirms it even more that they might need to be trimmed. However, try first suggestion and that might fix it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there Ty!!  

Thank you for your application to EIB. It is a pleasure to look at your armor. You have a solid build and great details! Let's take a look at it!!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. Although your armor contains all required elements, sadly, your blaster does not. Both a Hengstler counter and power cylinders on the mag housing are required. You have the Hengstler but not the cylinders. Pop a set of those on your blaster, post a new pic and the badge is yours!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

We have some very good eyes here in this Detachment. I am proud of you guys! All this help is making the FISD look better and better. This section is to summarize the observations of your fellow troopers and to add mine all towards improving the overall look of your armor. Keep in mind that unless specifically stated, these suggestions will not affect any application.

There was some mention to the broad look of your shoulder bells. ALthough I am a fan of the beefy trooper, it is possible to leave a bit too much on the bells making the suit look out of balance. Although you can leave it as is, I did several side by side comparisons with screen grabs. These comparisons show that you have just a little too much left at the top. The original shoulder bells were not trimmed along a straight line in the front. The were shaped to more follow the contour of the chest. In these shots, you can clearly see the top and bottom edges, but the center is hidden by the raised edge of the chest:

gallery_12157_11_627998.jpggallery_12157_11_799387.jpgNow, take a look at what I have drawn up as a possible cut line if you choose to do it.:post-12041-0-68035900-1418005153_thumb.jpg  If you decided to do this, the strap at the shoulder bridge would need to be shortened but I think this would make things look more balanced.

I agree that your thighs should be worn a bit higher but hey, kids will be kids! Gotta love them!!  I am sure you wear them properly under normal circumstances.  

You can dab a little black paint or marker on your thermal detonator screws if you want. Although not required, it does step up the accuracy.

You have nice details painted on your helmet. The frown were often seen stopping at then continuing just past the 5th tooth indent. Your ends at it. This is also a suggestion. 

Your rear trap lines look a bit wonky. It was clear that when the originals were painted, a straight edge was used at both the top and bottom to keep these vent lines even.post-12041-0-29302900-1418005705_thumb.jpg

This can easily be touched up with some gray over the parts that extend past a straight line.

Centurion Suggestions:

With all the work and details you have put into your armor, I would hope to see a Centurion application from you. 

Your blaster will need those power cylinders.

I would like to see the straps between your drop boxes and belt a bit shorter. 

The last thing is a little trimming on your back plate. You have a LOT of return edge left there under your arm. I marked off a n approximate trim line:post-12041-0-72655200-1418006123_thumb.jpg

A great overall job on your armor. Your Garrison should be proud. Pop on those power cylinders so I can add that badge to your name!!

Thanks you ALL for such awesome feedback the whole way through my build and and the suggestions mentioned above. In my almost 17 months completing this build- I did so with Centurion in mind and I'm glad to know I'm not far away!!

All of the suggestions are simple fixes and I completely agree that they will only add to the screen accuracy of my build.

I've already ordered my power cells- and will have bells, back plate trimming, TD screw paint, and traps finished TODAY!

I'll post the pics as soon as my cells come in- in the meantime- thanks again!

Centurion here I come!

Ty

• 2 weeks later...

Good build !  Here are my comments, even if I'm a bit late :

Maybe I'm a bit picky, but it seems that the edges of many of your armor pieces could be sanded, it's a bit uneven, like in your 5th picture.  If you sand the edges it will not look like it was cut with an x-acto, it will look smoother.  What I did was to sand with 120 (or 200 ?) to even the edge and after I used 400 (and sometimes more than that) to smooth the edge and give it a more rounded feeling.  If you pass your finger on the edge and it's completely smooth, you're good  :-)

I would fill the small holes (bubbles from the molding) on your blaster, it seems to have a lot of them.

Did you use E6000 to glue your thermal detonator ?  If yes you could rub the excess of glue around the central white part.

Just wanted to again thank everyone who pointed me in right direction along the way. When I started this adventure I knew nothing about all the details and just what the differences were between the good the bad and the ugly. It's been awesome- and yet somehow I feel like I'm just starting haha-

• Like 1