First Try HWT Pack

Templar726

I thought you guys might like this. I trooped at Boo at The Zoo in Georgia and the Sandy Backpacks I saw were so awesome I decided to build a pack. But since I just finished my first white armor and was not in a hurry to dirty it up I decided to go HWT. This kit was thrown together with all scrap items: Old heater from Goodwill gutted and LED added, gas detector cases, water bottle, old mic tips and TK decals, Tupperware lid, door frame arm cover, and finally a plunger. The base is two truck tool bed trays flipped over and connected. I have a T-21 coming from Blaster 8266 so hopefully you guys will see me lugging this around soon. I have to say it was a blast to build it.

15700021590_5a5b23c9cc_z.jpg

15861506446_a2238bd032_z.jpg

15861506536_ae6b895147_z.jpg

It is a great looking custom pack.  For approval, however, there are specific guidelines for what the pack is supposed to look like: 

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

Backpack
For 501st approval:
  • Styled after the ANH Sandtrooper packs or a simplified pack as seen in the video game (Battlefront series).
For level two certification (if applicable):
  • Backpack should be lightly scuffed,(battle worn), but not weathered like a Sandtrooper (TD).
For level three certification (if applicable):
  • If an ANH style Sandtrooper pack is used, it shall have the appropriate details for a specific ANH Sandtrooper, which is being referenced, but shall not be weathered like the ANH Sandtrooper, but lightly scuffed,(battle worn).
  • If a game style pack is used, it shall closely match the simplified pack as seen in the video game (Battlefront series), but shall not be weathered like the ANH Sandtrooper, but lightly scuffed,(battle worn).

It will be great to troop with at a non-canon troop though.

Wow! That is an awesome pack. Such detail. Work of art! I think other troopers will be looking at your pack now and want to build one. My favorite part is the old gas heater. Fantastic!

• Like 1

It is a great looking custom pack.  For approval, however, there are specific guidelines for what the pack is supposed to look like: 

Backpack

For 501st approval:

• Styled after the ANH Sandtrooper packs or a simplified pack as seen in the video game (Battlefront series).

• Backpack should be lightly scuffed,(battle worn), but not weathered like a Sandtrooper (TD).

• If an ANH style Sandtrooper pack is used, it shall have the appropriate details for a specific ANH Sandtrooper, which is being referenced, but shall not be weathered like the ANH Sandtrooper, but lightly scuffed,(battle worn).
  • If a game style pack is used, it shall closely match the simplified pack as seen in the video game (Battlefront series), but shall not be weathered like the ANH Sandtrooper, but lightly scuffed,(battle worn).

Thanks sir,

I am planning on building one for approval soon.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, I'm curious to know how much the pack weighs.

It is a little heavy and awkward to get on. I am adjusting the straps this week to have the snaps 3/4 of the way down so I can sit it on the edge of the table and back into it. Once I get it finalized I will get a true weight and some pics of me lugging it around. I did add a Merkury Xplorer outdoor wireless speaker and small MP3 player to the inner compartment to cycle through the trooper wave files when I am wearing it.

Awesome looking to seeing the finished product.

I responded to your thread for a Large Legion patch. Go check it out I may have a link for you to get one.

I realized you were looking for the round patch, I'm looking for the rectangular 14" banner patch. The round ones are available from individuals with extras, the banner patch is all but non existent. :mellow:

Edited by ukswrath

I realized you were looking for the round patch, I'm looking for the rectangular 14" banner patch. The round ones are available from individuals with extras, the banner patch is all but non existent. :mellow:

Oh well. If you happen to find a stash let me know and I will do the same if I find any. This one right?

15856158128_c53a08233f_z.jpg

Yup that's it. I've spoken to many people who have extras but aren't willing to sell them because they're in high demand. What I don't understand why someone hasn't started another run.

I know someone who make patches and I'm still waiting to here back if he can do it. I'll let you know if I hear anything. If you don't mind let me know if you find some.

The pack looks incredible! I too am curious to know how heavy it is. I had a HWT pack that I trooped with and it was only 7 lbs, but after 45 minutes of wearing it, the pain would set in on my shoulders and would be excruciating and I had to get it off.

Did you have padding on your straps?

• 1 month later...

Backpack

For 501st approval:

Sir I took your advice and built a pack that meets the current CRL. I shall be submitting soon. I posted pics in the HWT thread "Pack Completed".