Undersuits - BCG from Academy, anyone use?

Since Eastbay has changed the stitching on their compression pants, I've been browsing the FISD trying to find a compatible 2 piece substitute.

I stumbled across the Academy website I think these look pretty good (Good price, no logos and black stitching): 

10350292.jpg?is=250,250

BCGâ„¢ Men's Compression Long Sleeve Crew Neck Shirt

10335533.jpg?is=250,250

BCGâ„¢ Men's Compression Tight

Does anyone use these?

Could you recommend any other brands? 

• Like 1

Tim, looking forward to hearing what you think about it. Went to the site and saw they also had a cold weather version. For those of us living in the arctic tundra that is now the Midwest  :D

Here in sunny CA I think the coldest it gets is around 65 ;) 

I hope the colors match, on the FISD I read someone having a slight color variation, but it might have been just from different batches. 

I just started using this set myself. They look and fit great. There is definitely a color difference. The bottoms are totally fine. The top is slightly grayer than the bottoms. Having said that, under the armor, no one would ever notice. Not even myself when looking in a mirror. After having done a ton of research on undersuits, this option definitely provides the most bang for your buck hands down. The only downside is that they don't ship outside of the US. A member of Titan Garrison was kind enough to receive them for me. 

I can provide pics of me with my armor on if you want to see how it looks. 

Jamie

I just started using this set myself. They look and fit great. There is definitely a color difference. The bottoms are totally fine. The top is slightly grayer than the bottoms. Having said that, under the armor, no one would ever notice. Not even myself when looking in a mirror. After having done a ton of research on undersuits, this option definitely provides the most bang for your buck hands down. The only downside is that they don't ship outside of the US. A member of Titan Garrison was kind enough to receive them for me. 

I can provide pics of me with my armor on if you want to see how it looks. 

Jamie

Thank you for the input! 

Feel free to post your pictures if you would like :)

I kinda went crazy with these undersuits and went and bought them all... 

All the websites accept returns and when it was all said and done I probably will only loose around $15 in shipping charges, not too bad of a loss to be able to compare them all side by side. 

Just so theres a record, I also bought:

zI8OAz5.jpg

EASTBAY EVAPOR LONG SLEEVE COMPRESSION CREW

4h6SUZL.jpg?1

Men's UA ColdGear® Evo Compression Mock

I got the pants and they are great. I did get the top but I ordered the wrong color and ended up using my east bay top.

But you will be happy

Great to hear, sounds like everyone likes the pants :)

so i bought the set....color was fine..i’d say stick with all black underwear too...they can be a lil on the sheer side especially under photos with flash...but great bargain..i have two sets..and the eastbay ones as well.

so i bought the set....color was fine..i’d say stick with all black underwear too...they can be a lil on the sheer side especially under photos with flash...but great bargain..i have two sets..and the eastbay ones as well.

Thank you for the input!

I'll make sure to wear some underwear with these pants ;)

BCG is good, Starter brand at Walmart is good, too. About the same price for either.

I actually don't have a Walmart close to where I live (I know crazy, right?!). 

But next time I'm in Walmart I'll look for the Starter brand. 

I just ordered academy and it's nice and black. Ordered a set for a friend to score free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the same, but I ordered 2 different sizes because I was a bit unclear on what size I would really need. 

I use Hanes nylon thermal undershirt/pants that you can pick up at Target/Walmart for less than $30 for both.

Hanes, interesting. 

Next time I'm in Target I'll have to check those out. 

I use BCG. Can't complain at all, except i need to buy more leggings before they go out of stock

Yeah, for the price and free shipping I too was thinking of buying a few more pairs just to have extras. 

Looking forward to the comparisons.

For the record, I've got a BCG top and an Eastbay bottom.  Neither had the other piece in stock when I was doing my shopping.  LoL.  I'm aware of the very subtle difference in the appearance, but nobody else has ever noticed or said anything.  (so far, anyway)

All the packages have arrived!

xFF0gGN.jpg

First off, this is my own personal opinion, and by no means the end all be all. 

Second, I will be rating these in 3 categories:

1. Color
  2. Fabric 
  3. Fit

PANTS

10335533.jpg?is=250,250

BCGâ„¢ Men's Compression Tight

I only ordered BCG Academy Pants. 

After doing research on the FISD, these seemed to be the most recommended pants after Eastbay changed the stitching to white. 

Color: 

Black, true black.

What I mean by that is that the base color seemed to be a Blue tint, making the Black seem darker.

Fabric:

Thin fabric, but not too thin to feel cheap or rip easily. 

The fabric also has a bit of a shimmer, which I think is nice. 

Fit:

Fit well, I wear a size 32 pant, this equaled to a Size Medium. 

SHIRTS

I ordered 3 diffrent shirts:

1. BCG Academy
  2. Eastbay
  3. Under Armour 

BCG Academy

10350292.jpg?is=250,250

BCGâ„¢ Men's Compression Long Sleeve Crew Neck Shirt

Color:

The color matched the BCG Academy pants almost exactly. 

If I wasn’t told that they don’t match I wouldn’t even noticed. 

Fabric:

Same Fabric as the pants, and same shimmer as the BCG Academy pants. 

Fit:

Size Small fit me.

Eastbay fit better, the Academy sleeves seemed a bit looser than they needed to be, but nothing bad at all… I also have really skinny arms. 

Eastbay

zI8OAz5.jpg

EASTBAY EVAPOR LONG SLEEVE COMPRESSION CREW

Color: 

The color is quite close to the BCG Academy, but I felt the Academy Shirt matched the pants better.

Fabric:

The Fabric was about the same thickness and quality as BCG Academy Pants. 

The only difference is that the shimmer was quite different than the BCG Academy Pants. 

Fit:

I bought a Small Shirt.

Eastbay was the best fitting shirt of the 3. 

Under Armour

4h6SUZL.jpg?1

Men's UA ColdGear® Evo Compression Mock

Color:

The color seemed to be quite off from the BCG Academy Pants. 

The base color seemed to be more Gray than Blue.

Fabric:

The was the thickest shirt of the 3. 

The shirt seemed to have a shimmer layer on the outside, a soft blanket like layer on the inside.

Fit: 

I bought a Small Shirt.

This shirt seemed tighter than the rest. 

VERDICT

For me, it all came down to the fabric in the end. 

The fabric used in the Eastbay and Under Armour had a different shimmer than the BCG Academy pants.

Its really hard to get in a photo, but here’s the best I could do to show you the shimmer of the fabric:

aoJZVE8.jpg

The shimmer was the most noticeable difference and in my opinion and it had to match.

As for color, The BCG Academy Shirt was so close to the BCG Academy Pants that I wouldn’t notice if no one told me. I would also like to mention, when it comes to color, Eastbay was close enough that you could have BCG Academy Pants with an Eastbay shirt with no one noticing. 

Here is a photo of what I chose in the end:

B3TTOCo.jpg

Cost breakdown:

BCG Academy Shirt - $16.99

BCG Academy Pants - $16.99

* You can find the Neckseal I have here: 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/13511-for-sale-anh-hero-neckseal/

Hopefully this helps other Stormtroopers out there!

• Like 1

Thanks Tim for posting your findings. I hope you didn't break the bank to do all this. This will surely help lots of people decide what to buy when they need to. I will order some of the BCG pants based on your findings.

Thanks Tim for posting your findings. I hope you didn't break the bank to do all this. This will surely help lots of people decide what to buy when they need to. I will order some of the BCG pants based on your findings.

Glad it helped! 

All the stores accept returns, so when its all said and done I'm only out $13 for return shipping charges ;)

For BCG, any idea on the size break down? I don't see a size chart so I'm not sure what would fit me.

I was totally unsure about that too, so I ordered a small and a medium. 

The small was real small, probably a 28 size pant, and the medium fit me and I wear a size 32. 

As for the other sizes I have no idea.

Also, an under armor shirt matches perfectly with the bcg leggings. :)

Oh nice! What Under Armour shirt did you buy?

The Under Armour shirt I bought ( Men's UA ColdGear® Evo Compression Mock ) seemed quite a bit grayer than the Academy BCG Pants ( BCGâ„¢ Men's Compression Tight ). 

I have the BCG compression gear in both summer and winter weights. Price is great and they seem to be holding up well. TK2311, I always advise our local guys to go with a size smaller than you think you need to get that skin tight fit. We are fortunate here in Nashville to have a couple Academy Sports locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Akasha