My ATA helmet build.....what do you guys think?

hon143

After studying all the great tutorials and helmet build threads, here's my attempt at my first helmet build.  Took me about 2 wks a couple hours a night after putting the kids to sleep.  But, it was rewarding and enjoyable.

Of course, the ears were a pain in a$$!

post-21946-0-95409700-1417404822_thumb.jpg

post-21946-0-92677300-1417404831_thumb.jpg

Looks outstanding!! Nice clean construction. If I was to comment on anything, it would be the angular paint lines on your teeth. The paint should be a smooth line following the curve of the top of the tooth into the gap between teeth.

Nice work over all!

Looks outstanding!! Nice clean construction. If I was to comment on anything, it would be the angular paint lines on your teeth. The paint should be a smooth line following the curve of the top of the tooth into the gap between teeth.

Nice work over all!

I didn't even notice that.....I'll have to touch that up.

Looks good but make sure all of the teeth are painted. There are a few little spots on the top and bottom that could use a little touch up. The ears turned out great, way to go!

I went back and rounded out the grey teeth paint.  And, I filled in those white spots you mentioned.  I just added the chin strap last night.  So, I think I'm totally done with the helmet.  

It's going to be a LONG wait now for the armor!

Wow nice build. I also finished an ATA helmet and am nervously waiting for my big brown box. Hopefully before Christmas!

Again your bucket look very clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk