Episode 7 Stormtrooper Helmet, WIP

It is interesting that this topic got a hit recently!

I have it on authority that there is indeed a surprise awaiting a lot of people regarding the helmet.

Roy is currently working on updating and furthering the design we originally posted.

So... stay tuned.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Big news, the next to final design is ready.

This represents everything we currently know about the helmet as well as some additional parts that in time you will find, are exactly like the screen used ones.

EP7-TK_WIP_zpsiipgo3iz.jpg

We do welcome any inputs you have on the design. The goal is to get it as accurate as possible.

• Like 9

Looks great :jc_doublethumbup: have you got a front view? guess i better start saving :P

We do have a full on front view, but are holding it back for just now while we work on some details.

Nice so far! Will these be fibreglass or slush cast resin?

I initially plan on doing them in resin. Based on the first casts I will know if I need to do a fiberglass backing to it to keep the structural integrity.

• 4 weeks later...

...Still anxiously waiting...

Yup as as well!

We want to ensure we have an accurate helmet, so we need some more source material before we can release this into the wild. Our goal is to get it right the first time and not pre-release a helmet that doesn't match the specs and needs to be redone later.

• Like 4

Yes, the screen used helmets and armour are injection moulded. A lot of the props are also printed. There has been a lot of problems with the armour and props due to them not being particularly hard wearing.

Great start to a great project. They are a lot wider than most believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump :D

With the new trailer Roy and I have all of the details we need to finish off the model and get it into prototyping.

Once we're ready for this we will be informing the forums and be running a kick-starter type setup to help foot the cost of this project and give you as the consumers a chance at a lower price for the kit.

Details to come as we get closer to prototyping.

• Like 3