TK Armor at Disney World Star Wars

Does anyone know if the TK armor they use for the Jedi training event outside of Star Tours is canon?

We were just there taking a ton of pictures of the TK's and Vader and noticed a few things about the armor.

It looked like there was some white ribbing or padding aorund the edges.

Any info?

Wouldn't Disney, now owner of The SW franchise, have their employees don more authentic costumes for the daily events? -just saying. (I guess it would have to be a comfort issue as well)

If that job didn't pay peanuts compared to my "day job"' I'd totally take that gig.

"So what do you do for a living?"

.......Well, I'm a Stormtrooper, for the Empire. (Disney)

"No, really?"

......Really!

• Like 1

Nice call on the post Daniel.

I just stumbled across this and commented.

The last time I was at Disneyland, I checked their Troopers out up close and wasn't impressed. From a distance, not to bad. To the uninitiated, they look great. But it was still fun to watch all the kids faces when the Disney troopers were on stage....with the music. -Fun

My kids couldn't care to watch it. -teenagers, what do they know. (Except everything!)

Edited by Izzy

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance use to work at Disney World (in costume) and the longest anyone is in costume is 20 minutes at the most. I guess it wouldnt make sense to spend lots of time getting dressed (exp since they may or may not have a helper). I personally dont have a problem with their armor.

*note: those in costume always have a spotrer, just not always someone to help them dress*