Stormtrooper Ep VII undersuit, neck seal and boots WIP

• 3 months later...

I found a pic of the boots (was taked in the "endor" location, this stunt (or actor, who knows) used a black robe coming out from a trailer, I can not see the undersuit details, but the boots are well defined.

ep7boots_zpsdcuydimr.jpg

Making a zoom I can see use a zipper in the inside, black flat thick sole and a wide rib on the ankle

ep7bootszoom_zpsisjs28vx.jpg

Adding contrast to see easily the sewed parts and shapes

ep7bootscontrast_zpss4dzravu.jpg

I will use the same lasts used on the clone boots Ep 2&3

Made the patterns to make the test

IMG_0255_zps4m7tihlk.jpg

Cheers

Edited by crow62

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, some news for the gang, I made the beta version testing based in  the paparazzi pic, then the boots were revealed in Anaheim and I have to make some changes and all will be done, BTW, the undersuit project change dramatically, I saw the An...s armor was used with a standard black suit and with rugged portions in shoulders, elbows and knees, so I am concentrating my attention in finish the boots first, here some pics:

IMG_0347_zpsuuwcjbvv.jpg

Boots are high height,  zipper inside, full leather and a wide central tongue

IMG_0348_zpswwgpywzj.jpg

All parts will go with double stitch

IMG_0349_zpspfzkvinp.jpg

Based in thge reference pic, I have to change the front portion, I drawed with black pen the new shape that will have the final test boot.

One thing more, I will use leather and eva for full comfort, I will not use the cheap box style sole like this:

badsole_zpszxi5rpf7.jpg

I will show the eva sole process, more job but twice comfort and durability.

Expect for more updates soonely

Gio

Nice work, looking forward to the progress and interested

Edited by gmrhodes13

That's a great start Gio.  I'm eager to see how this progresses.  As for the gaskets, according to the troopers I spoke to, they offer very little mobility as they are so thick.  When you return to that project, I wonder if you could create a good-looking, but lighter-weight gasket.

Thanks guys, the patterns are upgraded now to the Anaheim boots, time to cut and sew leather, by the way, this model use more leather than other boots that I use to make but the final price will be the same of my other specialized boots, I am sure the final boots will be ready to sell next week, as always I want to give 100% accuracy in my designs.

IMG_0357_zpsey3vymkn.jpg

In the midtime between boots and under parts I am tempted to make the gloves, in full soft leather,  if you know if there is a source for them, then will not to be necessary my gloves design, I downloaded this from FB (sorry dont remember the guy that take it):

11178487_10153792574166038_636150836_n_z

Cheers

Edited by crow62
  • Like 1

That's a great start Gio.  I'm eager to see how this progresses.  As for the gaskets, according to the troopers I spoke to, they offer very little mobility as they are so thick.  When you return to that project, I wonder if you could create a good-looking, but lighter-weight gasket.

Thanks Toddo, is good to help for a good looking, about under parts, if I could have more pics of the gaskets used in the Anaheims trooper will be  very helpful

Thanks guys, the patterns are upgraded now to the Anaheim boots, time to cut and sew leather, by the way, this model use more leather than other boots that I use to make but the final price will be the same of my other specialized boots, I am sure the final boots will be ready to sell next week, as always I want to give 100% accuracy in my designs.

I am not trying to be an an impolite person here, but there have been issues with boot deliveries from you in the past, people who have waited well over a year to get something, if anything at all. Is all that cleared up and are you sure to be able to keep up with that?

I'm just asking because I know Anovos will soon be selling the boots as well, which will be coming from the same factory as the ones in the movies were made from..

In the midtime between boots and under parts I am tempted to make the gloves, in full soft leather,  if you know if there is a source for them, then will not to be necessary my gloves design, I downloaded this from FB (sorry dont remember the guy that take it):

There's quite a few sources on gloves, they range from 10-15 bucks...Just need to remove some white leather from some fingers is all :)

I am not trying to be an an impolite person here, but there have been issues with boot deliveries from you in the past, people who have waited well over a year to get something, if anything at all. Is all that cleared up and are you sure to be able to keep up with that?

I'm just asking because I know Anovos will soon be selling the boots as well, which will be coming from the same factory as the ones in the movies were made from..

There's quite a few sources on gloves, they range from 10-15 bucks...Just need to remove some white leather from some fingers is all :)

Hi Jeroen, thanks for ask  on this: time give us experience, is better if we ask an advance to start a pair and the balance at the ready to ship time,  I will have leather cutted and sewed in this model to down the making time, as usual I have recurrent clients always that bought me 2 or 3 different models, about pendings, I am working or are travelling no more than 8 pairs in all the 16 different models I use to make.

About Anovos I don´t know, we have expectations on his prices and launches times, I remember they don´t offered the kit with boots, but use my boots or a future Anovos boots launch will not make difference in the approval suit cause both are the same specs .

If gloves can be find in 10-15 usd is good for all, so, I can concentrate me in other project.

Edited by crow62

Hi Jeroen, thanks for ask  on this: time give us experience, is better if we ask an advance to start a pair and the balance at the ready to ship time,  I will have leather cutted and sewed in this model to down the making time, as usual I have recurrent clients always that bought me 2 or 3 different models, about pendings, I am working or are travelling no more than 8 pairs in all the 16 different models I use to make.

About Anovos I don´t know, we have expectations on his prices and launches times, I remember they don´t offered the kit with boots, but use my boots or a future Anovos boots launch will not make difference in the approval suit cause both are the same specs .

If gloves can be find in 10-15 usd is good for all, so, I can concentrate me in other project.

Thanks for the explanation, Giovanni. I appreciate it :)

And you're right, if the boots are the same specs, it will not matter for approval. But my biggest issue was the things that transpired in the past and I would hate for people to have to wait a long time after ordering. If you're saying those issues were addressed, then that's great news :)

Cheers

Hi Gio,

You want to be careful when copying the ANOVOS designs from C7. Most of their softparts were rushed out to fill the need at the last minute and are not really matching the screen used items.

Straight up  the gloves are miles away from accurate. You should check photos from C7 of 2 TK7 standing on an orange background, those are the screen suits and will get you the details you want. The ANOVOS troopers will be a bad model to use due to what I said before.

The thing about supplying softparts even with others making them, you will always get business if you can supply the parts within a reasonable time at a good price. Unless the exact parts are found at a major distributor who can handle constant demand there will always be the need for multiple suppliers. I would say focus you efforts to get some accurate boots out and when thats done, maybe look into the gloves as well, 

Oh, I forgot to mention about the seals...

If you wanted to focus on releasing a set of seals I would explore doing something in fabric like lycra. While not accurate (from what we think) it will make you a very popular supplier. Anyone who wore the suits at C7 said the rubber gaskets was brutal. They severely limited movement, were hot as sin and were bulky. 

• Like 3

Svache and Dday, thanks for the comments, I was not in Anaheim but now I know this pics are the canon to follow:

10360338_869499249759633_721261490360397

and yes gloves are very different

ymcfxmpbmwu9mbvhtaez_zpsbvxybwkg.jpg

So this is the boot used in the movie, I see I am going in the right way on the boot design, remember I started with this pic:

ep7boots_zpsdcuydimr.jpg

and finally a closeup of the boots:

closeup_zpssfdixqa8.jpg

I am sure now the design is ok

Gio

Edited by crow62
  • Like 5

I saw someone more in the forum is making the gloves, so, I can concentrate in the undersuit, this is my plan, toughts please:

under_zpsm0nv4hht.jpg

Looks good... but hot!

I would consider adding some velcro on the connection between pants and shirt, to help keep things in place.

I took the liberty to insert a few pictures of the armor when just wearing an undersuit without the gaskets into two other pictures where there are gaskets visible, maybe this shows why I'm a bit opposed to the idea of having them added to an undersuit.. I'm afraid that, when someone is a bit on the skinny side with their arms/legs, it will be visible when you have ribs on an undersuit, removing the entire idea of having a uniform size among troopers (which was the entire idea behind the gaskets to begin with). 

mAVF6hi.png

• Like 1

Lets avoid the entire suit for  a moment, each armor will be cutted under final user sizes, so, any gasket premade will not fit well, in that case the solution must be a plain gasket to cut and sew or glue based on each set of measures, the only idea that come to me about the entire suit to fill the empty spaces is using an air pump with inflatable portions inside the undersuit  :D

Jeroen, please help me with the ribs width size  :duim:

Edited by crow62