Episode VII Trailer Reported To Post At 10:15 EST

Dark PWF

That's six hours and one minute from the time I'm posting this.

Source: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-said-hit-1015-am-est

Edited by Dark CMF

Well, the leaked helmet is the real deal (I had my doubts until now).  And I love the new armor!  It looks like there's carbon fibre plates under the white armor, based on the Tattooine shot?

I will be most certainly getting myself a set of this armor once they are available. 

I don't see and carbon under the white, just a rubber undersuit.

Looks like the holster is some sort of a magnetic thing on their right thigh. You'll notice they are holding the guns in their right hand vs left like ANH. And in some screens you can see what looks to be an integrated mounting setup on their right thigh.

Some sort of clips to close the shins on the sides vs closure in the back.

E11 (or whatever it is called) looks to still be very similar to a sterling. The scope rail is there, folding stock, clip and so on... just everything is on the otherside of the gun for right handers instead of left.

I do like that so far, the look is very similar to a TK, so far.

But DANG it, they only give us the view of the helmet that we already have... I want a left view, right view, back something I can work with to make the base model.

• Like 1

Thanks Bone for the screen caps. This armor is going to be HOT. Hot in that it will be hot inside a replica undersuit, and HOT in that they will the hottest everyone wants it armor that will come out in a long time (I'll be first on the list), and HOT also in that they will be probably the coolest character to do since...well...stormtroopers were in 1977.

• Like 1

well we know they have the suits in storage at this point. We know Mary Franklin produced it. What are the odds that she will let someone get the specs so we can make some suits?

They will want us in full force promoting the movie as it gets closer to opening night - What are the odds from those that know her?

• Like 3

Okay, enlighten me ...who is Mary Franklin?

And ... do we know her?

You have me on the edge of my seat!

I googled her: Sr. Events Lead for Lucasfilm Ltd.

So she might be the one to contact?

Will Disney rely on us to promote?

Will they give us more Information than the average fan?

Edited by Bone

Mary has ever been favorable to the 501st in the past (I remember meeting her in 2007 at the Rose Parade). People in the 501st are definitely in contact with her on a regular basis - you never know.

Mary has ever been favorable to the 501st in the past (I remember meeting her in 2007 at the Rose Parade). People in the 501st are definitely in contact with her on a regular basis - you never know.

She really took a shining to Eric at FanExpo! :D we have an 'in'! lol

• Like 1

Ok I'm on "the list" of must have a set of this armor! At first I was hesitant but after the mini trailer.....its that question, Do I need this set of armor......HELL YEAH! I am sold! I just transferred money in the TFA fund.

I have to correct what I said in the previous post:

A big part of the armor could be vacuumformed ...

... even the helmet, although this would need some very clever engineering ...

My thoughts is that the helmet lends itself better to a resin casting and the armor to vacuforming. Since the helmet is so far as I can tell a single piece construction, vacuforming would take a lot of work to make it look right and might be unnecessarily hard.

Seen the teaser a few times now. Although still being not sure about the whole thing, I am pretty happy they gave us some views of the TKs.

Thanks for all the screenshots here! Good work.

The armor itself looks vac formed. Big gaps between all parts indicate better movement abilities. This might also be the reason for the smaller shoulder bells. Lower legs appear quite big. The "O II" on the back looks a bit strange (but easy to realize) and a lot of sharp edges were reduced and rounded. The whole thing lost a lot of its old contours and got some small new ones instead. These will surely be nice for weathering. Karin (Sonnenschein) will not be happy about these hand guards. The old ones really looked more interesting. These are - very simple.

The helmet of course will become an issue of its own to reproduce this. To me it looks too much like a motor cycle helmet, but at least the guy who made this recently out of steel (you might have seen that video on youtube) can now be happy because he did the right one :) The question remains, if there will really be only one mic tip (or however it'll be called on these) on the left side of the helmet. The frames with the 6 troopers standing in line don't answer this yet.

The undersuit will be much more work in future. Although the ribbed surface will surely only be placed where it is visible, it will increase the efforts of reproducing, the price and the sweat you'll be loosing in these. But most of us will like the classic and familiar look around the neck. Did anyone already spot if it's velcro or zipper closed? ;)

The blaster still seems to be a modified Sterling with some parts now being painted in white. You can clearly see the familiar magazine (Steve, get ready for more demand on these), although it has been moved to the other side of the blaster. No more power cylinders and Hengstlers. Shape of rear sight is changed, as well as the complete scope. Chromed parts on the scope? Really? Two red digital displays will bring some electronics into every future builds of these. Oh dear :). Did someone else see white gaffer tape on the right forearm of that trooper holding the blaster??? Looks like it was placed there to avoid scratches from the end cap...

Hey Tino!

I don't think it's gaffer tape. Looks more like two tiny buckles or brackets, not unlike the thingies they have on their legs, to suggest some kind of opening/closing mechanism ...

Supports the notion of "armor", like in "medieval armor".

The gloves are also interesting: seems like they have (at least the index finger) the fingers covered in White segments, too.

Whoever designed and built this armor also adressed the return edge at the wrist and gave it a bit of three dimensionality.

We also shouldn't take the architecture of the E-11-7 for granted. It might just be, that the footage was flipped to allow for a better visual flow in the Trailer. It's not that uncommon ...
(although in this case the actor would be left handed ...)

r2w_480p0-00-35-01_zpsb8486770.jpg

But I found some nice similarities between the E-11 and the E-11-7:

FamiliaritiesbetweenE-11andE-11-7_zps8b3

and even the proportions seem to be similar for the most part:

ComparisonE-11andE-11-7_zpsf1fe2b32.jpg

Edited by Bone
  • Like 1

@ Bernd (Bone): Agree to all you said. Might be more than gaffer tape and the image could be mirrored.

Very nice work on your last picture update :). While clearly seeing the scope rail, rear sight, end cap and the part framed in blue (it's not for the folding stock, it's to lock the end cap), I did not recognise the counter until you showed your last picture.

B.t.w.: that counter in pic 2 somehow looks very familiar to me ;)

I don't think these 2 parallel marks on the main barrel show the spring, because these are too far down (the slot for the cocking handle is located a bit higher). And if the image is mirriored, these would be on the wrong side anyway.

If you could mirror that first picture left to right, it might help to bring us closer...

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1