DarthMel's ANH Stunt ATA Build

Hi all! My ATA kit arrived this past Friday, so I wanted to get my WIP thread started. I'll be aiming for Centurion throughout my build, so if you see any mistakes I'm making, or have any advice, please speak up!

So far I have:

ATA armor and helmet kit

TK boots

Karin's rubber hand guards

pipe for the thermal detonator

compression shirt and pants

I also have a hyperfirm e-11 on it's way.

Stop at home depot and get your chemical gloves. Brush up on your painting skills or order the Dave M decals from trooperbay for your helmet. You can get all the paints you need from Trooperbay as well. The humbrols have a very long dry time so if you want to speed that up, you can buy Testors paints from your local hobby store. You will need 1138 gloss gray for your traps, tears, ab buttons and Thermal det. pipe, gloss black for outlines and details, matte black for the Hovi tips and vocoder. Regardless of the dry time, I would still get the Humbrol french blue for the ab buttons. This is also the color of the tube stripes if you want to tackle that.

We will be watching!!!!

I've got a question:

I'm planning on using the bracket system to put my armor together, but was wondering about how it might fit in the future if I were to lose weight since I've been exercising more. If the armor ever gets a little big on me, is it easy to disassemble and trim, or will I not be able to adjust it? Is there a certain glue I should use on the thighs, calves, etc. that would allow me to shrink it later on?

E6000 has long been the recommended adhesive if repairing any of your armor is in your future. In regards to your weight loss....CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome, brother!!!! However, where the brackets are used, weight loss really doesn't come into play. As you overall circumference gets smaller, you will need to trim back your side seams, re-position your left side rivets and cut new kidney notches. Small price to pay for awesomeness. As for your legs, build the fronts to specs (20mm cover strips) the backs can always be made smaller later on. If when you trim them they want to splay open, tie a string around them to compress the opening and give them a boiling water bath. Do a re-fitting, a new cover strip and you are good to go!

• 2 months later...

I'm really sorry it's been so long since my last post. Had a bit of a family emergency here, so I haven't been able to work on my armor at all. I have next week off work, so I'm going to attempt to start it.

I have a question about drop boxes. I've noticed that there have been ATA applications for Centurion that used inner drop boxes from other vendors. My kit has four box pieces that I assumed to be inner and outer drop boxes. Is this incorrect? Or do the ones provided by ATA not pass muster? I just want to know if I need to get a set.

My ATA kit only came with outer drop boxes. I purchased a set of inner drop boxes fro KWDesigns here on FISD, ongoing sales threads. They fit like a glove.

I would trip up your 4 pieces. Check to see if they are all identical, or if 2 of them are actually smaller, so as to fit inside the larger 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Everytime I try to start this project, something seems to come up. Tonight, it was a missing dremel. :-p

It was found eventually, but there wasn't a lot of time before bed, so I only got to cut out the eyes from my bucket. But at least I can say I've officially made my first cut. The eyes still need sanding and might need a little extra taken off. I'll leave with these pictures for your inspection:

image.jpg1_zpsr70frhrm.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsaugcsg61.jpg

• 2 weeks later...