Stormtrooper Ep VII undersuit, neck seal and boots WIP

Or make the ribbed sections with an internal flap to allow the insertion of some foam to pack the gap for thinner arm/legs!

• Like 1

lol inflatable sections.. I guess it's possible. I wonder if it is at all possible (dreaming away here) to have them filled with water and create some kind of water cooling system :D (or, make it like a space suit, have us pee in it and use some reversed osmosis system to... well... nah, never mind on that idea lol  :laugh1:

Is this what you're looking for in rib size?

cDVEjTG.jpg

• Like 1

Or make the ribbed sections with an internal flap to allow the insertion of some foam to pack the gap for thinner arm/legs!

lol inflatable sections.. I guess it's possible. I wonder if it is at all possible (dreaming away here) to have them filled with water and create some kind of water cooling system :D (or, make it like a space suit, have us pee in it and use some reversed osmosis system to... well... nah, never mind on that idea lol  :laugh1:

May be ribbed sections with internal flaps to put inside frozen gel or frozed peas plastic bags, but not diapers  :P

I found today a shinny fabric and with the Jaeron pic will make a first try

thanks for the pic!!

• Like 1

I just take out from the lasts the boots, please remember, I need to clean, cut threads, paint, etc. just wanted to show as a fast new:

IMG_0365_zps9reuafxv.jpg

the sole use a 5mm rubber rugged surface for long lasting and dont slip danger, the sole interior thickness is made in eva for full comfort

IMG_0366_zpsa1yjsguz.jpg

in the back go vertical strips

IMG_0369_zpsddtpv2yi.jpg

The zipper go hided with leather or if you want can be cutted to make more accurate and show the zipper

IMG_0370_zpslbgisdxc.jpg

Finally a close up to show the stitched line and the surface of the side sole (1inch tall / 25mm)

IMG_0367_zpsob14plcs.jpg

I need to make the finishing step and will take photo studio pics to start a sales thread

Giovanni

Edited by crow62

Awesome! Appreciate all the work gio! Can you add me to the sales list so that I am #1 for your boots? :). Size 12 for me.

OK Jason and fellows, please go here to order your boots:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31184-ep7-stormtrooper-flametrooper-boots-for-sale-under-your-own-sizes/

I can keep going with the undersuit design now

Cheers

Gio

• 2 weeks later...

More news, past week I was looking for a shinny fabric to make the undersuit, I found this fabric layered with chromed finishing and I decide to make a Phasma boot too

11203566_10202843212680187_5727225687543

and here the boot finished:

IMG_0419_zps5z0wk4ub.jpg

IMG_0420_zpssjxdkybu.jpg

IMG_0421_zpskr8esmey.jpg

I am retaking the undersuit project, I will up more pics soonely

Cheers

• Like 2

I can't find where to ask this question, what material is the black belt, what thickness is it and how is it fastened. If anyone has an anovos kit could you measure it for me and post some pictures up please. Cheers

I can't find where to ask this question, what material is the black belt, what thickness is it and how is it fastened. If anyone has an anovos kit could you measure it for me and post some pictures up please. Cheers

Hi Dean,

At the risk of being too forward, I would recommend using the movie trailer screen shots and the TFA exhibit to base your design, if you are creating your own belt. I believe our intent is to post helpful threads in FISD for the ANOVOS TFA TK kit assembly, but if I were creating my own belt, I would want to use primary source material. As good as the kit is, it is still secondary source (academically speaking). Any inadvertent or intentional variations in the secondary source will be passed along in your creation, and I believe the spirit of the fan-made sculpts are to utilize primary source material, while being aware of methods and materials used in other sculpts. It is also helpful protection when considering the very strictest sense of "recasting." All that said, I believe we will have a section for the TFA TK kit that will touch on the belt preparation, assembly and attachment to costume.

Best wishes for your work! -krista :atat:

• Like 1

Krista, thanks for the advice but I can't measure a photo. I actually need someone who owns a belt to measure it,and see how it's fastened. Looking at the photos u suggested isn't going to give me enough information to move forward.

Hey Dean,

I understand. It's difficult without a defined sized object to properly scale. The belt connection isn't exposed, so you'll be able to use any method that works best for your build. The drop boxes can be attached by any method that will not pull through the belt. We used 1/4" chicago screws. As far as I can tell, the screen/TFA exhibit belts are also non-porous/non-weave like rubber. While the ANOVOS kit has used a separate canvas belt and rubber belt overlay, I don't know if that will change over time. I found it helpful to utilize the sew-on velcro with the canvas. I don't have my kit near me to measure the width right now. I imagine you'll need the overall width and the width of the horizontal raised ridges.

Best wishes for your build. :)  -Krista :atat:

Krista, thanks for the advice but I can't measure a photo. I actually need someone who owns a belt to measure it,and see how it's fastened. Looking at the photos u suggested isn't going to give me enough information to move forward.

Actually, once the forum opens up with all the reference pictures, there will likely be pictures with a ruler next to the belt to show the exact sizes. Not sure why you would need them at this point, but the Anovos kit does come with the belt included (unless you're creating your own kit, that is) :)

True, but be wary of that belt buckle. It's too large for the pouches and we ended up having to slit the pouch. Best to get a smaller buckle on it if you want to make your life easy.

• Like 1

True, but be wary of that belt buckle. It's too large for the pouches and we ended up having to slit the pouch. Best to get a smaller buckle on it if you want to make your life easy.

I agree. I think the creativity of many minds finding solutions may come up with an alternative to the kit supplied buckle. I look forward to seeing how others make their belts. :) -K

I agree. I think the creativity of many minds finding solutions may come up with an alternative to the kit supplied buckle. I look forward to seeing how others make their belts. :) -K

Well I have yet to see this buckle but if it's like any other buckle that got in my way, Velcro was there to replace it.  ;)

• Like 1

The problem with velcro is adjustment & load. I really dig the buckle as it makes is much faster to put the belt on/off. It just needs to be right sized.

Heck, if you do it right then it should be very simple to remove the cod to us latrine, or remove the butt plate to sit down. Esp. as there is no strap between the cod & butt.

As helpful insight from a different perspective: There's at least two of us that have an elastic between butt plate and cod. It was a helpful "stay-safe" to keep the butt plate from arcing out like a car spoiler and for the cod to have an awkward outward slant. It's not required, and many troopers may find it's not necessary. I felt it gave a better look for the way the armor sat on my frame. My understanding is that there was similar reasoning for the other alpha75. Best, -K 

• 3 months later...