Now the newbie starts building!

We'll see how my GMO reacts.

I've just had contact with the GXO... And he does not approve the color of the trim, my helmet and shoulder bells.

The major audience doesn't see a difference between the episodes (I believe) :)

I'm still tying to educate my familiy and family ;)

Sent from the shield generator on Endor

Edited by KaitoTrooper

We'll see how my GMO reacts.

I've just had contact with the GXO... And he does not approve the color of the trim, my helmet and shoulder bells.

The major audience doesn't see a difference between the episodes (I believe) :)

I'm still tying to educate my familiy and family ;)

Is he aware your armor is a ROTJ?!? I can understand the issue with the trim color, but the helmet and the shoulder bells...

I cannot believe he is not passing you because thr trim is a little whiter than the armour? Is that now his only gripe?

As far as I am concerned he does not know what he is talking about and should not be making decisions based on his knowledge which is clearly limited as far as ROTJ is concerned. He complained about the helmet then sent you pictures of the helmet we cast to show you how it should look!!!  :blink: He said the helmet and armour was too soft and poorly vacuum formed..... BIG NEWS JUST IN............ ROTJ is soft!!!!

I cannot find any other trim in the UK or EU that is any closer. I have asked Felix if  if the GMO knows of another source that sells a closer match but I have not heard back (funny that)! There is a supplier in Argentina that has some trim slightly closer in colour but not the correct dimensions. It is also not viable for me to import large amounts of trim from Argentina!!!

I have spent many years compiling my kits and ready made armours to be as close as they can be using todays materials. I have a few alterations to make to my moulds but they are more to do with allowing more on the trim off areas to make it easier to tailor to different sized troopers. As we all know everyone buying armour these days are not cast by their perfect stormtrooper size.

One of his complaints was the shoulder bells were too small? Which I find amusing as they actually too big. I will be casting my Disney suit shoulders as they are closer to the screen used and smaller!!!

I have said it before and will say it again...... Go above his head. and get anyone not sure who is deciding your membership to contact me and I will put them straight.

Good luck buddy....... :peace:

Edited by sskunky

Felix...as a ROTJ TK(EIB) AND my garrisons GML I would have zero issue with passing your costume. It's a great build..there is nothing that should be hampering your approval(although,I must ask are your boot soles painted white? I can't make them out). Agreed with what has already been said-if your GML doesn't reconsider..go above his head.

Edited by Colin1138
  • Like 1

To play devil's advocate for a second,..maybe Felix's GML is being a little too faithful to the ROTJ CRL,..which uses a non-ROTJ kit as the pictured model. With the ANH sharpness to the sculpt,and a much whiter plastic I can sort of see where some confusion could arise.

Perhaps we should see about updating the pics in that CRL to accurately reflect a ROTJ(ie CFO) style trooper?

• Like 1

To play devil's advocate for a second,..maybe Felix's GML is being a little too faithful to the ROTJ CRL,..which uses a non-ROTJ kit as the pictured model. With the ANH sharpness to the sculpt,and a much whiter plastic I can sort of see where some confusion could arise.

Perhaps we should see about updating the pics in that CRL to accurately reflect a ROTJ(ie CFO) style trooper?

This would be fantastic. I think I have pretty much set the bar on ROTJ so to have a CRL to reflect this and what is available using today's materials would be a great start. I am happy to supply any pictures you need.

ON a side note I really don't see what the problem of the trim not being an exact match? I could make the armour out of nice white acrylic capped like ANH but then that would not be accurate to ROTJ.If you look at my pics on star wars helmets the trim is not really that noticeable. Felix has the exact same kit and trim used in the pics.....

I'm bringing this situation to the Detachment Staff for discussion.  

• Like 1

I cannot believe he is not passing you because thr trim is a little whiter than the armour? Is that now his only gripe?

As far as I am concerned he does not know what he is talking about and should not be making decisions based on his knowledge which is clearly limited as far as ROTJ is concerned. He complained about the helmet then sent you pictures of the helmet we cast to show you how it should look!!! :blink: He said the helmet and armour was too soft and poorly vacuum formed..... BIG NEWS JUST IN............ ROTJ is soft!!!!

I cannot find any other trim in the UK or EU that is any closer. I have asked Felix if if the GMO knows of another source that sells a closer match but I have not heard back (funny that)! There is a supplier in Argentina that has some trim slightly closer in colour but not the correct dimensions. It is also not viable for me to import large amounts of trim from Argentina!!!

I have spent many years compiling my kits and ready made armours to be as close as they can be using todays materials. I have a few alterations to make to my moulds but they are more to do with allowing more on the trim off areas to make it easier to tailor to different sized troopers. As we all know everyone buying armour these days are not cast by their perfect stormtrooper size.

One of his complaints was the shoulder bells were too small? Which I find amusing as they actually too big. I will be casting my Disney suit shoulders as they are closer to the screen used and smaller!!!

I have said it before and will say it again...... Go above his head. and get anyone not sure who is deciding your membership to contact me and I will put them straight.

Good luck buddy....... :peace:

FX armor and a modified eFX will easily pass...

Edit: I'm not one bit crapping on this type of kit.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I would like to they thank for your kind support in that case. This is a very bad situation for Felix an the other ROTJ TK´s. I hope that we can clarify everything and I will not have the problems with the approval of my amour :(

Edited by K@nne

Hi,

I'm still here :)

It's been 21 days since I recieved the last message.

It won't take long from now on...I suppose.

Sent them some reference pics on the trim including Centurion troopers, maybe this helps.

Oh I've took three sets of photos, the last around noon, so i stood in direct sunlight :)

I had to correct some parts, so new photos were necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

On June 11 it's going to be 6 weeks without any reply.

I wrote 2 nice mails, one with more reference pictures, the second asking for updates.

Maybe the organization of the huge Legoland Event took a lot of attention.

I will wait until the end of this week.

If there is still no reply, I'll contact the LMO.

I'm a nice person to the bone, but I habe to draw a line somewhere.

I personally think this is unacceptable.

My armour and helmets have passed the highest standards.

I agree that the trim is a little whiter than it should be but I cannot get it creamy white anywhere. I have looked and the only way is to have thousands of meters made bespoke and that's just not viable for a small hobbiest like me.

To just ignore you because they don't quite know what they are talking about is rude.

Please give them my details. I am happy to talk to them.

Nothing more to say.

To switch subjects,

I'm not 100% satisfied with my setup.

I still need cotton gloves for the inside, otherwise I can bathe in sweat :)

Then I would like to finally paint the soles the color they should be, white.

Fans are also an essential part, that is still missing, but I am working on that.

At last, I need to work out a solution for my sides.

When I'm walking they still pop out, thanks to the fact that I'm a little to skinny for a Stormtrooper ( :) ).

It's a shame, but I will have to break with the original strapping and add two extra pieces of Abs to make it stable.

More information an pictures when it is finished and working :)

I can keep myself busy and another project should be coming later this year :)

Ok, I'm gonna post this pic. It's not the best quality in the world but it does show a colour discrepency between the trim and armour. I think you can clearly see the trim is lighter than the armour.

8D33783C-D030-433D-8BA2-2750CE93B948_zps

AB278075-0FD5-4E15-8B7C-20BD6E902479_zps

• Like 1

This is actually one of the reasons I lightly weathered my trooper(another reason being I'm just too lazy to constantly clean and polish it!)- in certain light the trim and moreso the boots can really stand out as being totally different colours to the armour. At least with everything grimy and muddy,that effect is lessened,although not totally eliminated.

Your left most pic looks fine,..the furthest right however does look odd. The boots really do stand out, and the blue tube stripes look crazy bright!