TK_11128 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status[AP][425]

Name : Jason Howard

501St ID : TK11128

Garrison : Terror Australis Garrison

FISD Name : It's_a_troop

Armour : AP

Helmet : AP (combo hand painted and hand painted replica decals)

Boots : TK

Weapon : Hand to Hand Combat Expert / Hasbro conversion as back up

Neck Seal : Veedox

Hand Guards : Sonnenschein

Canvas Belt : Trooperbay

Holster : Trooper Bay / Custom

IMG_0574_zpsed5b948f.jpg

IMG_0579_zps680b7575.jpg

IMG_0588_zps9d4ea403.jpg

IMG_0582_zps83ba56ad.jpg

IMG_0585_zpsc2568fee.jpg

IMG_0589_zpsf46de33f.jpg

IMG_1407_zpsad65cdcf.jpg

IMG_0540_zps8a9edc86.jpg

IMG_0543_zpsc775adab.jpg

IMG_0541_zpsb35ccc18.jpg

IMG_0542_zps4a1748b7.jpg

IMG_0549_zpsca1330c6.jpg

IMG_0546_zps05287f23.jpg

IMG_0520_zpsfd7fd1d1.jpg

IMG_0518_zpsfc7afe13.jpg

IMG_0553_zpsfa9c4d85.jpg

IMG_0552_zps181f1b99.jpg

IMG_0554_zps291b3fed.jpg

IMG_1409_zps3b959323.jpg

IMG_0597_zps90de65e8.jpg

032fed78-8e03-4e87-a29d-29a25da3a721_zps

IMG_0555_zps4c4c7244.jpg

IMG_0562_zpsd7bd10a3.jpg

IMG_0561_zpsc0a59221.jpg

IMG_0560_zps89968007.jpg

IMG_0556_zpsd2ec57cc.jpg

6638d278-f1c9-4f6c-b158-18c6b82f0058_zps

IMG_3284_zps7c6cdb53.jpg

IMG_0539_zps7a786124.jpg

IMG_3710_zps0bff9017.jpg

IMG_3707_zps2f1ed661.jpg

IMG_0527_zps3b1e5d81.jpg

Thank you for your consideration

TK-11128

Edited by It's_a_troop

Looking good, only one suggestion. Can you move your drop boxes so they align with the edge of the ammo belt, yours look like they are sitting in from the edges a little where the angle is cut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your armor looks good Jason! You've got the original strapping working really well, as your chest plate sits very nicely over the top of your ab plate.

Just a few things that I see that might need adjusting:

The top and bottom edges of your belt could be trimmed down to even with the top and bottom edges of the ammo boxes on the belt.

Perhaps tighten up the connecting straps on your shoulder bells, they look like they are pushing up away from your actual shoulders.

See if you can get your undersuit to smooth out a bit, it is clearly bunching up at your elbows.

Just a reminder should you be planning to submit for Centurion, the Hasbro conversion is not approvable for that level, so you'll have to look into an additional/different weapon for that submission.

Good luck!

Edited by Dark CMF

Cheers Tim, I noticed the shoulder straps in this shot sitting up like that. I have other shots that have it sitting better (I thinks it's just the way it's sitting in this pic), but I'll look into it... I'm wanting to put together a DLT 19 for centurion, but I don't know if I'll ever achieve it, as I don't think I can full fill the abs/ kidney plate 'gap' ctrl without shims, but in saying that I've tried to build to centurion controls just to make it as accurate as possible, so I'm happy.

Hey Jason:

Thank you for your application for Expert infantry. I have always loved AP armor and you have a really nice overall build. Well done! So let's look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Again, you have a very nice overall build. Well detailed at fitted. There are a couple points that, unfortunately that do not pertain to your armor,  that need to be addressed before we can move forward with your EIB badge. 

First off as a couple missing pics. The first one is necessary for the EIB archives. It was brought up that although not required for basic approval, a weapon IS required for accuracy badges here. As a result, your action shot needs to have you holding a weapon if it is going to be added to the archives. As you retake that shot, take and post an additional close-up shot of your hovi tips.  

The other point has to do with your Hasbro blaster. Although you have the conversion kit in place and added the extra "T" tracks as required, it is also required to remove the lowest "T" track from the magazine side of the blaster to look like you see here:post-12041-0-06373800-1417712982_thumb.jpg

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

Any suggestions made in this section go towards improving the overall appearance of your armor. Unless specifically stated, these will not affect any application.

I really have nothing to add here. Like I said, you have a very nice, detailed build.  If I was forced to say anything it would be that the outline on your left side ear rank area is a little thick. You NAILED the right side. 

Lastly, a couple strategically placed drops of superglue can help keep your mouth screen in place more securely than blue tape. 

Centurion Suggestions:

If there is a Centurion application in your future, there are a couple things that need to be upgraded before that can happen.

First is the need to upgrade your blaster to a Sterling based pipe build, or Doopy full Kit.

Thank you for posting the pic showing the proper position of your drop boxes. IF you do apply, make sure your full body shots represent your drop boxes positioned with the outer edge aligning with the outer edge of the belt. 

Next are your shoulder bells. They do look a lot better where they are on your latest pictures rather than the earlier ones where they are being pushed up. But in those top pics, it shows that the straps connecting your bells are really long. The shoulder bells should be very close if not touching the ribbed shoulder bridges. A little adjustment to the length of these straps and you are there.

Lastly are your side shims. AP is definitely armor for the exceptionally thin trooper so many who choose AP need to install side shims. I see two things that need repair. Although I can't clearly see your left side, the right side shows that your shim was glued to the inside of the kidney. To greatly improve the look of this, your shim should be trimmed to create a nice butt joint seam with the surface of the kidney then glued from the back so the surface of both the kidney and shim are the same. See this diagram:post-12041-0-58893300-1417713963_thumb.png   Once the shim is in it's proper place, the seam can be filled with ABS paste, sanded and polished smooth. 

The next thing are your left side split rivet locations. You have the rivets on your kidney mounted to the original ab location and not on the shim making the rivets way too far apart. See the before and after pics;

Before:post-12041-0-29083800-1417714497_thumb.jpg

After:post-12041-0-62891100-1417714530_thumb.jpg

Please contact me should you have any questions. With your talents, that blaster repair should take you 30 minutes and with the added pics we can move on to your badge!!!

OK, got a chance to fix the E11, and have added other photos. My mesh is glued on, I used the tape to hold it place and just left it there. I'm about to deck out the helmet interior this week, (I have evilboys helmet fans and helmet new padding) getting it ready for my first troop next weekend. :salute:

Cheers 

Jay

IMG_0527_zps3b1e5d81.jpg

Edited by It's_a_troop