IMPERIAL BOOTS

Full size up eh? Guess I'll be looking at size 14 boots then. Still no luck at getting a consistent dialogue with him. I guess I could skip speaking to him first and order straight from the site. It'd just make me a little more at ease to speak to 'em first like you all have been able to do. 

Full size up eh? Guess I'll be looking at size 14 boots then. Still no luck at getting a consistent dialogue with him. I guess I could skip speaking to him first and order straight from the site. It'd just make me a little more at ease to speak to 'em first like you all have been able to do. 

Ah have you tried messaging him on here, he's ZhongVader...also, when's the last time you sent him an email?  If you can stay up late, try emailing later at night as that would be morning time in China...

Yep we've swapped messages through email and messages here. I consciously send my messages during our late PM hours. Yesterday's email was sent 11:30pm...making it 12:30 in the afternoon in Shanghai. 

I understand there's a lot of emails to get back to since coming off a month + of vacation so ... I'll wait a little longer before looking elsewhere. 

If you are looking to order through imperialboots.com  BE WARNED!

They have been TERRIBLE about getting back in touch with people regarding potential orders.  I emailed them a month ago and asked for a quote for a new pair of TK style boots.  This would have been my 4th pair of boots from them since our first order request back in early February. My wife has imperial admiral boots that fit fine, and I have tried 2 pairs of TK boots that they cannot seem to get in the correct size. I ordered a pair of US mens 14, and the first time I got a pair in they were MASSIVE.  I managed to find someone who happened to have a size MASSIVE boot size, and sold them to him on behalf of Imperialboots.com (the individual paid imperial boots for the shoes, and then paid me for shipping to his location).  The second pair were a size US 13 to 13.5.  Close, but too tight and gave me massive blisters on my outsides of my small toes every time I have trooped since July when I received them.  I emailed them in August to try and get a quote for another pair plus shipping, and told them that I would be needing them by Salt Lake comic con in late September.  I received a reply that basically told me they appreciated my patience with the sizing errors and to email them back again in September as they would be taking some time away from the shop.  I have emailed their site contact@ and Private messaged their page directly on Facebook multiple times asking for information, and today they actually went and blocked me from their page after commenting that would like a reply to my month old emails.  All the while having still never received a quote from them, even though I even offered in my many emails to pay extra for an expedited shipment.

Needless to say, I will no longer be sending my business to them, and have already alerted many of the people who have been likewise awaiting email correspondence back from them for several weeks to look for an alternate provider.  If you have nothing but time, then yes, they have a good product. If you like to have emails replied to within a month or two, I suggest you look to other places for your stuff.  I will also post this on my own Alpine Garrison page, on Clonetroopers.net, the IOC and Sith lords detatchment pages, and within the 501st Legion forums as well since they can't block me from being the squeaky wheel in those places.

If anyone has questions regarding any of this, feel free to ask me either on here, or PM.

• Like 1

So far our of the hundreds of orders we fulfil , the vast majority of people had nothing but praise for our product and service. But no matter what we do, we are humans and mistakes happen, for the 2% of the time it did, we tried our utmost to fix it and was generally successful and appreciated…except in one case which has escalated to this. 

To give some context, we are 3 people working on this project, everyday Monday to Sunday after our day jobs often till 1AM.

Last August we decided to upgrade the website in the hope to relief the admin burden and flow of emails as well as to take a well deserved break.

Unfortunately, orders piled up, emails as well and some got lost. 

All back orders are being shipped as we speak and should be cleared within the next 18 days. 

Meanwhile we are getting our stock back to life so that once order are accepted again we will ship within a couple of days

We are also looking for new shipping solutions that would not require a massive increase on shipping costs. 

This is our Mea Culpa for being over enthusiastic and possibly unprepared to handle the tsunami of order we got in September.

We are improving things. We did express our apologies to Chris for our mistake in communicating with him.

Unfortunately, despite fulfilling the original order, then find a way to replace it with a second one,  we were not able to complete the third request and satisfy his current need. 

We remain committed to provide high quality footwear to the community, 

• Like 3

Imperial Boots? I have their TK and yes, you need a size bigger than usual - no different to a bunch of brand names i could mention.<br>

Theyre busy! They cant respond immediately - happens when youre in demand and pretty much the only supplier of an in demand product.<br>

I want their TIE boots but theyre not taking orders - what do I do??? Wait or shop elsewhere, but that is more expensive and a pain... Open a beer, chill out and enjoy the rest of my day. Simples

• Like 3

Thanks for the update Francios, I look forward to receiving a pair of your boots. Just to let you know, your email box here appears to be full as I get the message "the member zhongvador cannot receive any new message."

So far our of the hundreds of orders we fulfil , the vast majority of people had nothing but praise for our product and service. But no matter what we do, we are humans and mistakes happen, for the 2% of the time it did, we tried our utmost to fix it and was generally successful and appreciated…except in one case which has escalated to this. 

To give some context, we are 3 people working on this project, everyday Monday to Sunday after our day jobs often till 1AM.

Last August we decided to upgrade the website in the hope to relief the admin burden and flow of emails as well as to take a well deserved break.

Unfortunately, orders piled up, emails as well and some got lost. 

All back orders are being shipped as we speak and should be cleared within the next 18 days. 

Meanwhile we are getting our stock back to life so that once order are accepted again we will ship within a couple of days

We are also looking for new shipping solutions that would not require a massive increase on shipping costs. 

This is our Mea Culpa for being over enthusiastic and possibly unprepared to handle the tsunami of order we got in September.

We are improving things. We did express our apologies to Chris for our mistake in communicating with him.

Unfortunately, despite fulfilling the original order, then find a way to replace it with a second one,  we were not able to complete the third request and satisfy his current need. 

We remain committed to provide high quality footwear to the community, 

• Like 1

I have found Francois' response time to be very quick to all of my communications to him. He has also been quite helpful and informative. Unfortunately, they are catching up on a backlog of orders, which means I cannot have my order filled for a few weeks, but I understand he will be launching an online ordering system shortly which should help streamline the ordering process.

• Like 1

Just to add to what others have said. 

I emailed a while ago and got no response.  I have now sent a message using the form on their new website and got a prompt response.

I'll be ordering a pair of boots once orders reopen in October with out concern, well other than if my weird feet will fit the boots but that's my issue not theirs.

I received an email from one of the folks at Imperial Boots providing me a tracking number for my order. It appears they have a new email/tracking system so hopefully communication will be better. Unfortunately the tracking number provided was a digit short and the tracking website wouldn't take it. Fortunately, my boots actually showed up the next day!

The boots appear to be well made, with good stitching, with clean cuts in the leather and no sign of sloppy gluing or the sort of things you see with cheap shoes. Had I seen these in a store at this price, I would have bought them without a thought. I ordered a size up as suggested and tried them on with a medium weight sock. They fit well, with just a little bit of room in them that I like for heavier socks, or for extra air when the weather is warm. The toe is a bit longer than I would normally like because of the upsizing, but didn't interfere with walking around the house. One note; the dye stench is strong with this one. The boots are currently sitting in my garage to off-gas and air out a bit.

Overall I'm very pleased thus far with the outcome. As a customer, I would appreciate better communication. Just getting the email with the shipping info would have been enough if it came a bit sooner. Perhaps a notice when the order moved from processing to shipping. Hopefully the new tool helps with this. Thanks Francois and team!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received an email from one of the folks at Imperial Boots providing me a tracking number for my order. It appears they have a new email/tracking system so hopefully communication will be better. Unfortunately the tracking number provided was a digit short and the tracking website wouldn't take it. Fortunately, my boots actually showed up the next day!

The boots appear to be well made, with good stitching, with clean cuts in the leather and no sign of sloppy gluing or the sort of things you see with cheap shoes. Had I seen these in a store at this price, I would have bought them without a thought. I ordered a size up as suggested and tried them on with a medium weight sock. They fit well, with just a little bit of room in them that I like for heavier socks, or for extra air when the weather is warm. The toe is a bit longer than I would normally like because of the upsizing, but didn't interfere with walking around the house. One note; the dye stench is strong with this one. The boots are currently sitting in my garage to off-gas and air out a bit.

Overall I'm very pleased thus far with the outcome. As a customer, I would appreciate better communication. Just getting the email with the shipping info would have been enough if it came a bit sooner. Perhaps a notice when the order moved from processing to shipping. Hopefully the new tool helps with this. Thanks Francois and team!

How long was the wait from when you ordered to when the boots arrived?

I ordered on Oct 12th, thy shipped on Oct 20th and are currently showing as "Pre advised" on the tracking.  Not sure what that means but I'd guess they are still on a boat from China to Europe.

On arrival I will try to do a bit of a review.

Checked my email this morning and found this message accompanying a credit Paypal credit for $80!  w00t! 

Thanks so much, Fracois and company!

Anthony congratulation, you bought the 421st pair of “421” trooper boots so we have your boots on their way to you plus a leather neck seal and of course here is your refund on your purchase. Keep Trooping ! The team at Imperial Boots !

Edited by mokujin22
  • Like 5

Forgot to say mine came last week, though I had to pay! :laugh1:

Very happy with the boots, fit well (ordered up 1 size as suggested) and the inner soles are good and seem like they should be good for a troop.

I do have 1 tiny issue which is the left inner sole isn't 100% perfectly aligned so sticks up a shade at the back but I've had this with other shoes before.  Certainly not worth returning over, I'll just take a knife to it to trim the offending foam.

I took some pictures which I'll post once I get round to it.

I ordered my boots on Thurs Nov 5th and got them on delivered to Miami on Wed Nov 11th.  Paid the extra $20 for expedited shipping, but well worth it given the speed of delivery.  Terrific customer service by Vincent @ Imperial Boots!

Went 1 size larger, and the fit is great!  Very excited to put the whole ensemble on now that I have all the pieces and accessories.

• Like 2

So their site says they are closed until January 2016?  Is that correct?

Edit:
Now I am confused, when I first loaded up the site a pop-up said they were closed until January, but the news tab says they close on Nov 30th... So are they still taking orders?

Edited by ArmyDocTrooper18

So their site says they are closed until January 2016?  Is that correct?

Edit:

Now I am confused, when I first loaded up the site a pop-up said they were closed until January, but the news tab says they close on Nov 30th... So are they still taking orders?

Looks like they are closed for the year now. They did send an email but that wouldn't help people not on the list. Basically they want a holiday break like everyone else and so are clearing the books before the holidays and will open again in Jan.

Ordered on Oct 30th - US Size 14. Had to be custom made. (Im normally a 13). Dealt with Vincent - very nice and quick to respond. 

Latest status on tracking is that it arrived in my city today. Should expect delivery tomorrow. 

Ordered Oct 27th on the website. Received notification that they shipped Nov 2nd, but apparently were not released from the port until Nov 17th. Just arrived today!

I normally wear 8 1/2 narrow, so I only went up to a 9. They fit very well, and still have a little vertical room for a gel insert, which I suspect might be a good idea.