Star Wars Episode VII Trailer

Sir Tomasu

Love it! :wub:

Ā 

Keeping an open mind...what's new is new. What's old is well....vintage!Ā  :duim:

Ā 

Remember there is a whole new generation that has different expectations of that is Star Wars... Some will like the the originals and there will be those who will embrace the new with open arms. I will be one of those even though I saw the originals in '77... :D

• Like 1

I'm sold to the teaser. From what we saw with the pictures and teaser, I have to quote Kevin Smith: "JJ is doing it and he's doing it good."

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I loved most of it, and seeing the new TK armor makes me quite excited! I certainly hope to get one of those at some point, but yeah, that undersuit... it's going to be very, very warm.. right now it is the only spot that relieves us from some of that heat, but I can see how it can become quite hot. Then again, maybe someone can make it water cooled with water flowing through the ribs xD

One thing I did not like, and honestly wonder about the functionality, is the light saber. There may be a story behind it, and I surely hope so, but right now, nah, don't like that one lol

Why do the ribs have to be under the entire armor? I think it can be done with a regular undersuit and, like the neck seal, just peaking where the armor pieces separate. Knees, elbow, etc. I am sure we will see better pics and I don't think it's just hopeless yet.

Ā 

I also don't think this was a conspiracy against us. At least they look better than the clone armor.

• Like 1

I agree, it is not necessary to have under the entire armor, and I think it would be better if it is just in the areas where it's visible. However, the areas that is just undersuit right now, are usually the spots where you catch that little breeze to cool a bit down. We may lose that, depending on the material used :)

And yeah, it is very unlikely they created this armor with us on their minds. They probably know we'll get that armor made one way or another anyways xD

I agree, it is not necessary to have under the entire armor, and I think it would be better if it is just in the areas where it's visible. However, the areas that is just undersuit right now, are usually the spots where you catch that little breeze to cool a bit down. We may lose that, depending on the material used :)

And yeah, it is very unlikely they created this armor with us on their minds. They probably know we'll get that armor made one way or another anyways xD

While the clone under suits from the prequels were ribbed, The clone CRL doesn't require a ribbed under suit, just regular spandex or compression gear. You could get the Clothears version if you wanted; it includes the ribbing.

Ā 

Maybe the CRL for a TFA suit could be done the same way?

That will depend on how easy accurate under suits are to get. Ā If they are not much more / harder to obtain than regular compression gear, then the base CRL will mandate them. Ā If however like clone ribbed undersuits they are very hard to get, then it would seem logical to only require them at Centurion level.

Ā 

This is why FX was 501st OK for years even though AP & TE armors were out there at the same time. Ā It's only now with the advent of cost effective accurate suits that the old FX has gone away, e.g. not even produced anymore.

• Like 1

I'm neither enthusiastic nor a hater about the new trilogy - I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I realze it was just that, a small teaser of the upcoming movie. Not too excited about the new Stormtrooper, neither their new blaster (looks too much like the Hasbro b/w E-11). The cross shaped lightsaber blade looks weird - and I totally understand people making fun of it on photoshop. That speeder might look like a popsicle, but there are cars today that look the same. On the positive part I really like seeing TIE Fighters there, the Falcon and the X-Wings. I also like the Probe Droid sounds, very specific sound I couldn't miss it for the world.

But no matter how bad or good the new movies will be I still have my beloved OT, and that will not be taken away. If the upcoming trilogy will be more interesting than the PT, and closer to OT, then even better. Will I start collecting Sequel Trilogy items? Nope. Will I watch the new movies? Yeap. I'll make my mind after watching these new movies. Till then I'll wait and see.

I notice in the still of the Troopers preparing to disembark, that the Velcro ankle closure has failed on one of them, ain't life a slave Leia.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I was being an insomniac and decided to do some screenshots.Ā  From the looks of it, I believe we will be able to take a knee now.Ā  They have the back of the thighs and shins like our right forearm, should allow us more flexibility. lots to look at.

Ā 

Back of legs #1

ScreenShot2014-11-30at11033AM.png

Ā 

Back of Legs #2

ScreenShot2014-11-30at11103AM.png

Ā 

Ā 

Blaster bottom?

ScreenShot2014-11-30at11333AM.png

Ā 

Blaster Right

ScreenShot2014-11-30at11008AM.png

Yes, looks like a lot more movability in these legs.

Ā 

3rd picture isn't blaster bottom. It's the top view, as you can see the scope and the magazine on the side. Image is a bit confusing, as it might be mirrored (not clear yet).

I LOVED What I saw so far! Actual people in TK's!!!! I wonder if there are any TD's on Tattoine?

Ā 

I am curious on how they tie in the events and timeline from 1983 to now? With the novels, Heir to the Empire, etc...

Ā 

Andy

I've read those books, and many others. It would be great if they keep to some of the existing stuff, but it would be cool to have something new as well. As far as Wookieepedia goes, it will be very confusing to keep the timelines straight once people start writing books about the new movies.

Ā 

and Whoa everybody, just because he was in a suit doesn't mean he is a TK. Han and Luke were in TK's.