Pros and Cons: AP vs CFO

Hello troopers. I'm in the process of choosing my first armor and was hoping to get some feedback regarding the vetted suppliers I have narrowed my choices down to. I'm fairly confident at this point I am either going with AP or CFO. I'm hoping for some constructive advice from people who have experience with these two kits, since I have zero experience, to help me make my final decesion. Things to consider: this is my first build, I'm 5'7" and 165lbs (slight belly but otherwise fit), fairly handy with tools, looking for basic approval into the 501st at this point so I can participate in the charity work they do, might look into upgrading in the future to higher certification levels but I don't want that to be a major consideration for my first set of armor. Let me know if any other details would help determine the advice given. I look forward to your feedback and thank you in advance for your help.

It depends on which stormtrooper version your are going for. If ROTJ, then CFO would be your choice, otherwise choose AP for ANH or ESB stormtroopers. Even if AP used to be a ROTJ based kit, it has now been altered to look like ANH (and thus ESB).

Stormtrooper ANH Stunt

Stormtrooper ESB

Stormtrooper ROTJ

Edited by The5thHorseman

Just make sure you are a slim jim for the AP.  I have one, (and it is freeking fantastic) but if you are not like basketball player skinny you will have to build a shim between the ab and kidney.  Not out of this world hard, but a lot of extra work for sure.  Plenty of threads on here, I made one myself.  

People carry their weight different. You need to first decide which TK you are shooting for. Like Germain said, it is foolish to try to make an ANH/ESB suit look like ROTJ when ROTJ armor already exists and vice versa. Scott nailed it when it comes to AP requiring a thin framed person. A measurement around the fullest part of you ( your belly button) will determine if this will fit properly. AP really fits well up to roughly a 34 inch measurement. Beyond that you will either need shimming or move to a different armor that allows a 36 like TM, RS, ATA, MTK,

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm going with AP. For those of you reading this thread to help you make your own decision on armor let me note how awesome the customer service from Mark at AP has been through this process. Going well out of his way to provide me with answers and resources before I have even spent a penny with him.

my AP customer service experience was as good as you will find in the hobby. Nice price point, quality product & timely communications.

Good luck with your final decision and build. 

clamps

Love my AP armour and Mark is a pleasure to deal with. Nothing but good things to say about him and his service and his help while I was building my armour as well .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...