IMPERIAL BOOTS

I have enquired via the Contact section of the website and heard nothing back as yet on how to order .

When I got my boots last month, I found I had to send 2-3 emails for every one replied to. Like when I asked for payment received verification, it took a few emails before I got a reply. Also, received conflicting emails (as in "your boots were shipped yesterday", and then a day later "your boots are going out today").

However, the quality is fantastic, and despite the ok service, Im glad I ordered them. I ordered a 1/2 size up, and found them a bit narrow in the front, and glad I upsized. I look forward to all the trooping I'll get out of them

I will vouch for Francois credibility, mine originally got lost vis USPS and I panicked, he offered to send me another pair at no charge, just pay shipping. At the very last minute someone in my complex fessed up to having them and I cancelled. Not many people do that now adays. Im about 25 troops into mine and they are broken in very nicely. Kicking back at the office

11188354_10205382043684400_6878338335220

• Like 2

I will vouch for Francois credibility, mine originally got lost vis USPS and I panicked, he offered to send me another pair at no charge, just pay shipping. At the very last minute someone in my complex fessed up to having them and I cancelled. Not many people do that now adays. Im about 25 troops into mine and they are broken in very nicely. Kicking back at the office

11188354_10205382043684400_6878338335220

I'll vouch for him as well!

Is ordering through their site reliable? I came here to find out but it looks like everyone who commented ordered through PM.

Before he updated his site, they had no way to order directly from it.  Prior to me purchasing my pair...he told me to just Paypal it to him and not to use the site's store as it was still being updated.  He provided me my tracking number a few days later...my boots are en route to the US!

• Like 1

Are they true to size or shall I order a half size up? I normally wear a 13 US in Nike Running shoes. 

I'm still waiting on more steady communication to order my boots from Francois. I trust his product so I'll keep waiting for him to reply.  

Are they true to size or shall I order a half size up? I normally wear a 13 US in Nike Running shoes. 

I'm still waiting on more steady communication to order my boots from Francois. I trust his product so I'll keep waiting for him to reply.

I'm in the same boat, I wear an 11UK but I know I have wide feet so waiting on email confirmation from IB before I order. I'd like to try beat the Anovos rush too if I can!

I usually wear size 11-12 US in Converse/Boots..I had asked him if he had US 11.5 in the TK boots to be safe w/a half-size up...he said they only did full metric numbers after sizes 11 but could find something to match me...I ended up ordering US 12s and will just use Dr Scholl's inserts if need be...but then from some of the reviews regarding their tightness...a full size up still might work out...and in terms of communication...I had to send him mltpl emails due to the time difference, but he did answer all of my questions.

• Like 1

I usually wear size 11-12 US in Converse/Boots..I had asked him if he had US 11.5 in the TK boots to be safe w/a half-size up...he said they only did full metric numbers after sizes 11 but could find something to match me...I ended up ordering US 12s and will just use Dr Scholl's inserts if need be...but then from some of the reviews regarding their tightness...a full size up still might work out...and in terms of communication...I had to send him mltpl emails due to the time difference, but he did answer all of my questions.

I would rather order a full size up and add inner soles or thick socks than get some that are too small.  Also those sorts of shoes can't have overly comfy inner soles by default can they?

When ordering a full size up + inserts + thick socks, will that make up for the extra space in the toes? 

I've given him my measurements twice but I'm still waiting for a response. It's been nearly a week since my last email to him. I won't send anymore emails until I get a response, no point in spamming his inbox. 

I would rather order a full size up and add inner soles or thick socks than get some that are too small.  Also those sorts of shoes can't have overly comfy inner soles by default can they?

not sure how comfy the inner soles are...not sure how thick either.  I originally purchased a pair of the Phantasma brand boots...unfortunately, they have a seam on the front...only good for basic approval..i ordered the MED size (10-11)..was slightly larger than 11, got the Dr. Scholl's inserts...fit nicely/snug...so I'd think if you order a full size up...either a new insert or thick socks should do the trick!

When ordering a full size up + inserts + thick socks, will that make up for the extra space in the toes? 

I've given him my measurements twice but I'm still waiting for a response. It's been nearly a week since my last email to him. I won't send anymore emails until I get a response, no point in spamming his inbox. 

I thought I was spamming him too...but every reply he was very nice/patient....you might honestly need to email him again just as a friendly reminder...I wouldn't even FWD your last email, just copy/paste into a new one so it shows up at the top of your convo w/him...but also, i'd think thick socks/inserts would do the trick!

Since I'm a 13 I guess I'll see if he suggests getting a size 14 if what yall said is true... that he doesn't do half sizes above 11. O_o 

So I guess there's nothing really to discuss with him huh?

I thought I was spamming him too...but every reply he was very nice/patient....you might honestly need to email him again just as a friendly reminder...I wouldn't even FWD your last email, just copy/paste into a new one so it shows up at the top of your convo w/him...but also, i'd think thick socks/inserts would do the trick!

I have wide feet so having an inch (or more) or spare toe room in a shoe is pretty normal for me. I'm thinking I'll be ordering a UK12 but if I can get away with an 11 then I'd rather that.

I've also got nearly a week on my email so will probably chase over the weekend.

I just did what Sam suggested and just send my previous message again. I got a short reply saying he had '421' (TK) boots in stock. That's good news since TKBoots is struggling with stock. 

However, my concern isn't with stock - it's with proper fit! 

I dont think I have wide feet since I never seek out special shoes and sizes. 

I just want a good fit and possibly use inserts. 

A personal goal of mine is to walk a 5K or some kind of charity walk / run in TK armor so getting good boots is important to me! 

• Like 1

I just did what Sam suggested and just send my previous message again. I got a short reply saying he had '421' (TK) boots in stock. That's good news since TKBoots is struggling with stock. 

However, my concern isn't with stock - it's with proper fit! 

I dont think I have wide feet since I never seek out special shoes and sizes. 

I just want a good fit and possibly use inserts. 

A personal goal of mine is to walk a 5K or some kind of charity walk / run in TK armor so getting good boots is important to me! 

Glad he responded back to you!

I ordered boots for myself as well as my girlfriend.  His communication was awesome.  She wears a men's size 5, which no one normally carries but he came through for us.  I ordered a size 10.  They fit but now I wonder if I shouldn't have gone 10.5.

if they don't fit, message him immediately and see if he can exchange them...you might only need to pay s/h

FWIW on size:

I wear size 10 US (43 EU) Converse. My feet are a bit wide, but not so much that I've ever had to look for shoes made for wide feet.

My IB TK boots are size 11 US (44 EU). I've only used them a few times. They fit, but a little tighter than my Converse - deep enough for my toes, but a bit narrower across the widest part of the foot. Being leather I'm sure they'll be comfortable once I've worn them in.

Edited by dapradiel
  • Like 1