HOWTO: Garter for thighs

TK4205

At first I fastened my thigh pieces to my ab, but they moved up and down too much and turned one way or the other. I found a good remedy for this.

d6mJYHB.jpg

Cr8uAFT.jpg

L1TPRLz.jpg

fXjQnAH.jpg

They just velcro to the inside of the thigh pieces, and they stay exactly where they should.

Sweet mod! :D

Man, I should do that on both my TK & TD, as over time the thighs tend to pull down the cod, etc. and then certain things that didn't rub start to rub, and it just doesn't look right for a TK to be "adjusting", if you take my meaning.

I like your design. I use snaps and a nylon belt with an interlocking ring and can pull it snug, but I had the thighs come loose when I had 1 snap. So I added another snap to each thigh and I STILL had a thigh come off. GRRR!! Your design holds some promise I want to try.

Have you ever had the velcro come apart while trooping?

How many times have you worn your armor with this design and for how long doing what kind of movement (marching, stairs, running, standing)?

Thanks,

Don G.

TK-5372

I've not once had a blowout in the last four troops, 3 of which were parades. I'd say I've put about 15 hours of trooping into this set up. My thighs are never a concearn now. My wife calls it my Thigh Master.

I have a similar belt under my armour.It's a leather belt with elastic straps for the thighs and velcro tabs.I use elastic for all my straps on my arms and legs,all have velcro and never come loose.Here's a drawing I made a while back showing my strapping for the arms and legs.Works very well and main body armour can be taken off without removing any of the arm and leg armour.

F0rUqWE.jpg

Hey TM, you should take a picture with bucket on but minus chest and ab armor. :lol:

Works very well and main body armour can be taken off without removing any of the arm and leg armour.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished trooping twice this past week using a pair of these thigh straps and they worked great! I left my snaps in place on my thighs just in case it didn't work out, but I really like the way these fit and held my thigh armor on. Thanks for all the details and photos.

Don G.

TK-5372

• 1 month later...
4205, is the 3 inch elastic belt just 1 layer of elastic? did you double it up or anything? because in the first picture it looks thicker. but I may have to try this when i get to my thighs, because I was kind of worried about having the suspenders hold up my waist, cod, and thighs

Yes, just one layer, The double layer you see is where the two ends are sewn togeather. I think you will love this mod. The 'V' in the front is made with two inch elastic. It keeps your thighs from turning in or out.

Hope this helps.

Wyatt.

i went for TM's approach after seeing it on MEPD a while back. My Garrison mates couldn't believe how quick i got in and out of the armour. it hangs better, feels better and more importantly makes the whole kit look better. thanks Paul.

the great thing about it is when i'm having a quick break, i.e. toilet, choco bar, drink, i can take the main body armour off, still have all the arms and legs on, am able to sit down for 5 minutes and it takes literaly a minute to be kitted up again and out harassing people and all it is made out of is elastic and poppers. FAB :D

• 2 weeks later...

I must say these methods are amazing and I shall be for certain doing these ideas on mine when it arrives this week sometime.

May I ask though when you have the armour on using any of these methods is the strapping pretty visible ??

I must say these methods are amazing and I shall be for certain doing these ideas on mine when it arrives this week sometime.

May I ask though when you have the armour on using any of these methods is the strapping pretty visible ??

It all tends to blend in with the undersuit. You will only notice it if you are looking for it.