My MTK build thread.( ANH Stunt)

• Well, as you can see below, at some point today I will be sharing a big brown box picture! Just put the finishing touches on my ATA helmet which Im not sure I will do with it, toher than my wife expressing interest in a fem trooper( fingers crossed!) I plan on jamming this thing out rather quickly, yet correctly. I will have a lot of time on my hands as I enter our slow season here at work. This should keep me busy! 
  • Heres the ATA lid all complete being modeled by my lil girl
  • 10480154_10204054133247469_1439630821607
  • On Time
  • Expected Delivery Day: Monday, November 10, 2014 help_icon_trans.gif

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • Priority Mail 2-Dayâ„¢
Features:
  • $50 insurance included
  • USPS Trackingâ„¢
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
November 10, 2014 , 8:06 am

Arrived at Post Office

BOCA RATON, FL 33432 

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 8:06 am on November 10, 2014 in BOCA RATON, FL 33432. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Monday, November 10, 2014. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Awesome - you're going to love MTK's set!

Unfortunately, if you're talking about the Jes Gistang armor, the standard TK helmet is way too large and looks like a bobblehead on the femtrooper armor. Unless, of course, you're talking about the one with the boobs...

well, after a hellatious half a week at work I was able to finally check out the contents of the box. Checked the inventory, all there, installed trooperbay sticker on truck lol. Gonna dive into it saturday and sunday as Ive got nothing planned but to clear my head and start a trimmin. Really like this kit. Hopefully hook up with a few guys on the 501 st for some advice as well. 

I laid it out on the bed, shut the lights off and called the dog in, he freaked out lmao

10410593_10204078719102100_3970241132245

10378073_10204078719942121_7923324480604

well was on my death bed sick friday, cough cough, achoo. Plus my bosses are driving me nuts so I took the day, one to get cracking on the build and two to pressure clean and get a few things done with 25 people coming in for Thanksgiving.

forearms and biceps

10155012_10204107513021930_4752052446035

10426550_10204107514661971_3814082993689

started on the new bucket as well, its a bit bigger than the ATA, love em both though!

got the right thigh about 99% complete and started on some other trimming. 

Edited by Polartrooper

Having issues loading pictures but, all trimmed, fitted, all thats left is strapping and glueing the shins, ran out of glue! Its coming together nicely, Ill post pictures at work manana.

Coming along- looking great!  Cant tell if your shoulders are just not snapped in yet, looks like they can come way forward.  

Check on your thigh piece, I think it needs to roll 90 degrees inwards, then your ammo pack roll the other way, but it could just be the pic.  

Wont be long now! 

The thigh stripe must be directly on the font, so as Scott said almost 90 degrees to the left (your left) for the thigh and 90 degrees to the right for the thigh ammo.

Your ab plate must be a bit low, the chest is supposed to overlaps over the ab.  And try to get your shoulder bells higher, almost under the strap chest-back.  Is it possible you're very tall ?

It's a great feeling putting the pieces together during the building phase  :)

Coming along nicely. Another observation is that it appears that your biceps might be too big. The cover strip of your left bicep appears to be inline with your actual arm, resulting in a lot of overhang. Read just about all of our MTK builds and its a common problem. You've got a lot of return edge on most pieces, which make the armor look nice and thick and bulky, but by reducing them allows the armor to fit your body more snuggly - and minimises any armor 'bite'.

cool thanks for the input gang! I am 6' 1", that was just a half witted attempt to strap it on to see how she felt. I cant get the ab plate to over lap unless I hunch a bit, maybe proper strapping will fix. Got a lot of work to do still as far as trimming return edges, shrinking the right bicep, thighs etc. That was all done with velcro as well. I had bent over to pick something up for the wife( i wish you guys woulda told me you cant really bend over in one of these things lol) and it all freaking exploded off me right before she took the picture! 

I can't remember, but i read a thread recently where someone had cut, then extended the ab/cod piece as he was tall too just to get it to the right dimensions. You may need to do the same. MTK fits me great at 5'7" or so, and I notice Toybiz (recent EIB recipient, is 5'8"). Not sure exactly what MTK armor is recommended for, heightwise... Although looking again, 2thin was 5'10" and appeared to have plenty of spare overlap, so maybe you need to double check your shoulder straps - lower the chest, or hike that cod up a little more.