Optional

• Height - 175cm
  • Weight - 76kg
  • Boots - Horseland Jodphurs. Rubber outer
  • Canvas Belt: Trooperbay
  • Hand Plates: painted Trooperbay, on rubber gloves
  • Electronics: n/a
  • Neck Seal: unknown origIn
  • Holster: Obickay (Southern Cross Garrison)

Photos

Front - Arms at Side

6039e113-a725-46fd-a356-abf77f211878_zps

Back - Arms at Side

513396f3-509b-4d42-8bda-3d157f9fceb3_zps

Left - Arm Raised

8821709e-4989-45d1-a216-4fd5812fcce0_zps

Right - Arm Raised

P1020566_zpscdc5e9dd.jpg

Right Side Detail

P1020615_zps36544e1c.jpg

Left Side Detail

P1020616_zps3060c6b0.jpg

Abdomen Details

P1020584_zps75020d77.jpg

Action Shot

P1020569_zps48c732d9.jpg

P1020568_zpsbcd9275c.jpg

Cod & Butt Plate Attachment

P1020578_zps9bc972ae.jpg

P1020577_zps200c79fe.jpg

P1020576_zpsb9450323.jpg

Interior Strapping

P1020575_zps9fad0942.jpg

Helmet Front

P1020599_zps26ca8c4f.jpg

Helmet Back

P1020601_zpsed702c5c.jpg

Helmet Left

P1020600_zps1c0eaaa7.jpg

Helmet Right

P1020602_zps0e3cc104.jpg

Hovi Tip

P1020606_zps35783830.jpg

Lens Colour

P1020604_zps9e805d06.jpg

Blaster Right

P1020665_zpsb5a76d69.jpg

Blaster Left

P1020664_zpsa33b5ad0.jpg

Blaster D-Ring

P1020667_zpsb0eec03e.jpg

Neck Seal

P1020595_zps6001a0dd.jpg

Thermal Detonator

P1020594_zps24d03384.jpg

P1020593_zps54179b56.jpg

Holster Attachment

P1020581_zpsb8f79214.jpg

Thank you for your consideration and any comments/constructive criticism regarding future improvement.

Cheers

Ian

Edit - Post updated with correct blaster

Edited by Sith Lord
  • Like 3

I'm afraid your blaster disqualifies you from EIB at the moment. You will need to do some work on the T-Tracks or maybe wait to have finished your DVH kit. Basically you need to cover that middle row of holes on the right and left sides of the blaster and grind off the lower t-track on the left side and replace it by a row of holes.

E-11 Blaster

For level two certification (if applicable):

• If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.

Also you right side alignment between the kydney and abdominal plates doesn't seem straight. I don't know if this will matter for approval though...

• Like 1

I'm afraid your blaster disqualifies you from EIB at the moment. You will need to do some work on the T-Tracks or maybe wait to have finished your DVH kit. Basically you need to cover that middle row of holes on the right and left sides of the blaster and grind off the lower t-track on the left side and replace it by a row of holes.

There's a lot of 'ifs'' in that paragraph. I took them to be optional depending on how accurate you want an inaccurate toy blaster to be. I've got a totally no frills doopy kit that I could photograph if I needed to, but this Hasbro is my current trooping weapon. I'll probably wait till I finish the DVH kit for centurion though.

I probably breathed in too much and over tightened the belt. Lol!

I've got a totally no frills doopy kit that I could photograph if I needed to, but this Hasbro is my current trooping weapon.

Had a look at the 4 or 5 other EIB's that used Hasbros and they all seemed to do that T-Track/extra hole mod, so I'll admit defeat there :) . Original post updated with Doopy blaster instead. 

Ian... Great to see you submitting!

Armor looks truly great!! Nice job. ;)

The only thing I'll say about the application is that your abdomen details picture isn't showing up.

Looking forward to Centurion, your notches might need to be a little bit larger and more visible in the pictures.

I think you're an easy pass for EIB though!

Edited by Dark CMF

Thanks everyone for the comments.

The only thing I'll say about the application is that your abdomen details picture isn't showing up.

Looking forward to Centurion, your notches might need to be a little bit larger and more visible in the pictures.
I think you're an easy pass for EIB though!

Odd about that Tim. The pic was there before and is there as I type now. Anyone else, let me know if you can't see it.

Yeah, I did the cut out when it was made an EIB requirement. They then ditched it, made it Centurion and increased the size. Haven't touched it since. I will probably need to move my interior strapping by 10mm or so to make that happen...

• Like 1

Ah Tim, my future Expert Infantryman compatriot. One would have thought a EIB holder such as yourself would have checked the checklist http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22604-expert-infantry-application-photo-checklist/ before making a comment such as that.... Perhaps it was more than one ale too many this morning?

Well this has been an interesting ride! I need to commend you and all the troopers that have been making themselves more aware of details that make applications look both proper and awesome all at the same time. This is why I usually wait a couple days to do reviews. I am really glad you chose to add your Doopy blaster and a fine one it is! When it comes down to it, a great application starts with a great set of armor.....something else we have here!! Let's take a look!!!

CRL and EIB Apllication Requirements:

Just to clarify, bucket off pics are only required for basic armor approval with GML's. We don;t need bucket off pics because we already know we are the sexiest looking of all the detachments!! Let's not rub that in, guys! ANYWAY!!!!!!  I am just taking room here because this exceptional build has little to discuss!! You have submitted all required photos and you armor has all elements to qualify for EIB. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: Any suggestions in this section are made towards an overall improvement to the trooper's armor and, unless specifically stated, will not affect any application. 

There isn't a lot to discuss here. You have made an example of what the MTK armor should look like.  Your paintwork is well done. It's all about the details and you nailed it.  There were some mention of a misalignment of your side. That's not going to affect anything. I am glad I don;t have more to discuss.

Centurion Suggestions:

I assume that we will be seeing this application from you. Tim had brought up something regarding your kidney notch.  Perhaps it's just the camera angle that makes your appear a little small, but if you look here:gallery_12157_16_598.jpgThe notch actually goes in a little deeper than you have yours. This one here goes back to just beyond the rivet depth. I think if you just sent in a could more millimeters, it would look a little bigger. I know the MTK kidney doesn't go as far below the ab as the original one did but you work with what you have. 

A Note: Ian had originally applied with a Hasbro blaster with the Doopy upgrades. It was lacking a couple "T" tracks and a little debate over the directions the CRL provided regarding this ensued.  Since then, the CRL has been updated to clarify the requirements for the Hasbro mods. Ian then switched his pics to have the full Doopy E-11 kit. 

Congratulations Ian, and welcome to the EIB ranks!!!

Great application, even if I wanted you to add more pictures than necessary. LoL ;)

Edited by Dark CMF

Thank you Steve. It's an honor to join the ranks of my fellow EIB troopers. Yes, my notches are small. I cut them whilst in the build process to the orignally quote 15x8mm (I think it was), before it was moved to Centurion only as 22x22. I'll need to have a look where I have my strapping/snaps located to see if I need to move them in a little before applying for Centurion. I'll also look to taking some updated shots with the sides not pulled in so much. Perhaps an extra burger or beer that morning will suffice.

Thank you Germain. (And yes, I think the CRL is a lot less ambiguous now. I tend to read things to the letter. Sometimes too much perhaps).

LOL Tim! No worries. Thank you!

Cheers Glen. Glad to join the ranks.

Thanks Carl!

• Like 1

Congratulations Ian and welcome to the ranks, your build was a shoe in mate, well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1