KY's AM 2.0: ANH Stunt Build (by THXBOY)

Hey guys!

So firstly this is NOT my armor, it's a buddies! I am one of the local Vader's in my garrison and a friend has always wanted to join the 501st so I told him I would help him build his TK! He picked up the AM2.0 kit and between the two of us we are working through it slowly. I have lots of experience in building my Vader and I've done a few buckets so I felt pretty comfortable doing a lot of the heavy lifting for him. Hey, if Vader needs to he gets his hands dirty!!

I already build the bucket and I just made the first cuts and test fit on him for biceps and arms. Pictures coming. All help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here are pics of the bucket. The left ear came out well and the right ear was "ok". Not my best but not the worst either. All the details I hand painted. 

E8CD4C8F-D095-4DAC-B369-74F06B023EF4_zps

551143D3-67C1-49BE-8762-8F3DE22DF909_zps

8C01DD64-0874-4A1F-8887-88DBAFCD47D9_zps

3CA09D26-1264-45F8-9150-939E73900E26_zps

Edited by Thxboy

Got the hard hat liner installed. That was a nice feature of this kit.

BC8D043C-F3B6-4F64-A4CE-877F40F57D4E_zps

6F96C1EC-F667-4018-9B80-EF66FFB6C81F_zps

I had him order the hard acrylic green lenses from trooper bay. I think they look and hold up much nicer than the thin green film included.

Ahh too much info! 

the forearm with the wider dip goes on the right. 

The bicept pieces, i dont believe the are different. 

nice work on the helmet.

the forearm on the right will feel huge on the back but that is the one side I had less trouble with when butt joining and gluing the cover strips.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!

Just to let you all know, I am the "KY" that THXBOY is helping! It has been great getting started and i have learned so much!

I thank you all for all the help and advise during this build!

THANKS THXBOY!!

Also here is a pic I took wearing the hemet before the blue stripes were added!

15823_4833411050065_2176850526390721874_

Edited by VenicioKristylz
  • Like 1

How did the hard hat liner work out? I couldn't figure out how to install it for the life of me.

It worked out great!

I started by attaching the grey mounting tabs that came with it to the liner with a small piece of blue masking tape to hold them in position. Next I placed the liner into the bucket and marked the position I wanted it in with dry-erase marker. I used hot glue to attach. Hot glue the front of the liner first (closest to eyes) and let dry a minute or two. Then glue the back of the liner in place. I let it cure forms day and it's rock solid. Still very adjustable and since KY isn't over all the time for fittings I think it's a great solution.

Edited by Thxboy
  • Like 1

Biceps and forearms are assembling well this week. 

I cannot for the life of me figure out which shin is which! In the AM 2.0 the overlaps are all gone so I really cant figure this out. Can anyone tell me which pieces are right leg and left leg? Also how wide should be coverstrips be for shins and thighs?

359013E9-5F7D-45CC-9E21-1C6ECD448391_zps

On the cover strips... roughly: 15mm for arms, 20mm leg fronts, 25mm leg backs.

Good to see you over here Chris. I was beginning to wonder if anyone from SLD actually "built" anything. 

-Eric