Episode VII TK Armor

I want one nonetheless. It has to happen. We need better reference materials so armorers can get the ball rolling :)

I imagine they're gonna throw a million more teasers at us over the next year, so we'll likely get more references! Nothing takes the places of that classic ANH TK, though!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2014 at 7:29 PM, captsafe66 said:

The kits will happen...patience young Troopers...

But I don't wanna wait....

39MmaTR.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2021
  • Like 1

SO MANY THREADS.

I yelled, for real.

Seriously though, it is about time to consolidate, it is hard keeping up at this point with the different threads, pick the most popular one and go with that.

• Like 1

SO MANY THREADS.

I yelled, for real.

Seriously though, it is about time to consolidate, it is hard keeping up at this point with the different threads, pick the most popular one and go with that.

I'm sorry D: Don't blast me.

What about the new "R2" unit? Interesting enough, but maybe not very practical. The whole outside of him would get all beat up if always rolling around on the ground like that? :-)

Looking forward to more teaser trailers!

Well, concerning the E-11-7, whoever designed it took a real close look at the original.

Dimensions are spot on and most of the familiar featured are built in, in one way or the other ...

FamiliaritiesbetweenE-11andE-11-7_zps8b3

ComparisonE-11andE-11-7_zpsf1fe2b32.jpg

Looks legit, hope it is.

I like the new look. Excited that Stormtroopers are back.
I also like that the Troopers themselves aren't "cookie-cutter" thin and tall.
It appears to be a few different heights and sizes for the new TK.

Can't wait for more detailed pictures and the opportunity to get some of this armor.

Looks like the knee is a separate piece. As well as "latches" or some type of connectors on the back of the shins.
And "shoe spats?" (Did I see the back of the legs and shoes wrong?)

Anyway...I want a set of this new armor! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, they are still stormtroopers.

Let's keep them in here and in our hearts. ;)
(I've never even understood the diversion between sandies and shinies ...
Too familiar, in my view, to have separate detachments ...)

Clones, on the other hand, have a completely different background, armor and mission ...

• Like 1

😱 well that's an argument I'd agree with. Clones are both good and evil in the story so they're kinda riding the fence in terms of guys at an event representing the empire/sith or the republic/jedi. Dandies (autocorrect lol) ...Sandies are plain evil like TKs. I'd even say phase 1s belong in the rebel club, technically, with phase 2s being jedi killers and looking close enough in the face to hang out with us. (Jk, I'm sure I'll come around, but I'm still put off by the "futuristic" design compared to what my brain and heart say is a stormtrooper!)

While the TK we all think about and grew up with is the original TK. We all had to wait like 30+ years to look like a legit outta the movie Stormtrooper that amazed is in 1977.

After Episode VII THAT Stormtrooper will be the one that millions of newer fans will begin to associate with. And how amazing it is going to be to be able to own and wear a kit within months or a year of it being seen for he first time.

I'm excited as F-bomb to see the full TK and I fully intend to purchase a kit once there is a fully realized suit available to build.

As for which detachment they belong to, it is here hands down. We have the Concept TK here followed by multiple movie iterations and a few "Legends" adaptations. This next one is just the next in line of the Stormtrooper character's evolution.

• Like 2

Pulling a bit from Tim's (Dark CMF's) Thread Labelled : Episode VII Trailer Reported To Post At 10:15 EST as this seems to be the more appropriate location and would help with more consolidating.

Also, here's one of the many links out there to some screen grabs.

:dancing-trooper:

I'm guessing they made the Holsters functional, but I don't quite understand if it's just through magnets?
15726437798_59e7968c97_o.gif

Some of the "Clasps/Clamps/Clips" or whatever do seem to be functional in that they cover (Velcro/3M-Strip/Other) seams (The Spats had a Wardrobe Malfunction) and others do seem to only be there to give the illusion of functionality (if the Inner Seams on the Thighs and Calves are Clamshelled and the Outer Seams are Glued Shut):

15888106306_b17db651cb_o.gif

And lastly, (forgive the crude drawing) it looks like the white on the gloves isn't limited to the Trigger Finger and runs from Thumb to Index Finger on both hands:

15727877989_59efccacbb_o.jpg

- Berbs

If I were going to make a functional holster for trooping, I would use "keyhole" notches on the thigh piece.

Pins on the weapon would register into the holes on the thigh and slide down into the slots.

The mechanical connection would be way more secure than magnets.

Beyond that, I can't imagine the strapping system to hold the thigh up with the added weight of a blaster...

The images aren't clear enough, but the "clasps" look like resin globs to me.

I understand the intention and like the idea, but they look like they're just there to cover the velcro.

If you could find the correct clasp, they could be blind riveted to vacuum formed armor (with reinforcement from behind) and be totally funtional.

If you look at the spat malfunction on the lower right, you can see the velcro strip behind the clasp...

Aaron, I see what you mean with the Holster... I'm sure I'm not even close, but something like this "Y" Notch seems to fit with what you're saying:

15294149194_fc5e444045_o.gif

And Velcro is exactly what I figure is what the Spat clasps were attached with, but it is a touch blurry, and it almost feels too thin... (Heck, that may even be the problem! They didn't use the thicker Industrial Velco that most of us use! LOL!)

Bottom Line: I can't wait for more pics!! And I'm sure someone will figure it all out soon enough!!

- Berbs

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying!!! NICE JOB with the graphic!!!

You've got the keyhole slot like I mentioned at the bottom, and the Y-slot at the top makes a lot more sense for being able to holster the weapon quickly.

The Y guides the pin into the slot so they don't have to be fiddling around trying to line it up just right.

The bottom piece reminds me of "adjustable shelf standards", with a custom Y piece attached to the top.

Maybe the bottom piece has several keyholes, which allows up and down adjustment of the Y-piece to suit your arm length, etc.

Same concept with the the way you can adjust the shoulder harness in modern cars up and down to suit your height.

thCAHW2UIU_zps80e25d4a.jpg

thCACBDJ30_zpsb0530bf2.jpg

thCA01JXG1_zps81f1afac.jpg

:dancing-trooper:

- Berbs

Edited by Berbs42
  • Like 1